• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Naito has had his leg surgery, so I'm hoping he's back soon.

Needs to be. I like Karl, but there's no way they're letting him win the title. Especially not before stardust genius.

Laserfrog

Booo booo boo these people booo.
KLfN4.png

Yeah. I mean, Batista IS Asian so...he is what he is. But something about those eyebrows and that white beard...

I see what you mean, he looks like a proper old-school kung fu movie villain. I love it! If he ever comes back to wrestling, that should be his gimmick; kung fu Tensai.

Dragonzord said:
So Naito has had his leg surgery, so I'm hoping he's back soon.

Needs to be. I like Karl, but there's no way they're letting him win the title. Especially not before stardust genius.

He'll probably be back towards the end of February or early March, and yeah, Karl's not getting a run with the main title anytime soon. I'd expect him to be in line for the Intercontinental title though, after Nakamura's had his run. I'm expecting Okada to beat Tanahashi at the Dome, and then at some point feud with Nakamura over leadership of CHAOS. Not sure where Naito figures into things, but a feud with Tanahashi is probably a good way to go.

Booo booo boo these people booo.

My commiserations. I know that feel :/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well there's your problem, you're applying in Britain. What a waste of time!

Honestly I do have some pals in higher-places - want me to make a call or pass your info on and see if they can make anything work? What kind of work are you trying to find?

I see what you mean, he looks like a proper old-school kung fu movie villain. I love it! If he ever comes back to wrestling, that should be his gimmick; kung fu Tensai.

Yeah he could show up in Shaolin Executioner or any of that ilk and fit right in.

I don't want to be the dude that talks about the return that isn't going to happen, but Batista could have a hell of a run coming back as "Brass Body" Dave Batista. Kinda reinvigorate his character. Not that I wouldn't love good old Douchetista, but...yknow. Keep it fresh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Probably because you talked about Lou Thesz and put them to sleep.
He'll probably be back towards the end of February or early March, and yeah, Karl's not getting a run with the main title anytime soon. I'd expect him to be in line for the Intercontinental title though, after Nakamura's had his run. I'm expecting Okada to beat Tanahashi at the Dome, and then at some point feud with Nakamura over leadership of CHAOS. Not sure where Naito figures into things, but a feud with Tanahashi is probably a good way to go.

I think Tanahashi will beat Okada. I think Naito will come back and get in a triple threat with Okada and Tanahashi and win the title there by pinning Tanahashi since he's a face who hates Tanahashi. Then I think Naito will feud with Yujiro while Okada feuds with Nakamura. Then Okada and Naito will feud. I think it's pretty clear that Naito/Okada are the new faces of the company as their new Chono/Mutoh, so they'll try to hold them off a big feud, but Okada's already gotten the title once at such a young age. It would be real lame if they started handing off the IWGP like WWE does their belts. They already do that enough with Tanahashi.

The crowds have been dying to see Naito win the title, and it kind of felt like a 'huh' moment when Okada won it over him since Naito had been fucking with Tanahashi forever. I would really like to see Naito/Suzuki.

Laserfrog

Yeah I'm used to it, doing that just makes me feel better!

Honestly I do have some pals in higher-places - want me to make a call or pass your info on and see if they can make anything work? What kind of work are you trying to find?

Just any video/multimedia job really, that was for a motion graphics job.

Probably because you talked about Lou Thesz and put them to sleep.
But that was written in my what to do in an interview book written by Lou Thesz himself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just any video/multimedia job really, that was for a motion graphics job.

Do you have an online portfolio of your creations showcasing your skill? You'll PROBABLY be better off doing it freelance for smaller studios to build up said portfolio as you grow in your techniques. I got a buddy I'd like to set you up with that does freelance work, perhaps he could provide some direction and such as well. Answer these questions! And I'll PM you info and talk to him about it too.

Laserfrog

Do you have an online portfolio of your creations showcasing your skill? You'll PROBABLY be better off doing it freelance for smaller studios to build up said portfolio as you grow in your techniques. I got a buddy I'd like to set you up with that does freelance work, perhaps he could provide some direction and such as well. Answer these questions! And I'll PM you info and talk to him about it too.

I need to sort out my online portfolio, I have plenty of skills, just need to get them displayed nicely. Some direction would be nice.

I'm gonna work on a super duper showreel.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to sort out my online portfolio, I have plenty of skills, just need to get them displayed nicely. Some direction would be nice.

Alright so here's my 'orders' for you -

Make a new youtube acct, only showcase your best work or what you're most proud of on there. No limit, just don't put up EVERYTHING you've done if there's certain things you really aren't proud of on it. Use that acct for just your online portfolio.

Then, once that is finished, let me know and I can help you out meeting a person or two. Now it's not necessarily a jobby job, but it WILL get your stuff in front of more peoples' eyes, which helps. And I'll ask for the jobby job people too but it's really hard to crack into there out of nowhere.

Laserfrog

Make a new youtube acct, only showcase your best work or what you're most proud of on there. No limit, just don't put up EVERYTHING you've done if there's certain things you really aren't proud of on it. Use that acct for just your online portfolio.

Then, once that is finished, let me know and I can help you out meeting a person or two. Now it's not necessarily a jobby job, but it WILL get your stuff in front of more peoples' eyes, which helps. And I'll ask for the jobby job people too but it's really hard to crack into there out of nowhere.

I will do this, thanks Sunflower!

Aiii

So not worth it

Dude, stop being so awesome. The standard you're setting for the rest of us is unatainable.

Before you know it people will start booing you for being to perfect for THIS THREAD™

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will do this, thanks Sunflower!

Keep me posted, PM me when you're ready and I will make all the magic I have happen. This will require YOU TALKING ON SKYPE TO ME AND OTHERS but that'll be alright.

Dude, stop being so awesome. The standard you're setting for the rest of us is unatainable.

Before you know it people will start booing you for being to perfect for THIS THREAD™

I have no idea what you are talking about, I am GIMME MY SPOTLIGHT

BihT6.jpg

I like to help when I actually can! Thanks Aiii :)

I think Tanahashi will beat Okada. I think Naito will come back and get in a triple threat with Okada and Tanahashi and win the title there by pinning Tanahashi since he's a face who hates Tanahashi. Then I think Naito will feud with Yujiro while Okada feuds with Nakamura. Then Okada and Naito will feud. I think it's pretty clear that Naito/Okada are the new faces of the company as their new Chono/Mutoh, so they'll try to hold them off a big feud, but Okada's already gotten the title once at such a young age. It would be real lame if they started handing off the IWGP like WWE does their belts. They already do that enough with Tanahashi.

I had forgot about Yujiro, he's the obvious feud for Naito's return - and although I agree that they shouldn't be hot-shotting the IWGP title too much, nobody wants another lengthy Tanahashi reign. I'd be surprised if they ever did a 3-way for the main title though, but I do like the idea of Naito being the one to beat Tanahashi.

Any match where Low Ki takes a severe beating is automatically at least 4 stars.

You'd love his match with AJ Styles from like the 4th ever ROH show - AJ totally fucks him up with this razor's edge brainbuster thingy;

i4qmddbIyB84Q.gif

strobogo

Banned
Basically what I'm getting is that Nigel lost his smile. He's fine to wrestle. So he can't get into WWE. There is still every other wrestling promotion in the world. But because WWE turned him down and he couldn't wrestle for awhile due to the hep, he just quit? He waited and waited to be able to return to wrestling and once he was able to, he said fuck it? Dude needs to find that smile.

How is the AJ/Cena thing a scandal if AJ isn't the GM anymore? That was the only scandalous part of the whole thing, but now that's been removed, so they are just two people who are dating.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You'd love his match with AJ Styles from like the 4th ever ROH show - AJ totally fucks him up with this razor's edge brainbuster thingy;

i4qmddbIyB84Q.gif

Man, I bet Low Ki tried to fight him after the show. Or even during. Great move, 4 star move!

Can't wait watch CHIKARA on Saturday.

Let's go Mr. Touchdown!

The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger will distract Touchdown, and ACH will win the Young Lion's Cup, mark my words! Either that, or the Stranger will make himself known during the crowning of the Homecoming King & Queen.

Dragonzord said:
You should really want to see him wrestle Hayato then. Hayato might legit cripple him.

I want to see Hayato wrestle lil' Hashimoto. He needs a good feud to push him over the top, and having to overcome Hayato kicking seven shades of shit out of him would make for a great feud.

Toki767

Basically what I'm getting is that Nigel lost his smile. He's fine to wrestle. So he can't get into WWE. There is still every other wrestling promotion in the world. But because WWE turned him down and he couldn't wrestle for awhile due to the hep, he just quit? He waited and waited to be able to return to wrestling and once he was able to, he said fuck it? Dude needs to find that smile.

How is the AJ/Cena thing a scandal if AJ isn't the GM anymore? That was the only scandalous part of the whole thing, but now that's been removed, so they are just two people who are dating.

It's sad what happened to Nigel, but hell, even Austin Aries was considering quitting when WWE didn't want him for Tough Enough. The sad thing is TNA used Nigel pretty badly too.

Also, I'm not sure what the AJ/Cena thing is supposed to accomplish. I mean, the way AJ's promo was scripted on Monday, she made it sound like Vickie was right and her and Cena were in fact hooking up while she was GM. Which would mean her and Cena were lying the whole time about it.

It's sad what happened to Nigel, but hell, even Austin Aries was considering quitting when WWE didn't want him for Tough Enough. The sad thing is TNA used Nigel pretty badly too.

And Nigel was the hottest wrestler in the indy scene. Sucks to see what happened to him.

Takahashi is the tokyo pimp, so he's the best place to start.
0.jpg

Duly noted.

The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger will distract Touchdown, and ACH will win the Young Lion's Cup, mark my words! Either that, or the Stranger will make himself known during the crowning of the Homecoming King & Queen.

Possibly. It makes sense! I'm just ready for some CHIKARA fun.

beanman25

Guys. Give me one random awesome match to watch. My internet will be down for an hour or so, so I want to buffer it all the way before it goes.

Anth0ny

jesus christ @ the blade jobs at survivor series 2003. Shawn was fucking oozing blood and somehow Vince managed to top him later that night. crazy.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
jesus christ @ the blade jobs at survivor series 2003. Shawn was fucking oozing blood and somehow Vince managed to top him later that night. crazy.

Kane went through glass, had his face rammed into a vehicle, and came away with a small cut on his lip.

Top Bottom