• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Alucard

Banned
I worry for the WWE. The Anticipation of Sting has been carrying ratings for the better part of a year now. Where do they go after this?

Sting vs. Random Guy @ Royal Rumble.

I wonder how long it takes for Sting to regret going to the WWE from a creative standpoint. I'm sure his check makes up for it, though.

10788010_382204358612018_1442606730_n.jpg

need to lydown now

So damn...hnnnnnnng. dammit, Kaitlyn. *jack shepherd "Kate, we have to go back" gif*

Meltzer: Sting is in the building.

Sting decision was made on Thursday or Friday, Sting had no idea.

Meltzer after Sting doesnt show up

"Due to a last minute creative change WWE decided to pull Sting at the last moment. He will probably show up in the lead to mania"

Or "Sting was only in town to talk with Vince"

PLACE BETS NOW!

somedevil

The WWE is in such a strange place right now. They're so happy to keep the product as it is, as it's not really losing anything. Yet at the same time it's not gaining anything. I can't see them going back to the 'Attitude Era' as it'll upset Shareholders or whatever excuse keeps being used.

They're making money still right?

Yes they were until they started a network because doing that costs alot of money. The PPV attendance has been on a roll selling out or close to until this one that is having problems.

There are problems but not as bad as this thread makes it out to be. The biggest problem is the network.

Alucard

Banned
The fact that Sting didn't know until Thursday or Friday about his appearance just goes to show the WWE is totally panicking and has no long term plan, and poor long term planning in general.

Inoffensive, but not all that memorable. The door on Kane's head was fucking disgusting.

I never used to care about this kind of stuff, but I just saw TNA Weekly PPV #6 and Jeff Jarrett whacks the shit out of NWA Vice-President Bill Behrens' skull! Also Ken Shamrock is so dumb in TNA, he's angry at everyone except this big steroid British guy.

Yes they were until they started a network because doing that costs alot of money. The PPV attendance has been on a roll selling out or close to until this one that is having problems.

There are problems but not as bad as this thread makes it out to be. The biggest problem is the network.

Yeah, I thought so. The product is stale, but then it can 'afford' to be, as there's no need to really change it, despite most of us feeling it's rubbish. We're still watching the shows and we're even subbed to The Network.

strobogo

Banned
I was seriously thinking about watching ss 2003...

It's okay. The McMahon matches are spectacles. Austin vs Bischoff is decent. It's just a generally forgettable show like most shows from that period, especially Raw heavy ones.

I never used to care about this kind of stuff, but I just saw TNA Weekly PPV #6 and Jeff Jarrett whacks the shit out of NWA Vice-President Bill Behrens' skull! Also Ken Shamrock is so dumb in TNA, he's angry at everyone except this big steroid British guy.

I don't know how you could watch it and not be grossed out, especially with the audio. It sounds horrific.

RP912

Banned
It's okay. The McMahon matches are spectacles. Austin vs Bischoff is decent. It's just a generally forgettable show like most shows from that period, especially Raw heavy ones.

I seen bits and pieces of the ppv a long time ago...mainly the buried alive match.

I don't know how you could watch it and not be grossed out, especially with the audio. It sounds horrific.

I was in my late-teens/early-twenties at the time, I thought that stuff was amazing! Obviously now I'm in my mellow 30s and fell off my bike once, I can appreciate blunt head trauma.

In fact, there hasn't been a week in these TNA Weekly PPVs yet where Jeff Jarrett hasn't whacked some guy full on in the head. He took out some NFL guy the week before, and he wasn't even prepared for it.

RP912

Banned
....you know what, if Sting is only here to announce the Network is getting 97-00 Nitros, I will be 100% ok with it.

this mainly...

Damn carnies trying to hold me by the neck with my love for wcw.

on another note: is this todd pettengill I hear on this weeks wwe countdown???

I remember Survivor Series 2003 being a better PPV than it actually is, really I think it's just that Kane had a decent match with Shane and also got to literally bury Taker and end that shitty 2003 Biker Bro Taker gimmick so I chalked it up as a win for me.
Also HBK's last stand for Team Austin was neat, then they milk the end of Austin's authority figure career for all it's worth only for him to be back in the near future, perhaps tonight we'll get something similar.

Lesnar's "I didn't lose promo" is another thing that sticks out to me there, it was odd, as odd as seeing him tap out to not quite main event level Benoit, 2003 Lesnar was a bit of a chump in the grand scheme of Monster Lesnar.

strobogo

Banned
I was in my late-teens/early-twenties at the time, I thought that stuff was amazing! Obviously now I'm in my mellow 30s and fell off my bike once, I can appreciate blunt head trauma.

In fact, there hasn't been a week in these TNA Weekly PPVs yet where Jeff Jarrett hasn't whacked some guy full on in the head. He took out some NFL guy the week before, and he wasn't even prepared for it.

I feel like that spot was an instacringe even we weren't in the brain damage era. It's instinctive. It looked and sounded like his head got caved in. Just brutal. If Soul wasn't resting in peace, he'd tell you that was the most painful thing Kane has ever experienced. But at the very start of the match he also took a super bad bump over the top rope and basically gave himself a piledriver from the top rope the floor.

RP912

Banned
I remember Survivor Series 2003 being a better PPV than it actually is, really I think it's just that Kane had a decent match with Shane and also got to literally bury Taker and end that shitty 2003 Biker Bro Taker gimmick so I chalked it up as a win for me.
Also HBK's last stand for Team Austin was neat, then they milk the end of Austin's authority figure career for all it's worth only for him to be back in the near future, perhaps tonight we'll get something similar.

Lesnar's "I didn't lose promo" is another thing that sticks out to me there, it was odd, as odd as seeing him tap out to not quite main event level Benoit, 2003 Lesnar was a bit of a chump in the grand scheme of Monster Lesnar.

They really dropped the ball in 2003 with brock. He went from a face to heel to face and heel within a course of a year. I lone for the 2002 beast incarnate brock :(

I feel like that spot was an instacringe even we weren't in the brain damage era. It's instinctive. It looked and sounded like his head got caved in. Just brutal. If Soul wasn't resting in peace, he'd tell you that was the most painful thing Kane has ever experienced. But at the very start of the match he also took a super bad bump over the top rope and basically gave himself a piledriver from the top rope the floor.

I think I need to see this again, in fact I'm not sure I've even seen it. I stopped watching ~2002/2003, and went all cool indies only. Indies only meant TNA, ROH and CHIKARA. Someone showed me some CZW but it was just fat blokes in a garden, so didn't like it.

Kaladin

Finally watching the first episode of Nitro on the Network, they did such a better job than WWE of capturing a "live" feeling with their first broadcast. They had an amazing location, better crowd and even a surprise debut. Plus, they actually had quality wrasslin'.

Love it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"December is WCW Nitro month on the WWE Network so relive all my great moments for just $9.99. Bye"

I'm here to announce that WWE Network will be showing more of a certain show I was on from time to time starting this December for only 9.99.

1998-2000 Thunder!

Kaladin

Hogan was such a heel in the main event of first Nitro, since when did babyfaces have managers that ran distractions on the ref so you could do something illegal?

JavyOO7

Why was Rusev not hyped as an elite prospect coming out of NXT? He's the total package, well, except he can't talk yet but that's to the benefit of us all. Really athletic big guy who gets it. Remember when Bo Dallas and Adam Rose were so hyped instead here lolololol

Rose did not get time to grow his character at NXT. He was with his new character for a month or two and then shipped his ass off to the main roster. He's floundered there.

Bo Dallas, while not a great wrestler unfortunately, I do like him on the mic. But there was no subtlety with his character. You just can't yell "The INSPIRATIONAL" Bo Dallas. I dunno. Rubbed me the wrong way. They did have a nice thing going with his undefeated streak but then R-Truth just beat him one day randomly, lol.

Verendus

Banned
Meltzer: Sting is in the building.

Sting decision was made on Thursday or Friday, Sting had no idea.
I hope they're not half-assing this. I haven't seen Sting since the last episode of WCW.

I know I'm going to end up regretting sacrificing my sleep for this, but what the hell, it's Sting. I gotta believe.

I hope they're not half-assing this. I haven't seen Sting since the last episode of WCW.

I know I'm going to end up regretting sacrificing my sleep for this, but what the hell, it's Sting. I gotta believe.
You should watch his match against Magnus at TNA Bound For Glory 2013

Top Bottom