• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

I think what happened was WWE went to Sky and said they wanted to do a TV channel, and Sky told them no. Then WWE said "Alright, we'll just launch it like everywhere else and completely cannabalize your business by showing PPVs for cheap. And this month it's free!" Then Sky panicked and caved in.

If I wanted Sky to watch wrestling, I'd have done it already for Raw ffs

jred2k

"The Lucha Underground television show produced roughly 8,000 viewers for El Rey Network on Wednesday."

Most watched show ever on El Rey.

who even said that?

It's a show exclusive to one provider on a channel almost no one has heard of. I feel like you're pulling a gaming side move and making shit up. At least I would hope no one seriously thought WWE would consider this competition.

Yeah no rational human being could think that. You'd have to be completely out of touch to...

So, do you guys see any scenario where Vince actually starts worrying about Lucha Underground eating into his marketshare? What would have to happen for this to take place?

Oh wait.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
You know, I don't see why WWE shouldn't make an agreement with Sky so they could have their network On Demand for Skyboxes. Because we all know that once the network does indeed launch over here, it'll be heavily lacking in content.

Also, I found my new favourite Vince gif.

3ln4KBN.gif

Omega

Banned
1. One person =/= people

2. He didn't bring up LU being competition as an eventuality. It was a hypothetical question

Actually I'm getting Brian Blessed vibes from Bray in that poster. 2jolly

"Brian's alive!?"

---

I wish the time between the UK and the US changing the clocks was longer, I miss the good week where I don't have to stay up as late to watch Raw. I probably should just go to bed.

Alucard

Banned
Fucking lol. After the FIRST episode people in here were talking about how long it takes until WWE takes it seriously as a threat. 8K. More people watch WWE Countdown.

Hey man, I was just asking if you see any scenario where the WWE takes it seriously. Was just wondering, and I had no clue about how many people actually get/watch El Rey at that time. Seems much smaller time than I thought given the numbers that have come out, but it's cool that it's the most popular show ever on El Rey.

I put the question out there because I really enjoyed the first episode and would like to see Vince get a little scared again. Doesn't seem like Lucha Underground is going to be the show/promotion to do that. At least, not as long as it stays on such a niche network.

bigspud

Neo Member
You know, I don't see why WWE shouldn't make an agreement with Sky so they could have their network On Demand for Skyboxes. Because we all know that once the network does indeed launch over here, it'll be heavily lacking in content.

But that only works if you have / can get Sky. That way it's just another walled-off Murdoch service.

I'm sure everyone far and wide are getting their $9.99 ready so they can watch She Mouse and the Russian Muffin Man duke it out for a jobber title.

Come on, brehs.

strobogo

Banned
Hey man, I was just asking if you see any scenario where the WWE takes it seriously. Was just wondering, and I had no clue about how many people actually get/watch El Rey at that time. Seems much smaller time than I thought given the numbers that have come out, but it's cool that it's the most popular show ever on El Rey.

I put the question out there because I really enjoyed the first episode and would like to see Vince get a little scared again. Doesn't seem like Lucha Underground is going to be the show/promotion to do that. At least, not as long as it stays on such a niche network.

ib1hEMMCsgdNCw.gif

That's probably the most naturally exciting match tonight too, simply due to what the title is and who's trying to win it. :\ I don't understand wrestling anymore, it just makes me frustrated.

Omega

Banned
That's probably the most naturally exciting match tonight too, simply due to what the title is and who's trying to win it. :\ I don't understand wrestling anymore, it just makes me frustrated.

its not like people are missing anything

it'll just be a DQ finish

RP912

Banned
its not like people are missing anything

it'll just be a DQ finish

if wwe was smart with TRYING to market the network...they would have bonus matches after raw exclusive to the network. Hell even dark matches which technically is superstars.

MC Safety

I may have asked this already, but Alexander Rusev started out with two names and from Bulgaria. To make him more evil, they dropped a name and made him from Russia.

What if the WWE wanted to make Rusev more evil?

Would they change his hometown to Iran or maybe Hell?

strobogo

Banned
I may have asked this already, but Alexander Rusev started out with two names and from Bulgaria. To make him more evil, they dropped a name and made him from Russia.

What if the WWE wanted to make Rusev more evil?

Would they change his hometown to Iran or maybe Hell?

Rus, from the Soviet Union.

Top Bottom