• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Alucard

Banned
By the sounds of it, tuning in for the last 20-25 minutes was a good call. The rest of the PPV sounds like it was blase, but that ending...damn. That's pro wrestling awesomeness right there. Very cool moment. Bravo to the E on that one. Now the ever-difficult job of following up.

JVOKVWR.gif

somedevil

By the sounds of it, tuning in for the last 20-25 minutes was a good call. The rest of the PPV sounds like it was blase, but that ending...damn. That's pro wrestling awesomeness right there. Very cool moment. Bravo to the E on that one. Now the ever-difficult job of following up.

The Tag match and Bray vs Ambrose was good as well.

I don't know why some people are saying the ziggler push was for nothing because it made sting look good. I don't see it like that at all. That was a legit Ziggler push. They made him look fantastic with that hbk level resilience of back in the day and taking out some top guys. The sting part was just icing.

Anth0ny

i'm sure ziggler's momentum will carry into raw tomorrow

and the coming weeks

and you know what

he's going to be in a great position come the next ppv

Kaladin

Yeah, Ziggler just got the biggest push he's ever had. Legit had the match won, even.

Sting was only there to counter Triple H's rage.....the rest was all Ziggler.

Alucard

Banned
I don't know why some people are saying the ziggler push was for nothing because it made sting look good. I don't see it like that at all. That was a legit Ziggler push. They made him look fantastic with that hbk level resilience of back in the day and taking out some top guys. The sting part was just icing.

We'll see how they follow up. Ziggler's been "pushed" before. Hell, even at Survivor Series.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

Seriously. Ziggler kicked out of literally everything they tried to hit him with, he came back down 3-1, he got the rub here, for real.

MC Safety

That was the dumbest thing ever.

Why does Sting care about anything in WWE?

How come the Authority didn't lose after mauling two referees?

I knew the show would be a 10-car pileup when it opened with a speech. And then the WWE followed it up with crap like Adam Rose and the Bunny, the Bellas, and SuperZiggler.

Kyari

Wait a minute, I thought Vince was going to give his thoughts on the PPV after it ended....it's just replaying though.

It was originally scheduled for 10:45 but I guess SS ran long so they just decided to skip it on the stream and start over for the west coast. Disappointing.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I liked the main event, thought it was well paced, booked like an old school SS match where the face has to overcome dem odds. Glad Ziggler was the last man standing, Sting was unexpected. I guess it will be him and Mr H at WM.

The Bray/Dean match was okay, but the feud is still too new in my opinion to have a PPV match.

Tag team match was not bad, the rest was awful. If Adam Rose is having a PPV match (in the middle of the card no less) its because the writers are doing a shitty job building the angles and feuds.

I could talk about how most of the PPV was shit, how AJ deserved better, etc

But fuck it. I just saw Sting in WWE. the internet was fucking right

I'm happy

Bowser

I liked the main event, thought it was well paced, booked like an old school SS match where the face has to overcome dem odds. Glad Ziggler was the last man standing, Sting was unexpected. I guess it will be him and Mr H at WM.

The Bray/Dean match was okay, but the feud is still too new in my opinion to have a PPV match.

Tag team match was not bad, the rest was awful. If Adam Rose is having a PPV match (in the middle of the card no less) its because the writers are doing a shitty job building the angles and feuds.

Yeah, and if they're just going to throw random matches into the middle of the PPV, it might as well have been Cesaro/Swagger.

Seriously. Ziggler kicked out of literally everything they tried to hit him with, he came back down 3-1, he got the rub here, for real.

Anyone who thinks Ziggler didn't come out of this looking like a fucking star is a moron.

I enjoyed that pretty much top to bottom. AJ vs Nikki was completely forgettable, but ten seconds long or whatever. Adam Rose and the Bunny vs Slater Gator was the bathroom break, but the other four matches all did it for me.

With no storyline, the 4 v 4 diva's survivor series match was actually really solid and was given a good amount of time. Ambrose vs Bray delivered and intelligently moved them to the no DQ TLC match we all know this feud needed. The four team tag was a lot of fun and was really well booked. Everyone seemed on form.

The main event? Well apart from the awful curb stomp on Cena (not sure who we blame for that one, so I guess we blame Cena) the match was very good top to bottom. A career high performance from Dolph. Little to no Cena. It had great swerves and kept me guessing, making me doubt more than once that the authority were going to lose.

I'm not sure *why* Anderson didn't just count as Sting was coming down the ramp, but I can overlook it given the moment.

And seeing Steph break down... as ever Steph is absolute gold as a heel. I won't be missing RAW tomorrow night for the world. Hopefully three weeks is a short enough turnaround for them not to have completely fucked everything up by TLC.

So tomorrow Larry the Cable Guy and Sting get into some shenanigans? Like Sting walks into the bathroom and Larry is using his black bat as a plunger? Then when Sting takes his bat back Larry quips "well that's gotta sting".

RBH

As a giant WCW fan.........it also felt like closure to finally see Sting in a WWE ring.

I know some people might not be happy since Sting was the last big guy to never appear on WWE TV........but damn it, he deserves to be on the biggest stage and have a match at Wrestlemania, even at this point in his career, after all of the shit he's had to endure since 1999.

As a giant WCW fan.........it also felt like closure to finally see Sting in a WWE ring.

I know some people might not be happy since Sting was the last big guy to never appear on WWE TV........but damn it, he deserves to be on the biggest stage and have a match at Wrestlemania, even at this point in his career, after all of the shit he's had to endure since 1999.

If it's what needs to happen for him to be in the hall of fame, then one more match, and the his first in the WWE makes a lot of sense. I guess we'll see Triple H in the trunks for the next few months too, back to being a wrestler if he wants to be involved. That could be a fun storyline.

#mark #mark #mark #mark

Sting deserves his moment in the sun. I hope he has a couple of solid matches before an incredibly elaborate induction. He's Undertaker tier and should be honored as such.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Yeah, and if they're just going to throw random matches into the middle of the PPV, it might as well have been Cesaro/Swagger.

Don't quote me yet Bowser, its too soon, I'm still legit shook after Thursday night. My soul got done broked.

At night....when its dark....all I see are chrome helmets comin to git me.

Top Bottom