• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

gurudyne

Rose did not get time to grow his character at NXT. He was with his new character for a month or two and then shipped his ass off to the main roster. He's floundered there.

Bo Dallas, while not a great wrestler unfortunately, I do like him on the mic. But there was no subtlety with his character. You just can't yell "The INSPIRATIONAL" Bo Dallas. I dunno. Rubbed me the wrong way. They did have a nice thing going with his undefeated streak but then R-Truth just beat him one day randomly, lol.

Big problem with the comedy character debuts for the past couple of years has been repetition. They show up, do their schtick (Adam Rose parties, Bo Dallas bolieves, Fandango dances and gets countout losses, Star Dust cosmic keys in that backstage room with Golddust) and then they repeat that intro for 4-8 weeks with little variation or logic behind their actions. It grates and their presence on the show quickly becomes yet another waste of time on a show full of them. Bo did better than the others in that regard; he had more to say and added different mannerisms to his matches to keep things fresh, but without an end goal beyond 'needlessly antagonize whatever midcarder is around', he was spinning his wheels like everyone else.

I think the only people who can get over in that kind of environment are those who can be entertaining just by being there rather than needing creative to be competent with them (which is just such a stupid state of affairs). Sandow's current gimmick allows him to shine without needing anything more than a match. Enzo and Cass will do well on RAW because they don't need anything but a mic and a camera to be entertaining and Enzo's character can probably get over even with the commentary team undermining him. If you can't bring that level of charisma and creativity with you, you're probably not going to do well outside of big pushes.

Mengetsu

Rollins not happy with Lesnar.

Source: Miami Herald

Seth Rollins has had a busy schedule in the ring, as well as promoting tonight's Survivor Series and the recently released WWE 2K15 video game. He spoke to the Miami Herald about tonight's event, and Brock Lesnar's absence.
Brock Lesnar not being around as champion:

"I think it's bull crap, I don't appreciate it one bit. I'm sitting here with this contract biding my time. I want to be the WWE world heavyweight champion now. I don't want to wait around to when he decides it's cool to show up. He has said it before. He is this mercenary. He is basically a guy you pay as much as he wants and he comes and works for you. I'm not a fan of that. I think there is no honor in that."

His spot as captain of Team Authority at Survivor Series:

"I think there is a lot of weight on my shoulders for sure, You are looking at some pretty big stakes going into Survivor Series with the Authority's control of WWE on the line. You could be looking at a completely different WWE come the night after Survivor Series. It's on my shoulders to make sure that doesn't happen. I like my bosses. I like where they're at, as they've helped me out a lot."

Verendus

Banned
Rollins does have one thing in common with Lesnar, they're both horrible at promos. Lesnar is unintentionally hilarious though, whether it's his bird calls, or him straining his voice whilst shouting.

I even think he should have a rap battle when he returns. It's the only way to raise the stakes in the coming Joan Cena match.

You should watch his match against Magnus at TNA Bound For Glory 2013
The few gifs I've seen on WrassleGaf make me think I should avoid watching anything of him in TNA.

It's time for Sting in the WWE.

strobogo

Banned
Rollins does have one thing in common with Lesnar, they're both horrible at promos. Lesnar is unintentionally hilarious though, whether it's his bird calls, or him straining his voice whilst shouting.

I even think he should have a rap battle when he returns. It's the only way to raise the stakes in the coming Joan Cena match.

The few gifs I've seen on WrassleGaf make me think I should avoid watching anything of him in TNA.

It's time for Sting in the WWE.

Sting in TNA up to about 2008 was better than Sting in WCW in 1999-2001. And then Joker Sting was dope in 2011 I think

JavyOO7

One of the few things WWE is doing right is not having Lesnar being there every week. Makes it special when he does arrive and annihilates someone. Just let Heyman rant as the weeks go by.

Sting in TNA was great, they built his mystique up really well when he first appeared. Then they let his character grow beyond the broody Crow guy, and it was pretty good. Him being stalked by Alex Shelly on behalf of Jeff Jarrett was great.

I personally thought his old man gangster look in the Mafia thing was pretty cool too.

Kaladin

Sting in TNA was great, they built his mystique up really well when he first appeared. Then they let his character grow beyond the broody Crow guy, and it was pretty good. Him being stalked by Alex Shelly on behalf of Jeff Jarrett was great.

I personally thought his old man gangster look in the Mafia thing was pretty cool too.

I enjoyed his TNA run. He started to decline in the ring around 2010, but he remained enjoyable on the mic. I highly enjoyed his run as Joker Sting GM.

ROH/NJPW looking at 4 shows here in 2015.

Toronto would be great again as long as they get a better venue so I'm not behind the glass of the rink and have huge lighting rigs blocking my sight.

Vylash

Survivor Series 2014 Match Card

jN2K3YaALlikw.jpg

WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal 4 Way: Gold & Stardust vs The Miz & Damien Mizdow vs The Usos vs Los Matadores

jvuqG8RGxvXR6.jpg

WWE Divas Championship: AJ Lee vs Nikki Bella

jbzRfmcMsUWfnc.jpg

Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt

jbaAWhzFabEpyo.jpg

Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Match: Alicia Fox, Natalya, Naomi & Emma vs Paige, Cameron, Summer Rae & Layla

jSy6aZw4N72qt.jpg

Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Match: Team Cena vs Team Authority

Kaladin

Guys, look who was spotted at the airport in **where the hell is Survivor Series this year?** St. Louis, Missouri!!!

The man called STING!

BA6Lxdg.jpg

I believe they telegraphed the Usos win by airing a special on them on the Network after Raw.

Oh... Joy. Makes sense. I know that the dust brothers are my favourite tag team since the Rock 'n' Sock connection, but they have to lose at some stage. But... Why against the fucking Usos? Why not Mizdow? Anything but the Usos. Goddamnit. Stupid WWE.

Interested to see how they work around Rusev tonight, being it seems like the authority aren't winning somebody's gonna have to go over him.

I wonder who...

Top Bottom