• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Jitters

Skeleton CM Punk is neat.
B88nN.jpg

G-Fex

I imagine two HHH's would be like that episode of Star Trek where Kirk got split into two.

One would be Hunter's embodiment of complete rage.

The other, his DX persona of silliness

Just rewatched the Jericho/HBK ladder match, I enjoyed it more this time than I did first watching it, it's a very hard hitting example of a ladder match, less high spots, more ladder weaponry which makes sense considering the personal edge to the rivalry.

I hate watching a good match because it makes me want to play a good wrestling game and my N64 isn't setup so no No Mercy for me, oh but I can play WWE SDvsRaw2011.....but I wont.
WWE13 needs to drop in price so I don't feel bad by getting suckered in by it.

I feel like watching a great attitude era main event next, hmmm.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just rewatched the Jericho/HBK ladder match, I enjoyed it more this time than I did first watching it, it's a very hard hitting example of a ladder match, less high spots, more ladder weaponry which makes sense considering the personal edge to the rivalry.

I hate watching a good match because it makes me want to play a good wrestling game and my N64 isn't setup so no No Mercy for me, oh but I can play WWE SDvsRaw2011.....but I wont.
WWE13 needs to drop in price so I don't feel bad by getting suckered in by it.

I feel like watching a great attitude era main event next, hmmm.

For what it's worth, you're in WWE13 already. Trying to rep a good amount of regular posters. Should use the Wall of Shame for priorities.

Great OP

But I protest the MVP..Should of been SunHi( Sorry Sunflower). Gave us the best gifs....SoulPlaya approves one of them.,....lol :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great OP

But I protest the MVP..Should of been SunHi( Sorry Sunflower). Gave us the best gifs....SoulPlaya approves one of them.,....lol :)

Oh I'll agree, I definitely didn't deserve it when many other people here go far and beyond anything I contribute with.

Batista's Dick for MVP pls.

B-Dex

So after getting WWE 13 yesterday. (My CAW won the US Championship already, snatching it from Santino. Who supposedly interfered with my #1 contender's match the RAW b4 The PPV that I won. But all he did was come out after and congratulate me? It was weird)

I watched this weeks RAW.

Keep in mind I haven't watched wrestling in YEARS. Like sometime after attitude era was ending. (Before Cena showed up) Already can't stand Ryback. Reminds me of Goldberg. And what is up with Vickie Guerrero? She can't even pretend to act. Otherwise I enjoyed what I saw.

Think I actually prefer CM Punk over Foley's tired old ass. Although I did kinda dig Mankind back in the day.

Coming back and checking it out has been a huge nostalgia trip for me. Especially since I remember watching all of these "Attitude Era" matches live. Reliving that Shawn Michaels Taker HitC was pretty awesome.

Also I was at Rock Bottom and got to see the Stone Cold Taker buried alive match. The PPV was in Vancouver. Had awesome seats. Was between the ring and where the burial plot was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So after getting WWE 13 yesterday. (My CAW won the US Championship already, snatching it from Santino. Who supposedly interfered with my #1 contender's match the RAW b4 The PPV that I won. But all he did was come out after and congratulate me? It was weird)

Keep in mind I haven't watched wrestling in YEARS. Like sometime after attitude era was ending. (Before Cena showed up) Already can't stand Ryback. Reminds me of Goldberg. And what is up with Vickie Guerrero? She can't even pretend to act. Otherwise I enjoyed what I saw.

Think I actually prefer CM Punk over Foley's tired old ass. Although I did kinda dig Mankind back in the day.

Coming back and checking it out has been a huge nostalgia trip for me. Especially since I remember watching all of these "Attitude Era" matches live. Reliving that Shawn Michaels Taker HitC was pretty awesome.

Also I was at Rock Bottom and got to see the Stone Cold Taker buried alive match. The PPV was in Vancouver. Had awesome seats. Was between the ring and where the burial plot was.

Good to see you in here! You should post more!

So, tell us more about what you liked and didn't like about Raw - and also, if you get the chance, check out NXT - and let us know what you think of that. Definitely a superior WWE show!

Oh I'll agree, I definitely didn't deserve it when many other people here go far and beyond anything I contribute with.

Batista's Dick for MVP pls.

Congrats on the MVP..

Just messing with you...

E: Also on the OP showed wrestling this weekend. Are they still going on with the show?

For what it's worth, you're in WWE13 already. Trying to rep a good amount of regular posters. Should use the Wall of Shame for priorities.
Awesome, I stress the desire for a mask, if I don't have one then my face gets disfigured Rhodes style somewhere down the line.

Breast cancer only exists in October, wearing pink now would make Cena one of the gays.

Can't give Rocky that ammunition when WM season rolls around, or maybe he'll just smirk it off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, I stress the desire for a mask, if I don't have one then my face gets disfigured Rhodes style somewhere down the line.

You look like your avatar. Get used to it. Give a hoot, don't pollute.

McNei1y

Unfortunately you had to watch particular show where things are so stupid and random. Like these:

1) Vickie. I actually enjoy Vickie's character but only when she's just doing her "Excuse Me" nonsense (she yells that phrase out in an annoying high pitched voice where she then gets tons of heat). She was good with Ziggler for the past few months but again, she should've been with someone like Jack Swagger who needed the help. Ziggler can handle his own character. Anyway, you seeing her do this nonsense for the first time with Cena/AJ and trying to act important is just brutal. Her voice and acting skills are short of good so I can understand why you would be turned off from her character immediately.

2) John Cena / AJ storyline. It's dumb. It took up too much of the time on the show. I don't understand why THIS is where the buck stops when a wrestler and a person of power (AJ was GM) 'fraternizing' and give each other 'googly eyes'. It's stupid. Plus, Cena kills every character. Hopefully that doesn't happen to AJ since she's purdy and a good wrestler.

3) Ryback is obviously horrible. The guy botches moves, looks MUCH stronger than he actually is, and can't speak on the mic worth a damn. He's a fake Goldberg who's expected to garner the Goldberg marks, but he's really nothing like him. He just has a great - as Jericho would put it - catch phrase in "feed me more". However, I actually like Ryback. He's something new and interesting that has been placed in the main event role. It's something we've needed. The whole Cena/Punk/Big Show/etc angles have been horrible. I'm still excited to see where his character will go since it's all unexpected now. I also think he could become a good wrestler in time.

I hope you aren't turned off by certain things from the first view. You did get to see some good tag matches, and the best wrestler ON the show currently (Daniel Bryan).

B-Dex

I hope you aren't turned off by certain things from the first view. You did get to see some good tag matches, and the best wrestler ON the show currently (Daniel Bryan).

I saw the circle jerk he gets in this thread but I didn't get why after watching RAW to be honest. I do find it funny he looks almost dwarfish compared to Kane though.

ALSO, I lived through "The Corporation" and The Rock's reign. I can handle any crap storylines they dish out. (Hated the Rock, but I was a Stone Cold fan back in the day anyways)

McNei1y

I saw the circle jerk he gets in this thread but I didn't get why after watching RAW to be honest. I do find it funny he looks almost dwarfish compared to Kane though.

ALSO, I lived through "The Corporation" and The Rock's reign. I can handle any crap storylines they dish out. (Hated the Rock, but I was a Stone Cold fan back in the day anyways)

Aw man you missed A LOT of Daniel Bryan action from this year. If you had witnessed all of it, I'd like to think you would understand (or join in on) the obsession. His in ring work is fantastic, he's amazing on the mic, he got over himself, and he's versatile. He's the best talent they have currently.

For us internet people, we've been watching Bryan wrestle for 10 years. To see the passion he has for wrestling and to see where he is at now just makes us love him even more.

NoDQ.com said:
WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of Brad Armstrong, 51, one of four sons of “Bullet” Bob Armstrong. Brad Armstrong last participated in the ring for the ECW brand in 2006. WWE understands that Brad saw his physician last week for a medical issue and was found unresponsive this morning. WWE extends its sincerest condolences to the entire Armstrong family.
I don't know too much about Brad, but I do remember him doing commentary for a little while in WWECW. RIP.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are you making me? I think I'm about to debut a new mask, I sort of hate how green this avatar looks.

Not made you yet, but if you plan on switching avatars, the sooner the better. But I do like your current avatar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, watching Ladder Match 2 at lunch, finished the Team Angle (Haas and Benjamin) vs Eddie Guerrero and Tajiri, and man, that's a good ass match. Everyone busted their asses.

G-Fex

I can't wait to see robo-future Kane beat all the other Kanes into some pulpy mess. Also I look just like my avatar.

Sounds like a good idea.

Especially since HHH is already part cyborg, and John Cena is a robotic Prototype

I think i'll play Attitude Era tonight

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to see robo-future Kane beat all the other Kanes into some pulpy mess. Also I look just like my avatar.

You're going to have a Thesz Towel.

FYI those of you wanting in, there's no way I'll be able to get EVERYONE in on the first episode. And another thing - you have 0 say in your representation. I ain't doin no backstage politix!

Downhome

Wow, I really hate to hear that about Brad Armstrong. I was a huge fan of his back in the day. He was up near the top of my favorites of the guys on that level back then. It's a shame he was never truly able to break out of that slot. RIP!

it was always far more interesting to me seeing Bret Hart, Angle, Benoit, and friends doing what they do in the ring. Especially now when a german suplex is a rarity.

Oh I totally agree with you, especially in the bolded names. The issue is that there is more to being a technically sound wrestler than suplexes and submissions, but because the guys who popularized the term all used them people started to equate their movesets with "technical wrestling".

For my money the best technical wrestlers in the company are William Regal, Tyson Kidd, and Daniel Bryan - in that order.

Top Bottom