• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Verendus

Banned
Rumor has it the main event is scheduled for 45 minutes.
I'd actually really like this if they pace it well.

There used to be several of these matches at the old events with a good amount of talent, but they'd be short and basically forgettable. 2006 was a pretty bad offender if I remember right.

strobogo

Banned
I'd actually really like this if they pace it well.

There used to be several of these matches at the old events with a good amount of talent, but they'd be short and basically forgettable. 2006 was a pretty bad offender if I remember right.

Team Lesnar vs Team Angle

Hardcore Holly is eliminated before the match starts
Albert is eliminated in under a minute.
Bradshaw is eliminated about 30 seconds later.
Morgan and Jones are eliminated within about 30 seconds of each other.
Angle is eliminated about 10 seconds later.

Mengetsu

Some more sheets news on Sting.

WWE flew Sting into Kansas City from Dallas this morning as a way to hide him from fans that would be waiting at airports trying to get photos, according to PWInsider. He was on his way to St. Louis for Survivor Series a few hours ago.

The call to have Sting appear at Survivor Series tonight apparently just came up, according to F4Wonline.com. Sting was promoting WWE 2K15 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week and knew nothing about appearing tonight.

Verendus

Banned
Team Lesnar vs Team Angle

Hardcore Holly is eliminated before the match starts
Albert is eliminated in under a minute.
Bradshaw is eliminated about 30 seconds later.
Morgan and Jones are eliminated within about 30 seconds of each other.
Angle is eliminated about 10 seconds later.
I remember this one too. That one sucked. The following year with Team Guerrero and Team Angle was really short too. Both were about 10 minutes I think.

Elimination matches I feel are amazing when done right, but that's the kind of stuff I mean. They have the potential to put on something great with everyone involved, but you get a crappy ten minute match.

strobogo

Banned
I feel there hasn't been a really good SS match in a long time. Even the longer matches suffer from 2-5 guys eliminated within a minute and break down to basically a tag match or 3-2 or 2-1 for a long stretch.

Mengetsu

All this Sting news is great :lol

After days of swirling rumors about a much-anticipated appearance by legendary professional wrestler Sting at this weekend’s Survivor Series event, a leaked WWE script reveals that Sting will “hatch” from a huge egg.

According to the script — which bears the WWE watermark and the signature of Vince McMahon — a befuddled “Mean” Gene Okerlund will watch in amazement as Sting emerges from the egg wearing a colorful, feathered outfit.

Sting, who was a top star in World Championship Wresstling (WCW) but has never competed in a WWE ring, is scheduled to then run frantically to the ring, clucking and flapping his arms.

The script seems to indicate that Sting will be repackaged as “The Stingledy Gooker,” and will begin a long feud against Terry Taylor, who will come out of retirement to resume his role as the Red Rooster.

According to one source within WWE, the new gimmick will be a radical departure from Sting’s Crow-like persona from his WCW heyday, but will still be a vast improvement over the Joker character he portrayed in TNA.

Sting-egg.jpg

Verendus

Banned
I feel there hasn't been a really good SS match in a long time. Even the longer matches suffer from 2-5 guys eliminated within a minute and break down to basically a tag match or 3-2 or 2-1 for a long stretch.
With that many people, you could create some really great stuff, but you're right that they rush eliminations a lot of times. That's what I mean by pacing it well.

I think 2009 might not have been that bad, bu I honestly can't remember that well. I'm pretty sure that's the one with Team Kingston and Team Orton as well as another elimination match, and both were of decent length.

If they do a 45 minute match, they should really plan it well in terms of the story so you could realistically shift balance four times throughout with everyone involved. It could create a good back and forth too. I'm sure they'll half-ass it though so I won't anticipate anything.

She's won 1 single match, it was via DQ against Layla in 2011. Her overall record is 45 wins, 224 losses and 1 draw. She loses 83% of the time, making her statistically the worst Diva to have on your team by far.

The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster at Survivor Series

Recall

I really wish there was a way for me to watch WWE live on my phone/iPad without having to proxy and fuck about because I live in the UK.

Fuck Sky too.

Recall

Considering Vince seemingly loves this shitty commentary it makes you wonder why they kept JR around for as long as did. Horrific commentary is horrific.

Top Bottom