• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

fKRtZ.png

Downhome

Kane beating the shit out of Taker for three months straight in 2010, that cathartic release!
I'm just kidding because they managed to screw that up with the finish, Nexus buries Taker because they can, Taker is cool with it but later gets upset because he beat HHH so he cuts his hair while staring at newspaper clippings of the COO.

I guess CM Punk/Jeff Hardy back in 2009 was the last main event storyline in WWE at least to run the full way through without a hiccup if my memory of the events is correct. Face Punk cashes in on Jeff who only just won the title after a gruelling ladder match, Punk claims he would've cashed in on whoever won, the fans are booing him though because they all love Jeff for some reason. This sets off Punk on a slow burn heel turn, at the Bash Punk keeps the title by DQ after a bunch of screwy moments culminating in a "blinded" Punk kicking the ref in the spine, he's still technically face at this point.
The next month Jeff beats Punk clean for the WHC which prompts Punk to finally complete his heel turn by beating the hell out of Jeff on the following Smackdown. We now get grounding for Punk to start playing the Jeff Hardy is a screw up card and also play up his straight edge angle while Jeff waffles on about being extreme and living in the moment.
The feud reaches a final ppv match at SS, a TLC match in which Jeff's lust for high spots does him in once more allowing Punk to win back the title, technically it's not quite over yet with one more steel cage match on SD with that good old loser leaves stipulation that has Jeff booted out the door.
The next week Punk comes out dressed as Jeff, mocks the man and his unhealthy lifestyle and appropriately enough Jeff Hardy gets his drug supply rumbled like a week or two later, Punk vindicated, perfect ending.

Before this, Jericho and HBK had a sensible and fantastic feud, though the whole non sanctioned match stuff was stupidly booked.

Good thinking I agree that it likely was the Punk/Hardy feud, and then the Jericho/HBK feud before that. It is pretty sad that we've had such a lull for the past few years.

For TNA my pick for the last angle that truly felt important at all would just about be the original Angle/Joe series. That was what? In 2005 or 2006?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kane Battle Royale is going to be sweet. High-Tech Kane is gonna win it all!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well let's think about this.

Who would you guys consider on the roster a "pussy boy"?

Who do you guys think Vince would consider a "pussy boy"?

My guess is Jack Swagger has asked to be released.

Lets face it, he sucks.

Except he doesn't suck...oh damn when did I become half a Swagger mark?!

He's a solid wrestler, has some charisma potential but still noticeably lacking on that front, saying he sucks is an exaggeration.
Unpopular opinion time: He's easily on Ziggler's level, unfortunately by comparison to Zigs he's been handed nothing but crap to work with as of late, WWE must still be stinging from his lame title run which was of course more their fault with their shitty booking.

jmdajr

Vince probably thinks a lot of the current generation are pussy's.

Vegans, no steroids, not even over 6 foot 5...etc.

Aiii

So not worth it
Except he doesn't suck...oh damn when did I become half a Swagger mark?!

He's a solid wrestler, has some charisma potential but still noticeably lacking on that front, saying he sucks is an exaggeration.
Unpopular opinion time: He's easily on Ziggler's level, unfortunately by comparison to Zigs he's been handed nothing but crap to work with as of late, WWE must still be stinging from his lame title run which was of course more their fault with their shitty booking.

He'll be a great TNA World Champion one day.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I liked Swagger. Dude just needs someone to speak for him, a proper gimmick. He could easily run with the likes of Punk, Bryan, etc.

Aiii

So not worth it
Swagger's title run was good. It was the total lack of anything to follow it up which makes it seem like a damp squib in retrospect. The trophy promo was one of the best that year:

The All American American American did great push-up's at the top of the ramp though.

Forkball

Swagger is great in ring. He's big, but also agile with a good mix of power and technical moves. He's not the best on the mic but still better than a lot. I really hope they don't waste him. How is he being repackaged?

Mr. Sam

Swagger should have been the one that took the US belt off of Ziggler. Instead, he was the one who took it off Ryder for no fucking reason.

G-Fex

What's with the floating head avatars?

You all look like something out of those awful Blue Cross Commercials.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's with the floating head avatars?

You all look like something out of those awful Blue Cross Commercials.

#welcomebackgfex

Glad you're here to stay FOREVER

Enjoyed your stream last night! It helped me out while I worked on achievement medals for the site.

Ithil

I liked Swagger. Dude just needs someone to speak for him, a proper gimmick. He could easily run with the likes of Punk, Bryan, etc.

ic59A.gif

I'd love to see a fully repackaged Swagger who concentrates on his mat wrestling and strength over being a lame Kurt Angle repeat.

Top Bottom