• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

At this point we haven't heard anything officially from WWE regarding the U.K. launch. Unofficially, we were told that the web site people were told to take all mentions of the delay off all social media sites as well as the main web site. As of when we were told, it was taken off Facebook and the main web site but the tweet was still up.

So they delay it, and now they are going to try to hide everything about the delay and probably say nothing? Yep, sounds like WWE.

strobogo

Banned
who even said that?

It's a show exclusive to one provider on a channel almost no one has heard of. I feel like you're pulling a gaming side move and making shit up. At least I would hope no one seriously thought WWE would consider this competition.

I'm not making it up. Someone in here asked that question. I just can't find it. It's in here, though.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder what Jack Tunney used to pick Hulk as the number one contender for the WWF Championship at Wrestlemania. He won the title by questionable means, which would lead to the title being vacated. He wasn't even the second to last guy to get eliminated from the Rumble. He was 26th eliminated. He had no claim for a title shot at WM. Sid was right. Jack Tunney was BOGUS.

2 more hours until raw starts

4ix6U5z.gif

Xater

Watched Lucha Underground because I was told on twitter to do so. Have to say I liked it. It's slightly overproduced with their weird overhead angle and stuff but overall it works. I guess they are trying to go more for a TV show feel and why should't they? In fact I thought those film like promos in-between matches were pretty awesome. Well done and they perfectly progressed the story and introduced characters. Other promotions could learn from that. The in ring performances overall was mixed. They had a good main event, but the rest was meh. Chavo probably could have done better, he had some good moments in his match, but it seems like the Blue Demon dude was totally holding him back. I will most likely watch another episode of this.

Edit: forgot to mention the commentary. Strike worked well as the play by play guy. Vampire was pretty bad though as color commentator. He might as well have not been there the little he contributed.

The worked Grado beatdown with everyone cheering Sha on on Bootcamp was a bit wierd.

On a brighter note, Progress's January show sold out of seats in less than a half hour.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How come Matt Hardy V 1.0 was called Matt Harty V 1.0? I get they were trying to do the internet thing, but 2.0 would have worked on more levels. It'd be a reference to web 2.0, and it would be like 'Matt Hardy is new and improved!'

Matt Hardy v 1.0 just makes me think it's the basic Matt Hardy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How come Matt Hardy V 1.0 was called Matt Harty V 1.0? I get they were trying to do the internet thing, but 2.0 would have worked on more levels. It'd be a reference to web 2.0, and it would be like 'Matt Hardy is new and improved!'

It predates Web 2.0 by a fair bit.

He never upgraded. That's why he's always been shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But either way he should have been 2.0 from the start. Like, 'I'm better now because I don't have that druggy with me.' Don't make no sense.

It's like if Super Strong Machine went heel and then he was just Strong Machine. Ya went backwards or you made no progress at all.

Anth0ny

0AB9bgU.png

After Raw? Guess putting title matches on the network is a way of getting subs.

oh god

they're really going to start with this shit, huh. taking good matches off raw (or in this case... what could potentially be a big, PPV match) and putting them exclusively on the network. on the fucking POST SHOW.

Aiii

So not worth it
They're learning. When they announced the Raw post show I always thought it would be perfect for an every now and then "WE'RE OUTTA TIME SEE YOU ON THE NETWORK!"

Exactly, I'm amazed they haven't done this yet, though I guess they were waiting on the UK (which they then delayed) since it would probably piss off too many viewers there.

Poor Canadians though, poor poor Canadians.

Xater

oh god

they're really going to start with this shit, huh. taking good matches off raw (or in this case... what could potentially be a big, PPV match) and putting them exclusively on the network. on the fucking POST SHOW.

Which by the way technically a lot of people including me can't see.

On the other hand I also don#t give a shit what happens to the US title or anything Rusev.

oh god

Only a matter of time before they end up like TNA where they put bullshit finishes on PPV only to give away World Title changes on Raw (post-show).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Matt still looks fat and gassed to me.

You obviously haven't seen real Fatt Hardy if you think he still looks fat. He's not in perfect shape but he's way better and getting better all the time.

He did really well in ROH and now even in TNA.

Marvel

could never
You obviously haven't seen real Fatt Hardy if you think he still looks fat. He's not in perfect shape but he's way better and getting better all the time.

He did really well in ROH and now even in TNA.
Just Googled his 1st TNA run to jog my memory, he has indeed improved. First time I've watched TNA in years.

Rumor of Sky Sports WWE channel being reason for "delay". fuuuuck that

I think what happened was WWE went to Sky and said they wanted to do a TV channel, and Sky told them no. Then WWE said "Alright, we'll just launch it like everywhere else and completely cannabalize your business by showing PPVs for cheap. And this month it's free!" Then Sky panicked and caved in.

Top Bottom