• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Omega

Banned
if wwe was smart with TRYING to market the network...they would have bonus matches after raw exclusive to the network. Hell even dark matches which technically is superstars.

I don't actually have a problem with what they're doing.

If this is their way of trying to get people to sub I'm fine with that, but you can't fuck this up. Anything other than Rusev winning clean means this was pointless. "Oh cool, 3 hours of pointless shit wasn't enough. Let me pay $10 a month to watch more pointless shit after the show!" isn't a strong selling point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
...Why doesn't anyone get that Lana hired Russev to fight for Mother Russia? They pretty much spelled it out right before they started the whole Putin gimmick months ago.

He's like one of those Cuban baseball defectors or a decent soccer player wealthy Middle Eastern countries repatriate to be on their shitty world cup teams.

Even though Rusev should just win that useless hunk of metal everyone knows it will be a DQ finish. I'm sure that will net a million sbscribers

...Why doesn't anyone get that Lana hired Russev to fight for Mother Russia? They pretty much spelled it out right before they started the whole Putin gimmick months ago.

He's like one of those Cuban baseball defectors or a decent soccer player wealthy Middle Eastern countries repatriate to be on their shitty world cup teams.

WWE Audience too dumb to look at that Bulgarian tattoo on his arm and go 'Oh' they probably think it's the new Brahma Bull.

strobogo

Banned
It started out with aspirations and allusions to Alexander the Great. I think they should bring back a first name. Either Vladimir or Ivan. Bring back the hammer and sickle flag. Go all in. Full 80s cold war heel.

gurudyne

If this was NXT I could buy it, but RAW's writing lacks the subtlety for something like that. Rusev's from Eastern Europe, so he's the most Russian Russian ever to vodka a Cossack dance, comrade. Until they need him not to be, then he was never Russian and was always (whatever bullshit turns up after spinning the gimmick roulette wheel).

It started out with aspirations and allusions to Alexander the Great. I think they should bring back a first name. Either Vladimir or Ivan. Bring back the hammer and sickle flag. Go all in. Full 80s cold war heel.

I could get behind this. Over the top and cool as hell.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That is my favorite way to watch Raw.

I've been skipping even that recently. Took a month off of Review an Impact and six weeks off from Review a Wai, which I caught up on this weekend.

I'm definitely glad I skipped RAW entirely last PPV cycle though as I ended up mostly enjoying the card.

I've been skipping even that recently. Took a month off of Review an Impact and six weeks off from Review a Wai, which I caught up on this weekend.

I'm definitely glad I skipped RAW entirely last PPV cycle though as I ended up mostly enjoying the card.

Review a Raw is so fucking good. Especially when Raw is really shitty.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If this was NXT I could buy it, but RAW's writing lacks the subtlety for something like that. Rusev's from Eastern Europe, so he's the most Russian Russian ever to vodka a Cossack dance, comrade. Until they need him not to be, then he was never Russian and was always (whatever bullshit turns up after spinning the gimmick roulette wheel).

...He's still called the Bulgarian Bruiser. This isn't subtle at all. A month after it he got that medal for services. He's been a hired goon this whole time.

It's just that even when they spelled it out people still think this is a dumb Kofi Kingston type thing where they make the guy from one country and then one day go back on it while still keeping the Jamaican trappings. It's the people who are mistaken here, not the WWE.

I have a feeling we're in for a very special raw tonight.

I'm watching Raw tonight!

I ain't working y'all, this is a completely worked out shoot.

WWE-Monday-Night-Raw-Recap-Review-2413-Marks-2.gif

Top Bottom