• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

McNei1y

I added in the text chat as it goes - considered turning off announcer voices and doing it myself but I'm not a commentator by nature so it's kinda ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Having the chatbox in the archives was a great idea. I felt like it was happening live.

Commentary isn't a necessity. I also think Cole saying the wrestlers nicknames all stupid like is worth it.

"(high pitched) Here comes the powerbomb by... (low pitched) nightmare.

Ah, be funny to have some voiceover audio talking about the Gaffers and the weekly happening in the thread while they wrestled! I'd say I'd help, but I have no idea when this happens, and chances are it'll be happening when I'm asleep.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Commentary isn't a necessity. I also think Cole saying the wrestlers nicknames all stupid like is worth it.

"He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use"

McNei1y

"He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use" "He's putting those educated feet to good use"

"He's going for the high risk maneuver!" "Where does he think he's going?" "He's putting those educated feet to good use"

Oh and in the chat for week 2, I died at this conversation (paraphrased)

*Ithil walks out*
Mr Ithil: I used to be a Kane! (or something along those lines)
Guy 1 (soulplaya?): And now you're a Viscera. What a downfall.

jmdajr

Oh.

Terribly sorry.

But I still have no idea what Botchamania is

R-Truth-.gif

Best of Botchamania

G-Fex

"He's going for the high risk maneuver!" "Where does he think he's going?" "He's putting those educated feet to good use"

Oh and in the chat for week 2, I died at this conversation (paraphrased)

*Ithil walks out*
Mr Ithil: I used to be a Kane! (or something along those lines)
Guy 1 (soulplaya?): And now you're a Viscera. What a downfall.

Ithil is a jobber now? He used to be the biggest man.

Nobody could beat him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ithil is a jobber now? He used to be the biggest man.

Nobody could beat him.

Ithil is easily the biggest dude, vertically, on the roster.

Beef might be the biggest horizontally.

So what are the odds that any traces of El Generico as we know him would survive the NXT machine?

I have no doubt that if they debuted Generico as is, and gave him a strong enough push, that he'd get over. So, of course, WWE will repackage him into something awful. The obviously-not-Spanish-guy-pretending-to-be-Spanish shtick will probably be a stretch too far for them, so perhaps they'll just make him a Canadian luchadore. El Canuk or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have no doubt that if they debuted Generico as is, and gave him a strong enough push, that he'd get over. So, of course, WWE will repackage him into something awful. The obviously-not-Spanish-guy-pretending-to-be-Spanish shtick will probably be a stretch too far for them, so perhaps they'll just make him a Canadian luchadore. El Canuk or something.

WWE will take everything literally and just dish out a very generic wrestler.

Totally agree, though I think I'm even less confident than you are and would actually be pretty open to an El Cañuck. I fear he'll just be unmasked French Canadian, something like Pierre McKenzie. Hopefully Punk can throw as much weight as possible behind him to convince WWE to take him full package - name, brainbusters, Bouncing Souls, appearance.

tm24

Canadian luchadore might be better than current generico. El Canuck sounds like an awesome name

Anth0ny

Well kane is pretty generic

Hard to believe he got over and is still relevant today. Apparently he was supposed to just be a short term Undertaker's brother until Wrestlemania when his character was created, but then he got over as fuck.

G-Fex

Hard to believe he got over and is still relevant today. Apparently he was supposed to just be a short term Undertaker's brother until Wrestlemania when his character was created, but then he got over as fuck.

yeah but up to he got unmasked, he was a really awesome character, even if he started acting funny and self aware, he was still awesome cause he was big and had a great outfit and mask.

Now he's just boring and has a terrible mask and is in terrible angles.

BlazinAm

yeah but up to he got unmasked, he was a really awesome character, even if he started acting funny and self aware, he was still awesome cause he was big and had a great outfit and mask.

I agree with the bold.... I feel the Kane character got a shot in the arm with the Team Hell No program. i think they need a self aware/ funny/plays well with the crowd angle and Kane will be fine.

I think his mo cap data is in wwe 13, also Austin Aries.

Wasn't Aries the guy they actually used when recording the motion capture stuff for one of the games?

I know Aries did the voice work in WWE 12, may have done some motion capture. There are a bunch of indy dudes who do motion capture for video games. I think I remember Luke Gallows saying that the Foley Hell in a Cell bump that they've been using for a couple years was him.

DKehoe

I know Aries did the voice work in WWE 12, may have done some motion capture. There are a bunch of indy dudes who do motion capture for video games. I think I remember Luke Gallows saying that the Foley Hell in a Cell bump that they've been using for a couple years was him.

Looking about online just then I came across Claudio was saying he did it too.

krae_man

Oh god, some of the Best and Worst comments are gold:

“Somebody had to take AJ home. Then I noticed she was sitting on [splice] her sweet [splice] can. [splice] — o I grab her — [splice] sweet can. [splice] Oh, just thinking about [splice] her [splice] can [splice] I just wish I had he — [splice] sweet [splice] sweet [splice] s-s-sweet [splice] can.” – John Cena

"Don’t croak before the PPV, Jerry”

“Hey, Punk, I’ll think about it”

Somebody HAS to have that "NO CHANCE" gif I made handy.
QsKoZ.gif

And I still appreciate the gifs creation.

He's currently in the only worthwhile angle the company has, the tag team angle, I never thought i'd be saying that about modern WWE.

Ithil

Oh god, some of the Best and Worst comments are gold:
iVtof.jpg

So, Mr. Cena, you admit you grabbed AJ's can. What do you have to say in your defense?

tumblr_lychrktBEx1qg3fzio1_500.jpg

Mr. Cena, your silence will only incriminate you further.

kzoYx.jpg

No, Mr. Cena, don't take your anger out on me, get back, get back!

OCqFN.png

MR, MR CENANOOOOOOOOOOO!

Are you guys still playing WWE 13?

How is Universe compared to WWE 12?

Halo and COD really pulled me away. I haven't even touched it yet. Except for a handful of attitude stuff.

You can't fool me owl, there's no tag teams in the WWE

You got me, there's only guys thrown together to try and escape the jobber zone and would be main eventers held back there waiting to be called up for Cena to defeat.

But it's still better than Cena on Rock Bottom.

He's currently in the only worthwhile angle the company has, the tag team angle, I never thought i'd be saying that about modern WWE.

Top 5 current WWE RAW angles:
5. CM Punk vs CM Punk fans
4. THREE MAN BAAAAND BAYBAAAAY
3. Antonio Cesaro vs America
2. International Airstrike (I just learned they had a name, what the fuck?) vs a multitude of less talented tag teams who will all get shots before they do
1. Overly Attached Daniel Bryan

Let us take a moment to appreciate the fact that in 1984 a man named Terry Funk recorded an album that stormed the Japanese charts, and thanks to the wonders of the internet we can listen to it today in all it's glory, 28 years on;

Terry Funk - Great Texan (1984)

isBPcFd1JqUYy.jpg

From the Japanese disco beats of the titular track 'Great Texan', complete with horn section, back-up singers and an amazing bridge (where Terry soulfully croons "Sometimes I feel so sad..."), to mournful 80's ballad 'Touch Your Heart', to 'Change Your Mind', a funky tale of failed romance (in which Terry seems to impersonate the vocal styling of Kermit the Frog), to a smooth jazz tribute to Tokyo's night life in 'Roppongi' and the bizarrely rebellious 'We Like to Rock', this is a true album for the ages. Masterpiece is a word that gets thrown around lightly these days, but while this is a barely concealed attempt to cash in on Terry's soaring popularity in the 80's, with little relation to the man or the reason for his fame, like Macho Man's 'Be a Man', like Hulk Hogan's 'Hulk Rules, Terry Funk's 'Great Texan' transcends it's beginnings to become something truly special. Bravissimo, signore Funk.

Brera

Banned
Guys,

I want to join WrestleGaf!

Can someone make a Maddox avatar cos he's the best thing to happen in the 3 months I've started watching again. I stopped watching sometime after what you guys call the attitude era around when The Rock left...

Top Bottom