• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Chris Jericho (c) vs. William Regal - ***

Tazz & The APA (Bradshaw & Faarooq) (w/Jacqueline) vs. The Right To Censor (Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather & Val Venis) (w/Steven Richards) - *

Raven (c) vs. Kane vs. The Big Show - **1/2

Test (c) vs. Eddie Guerrero (w/Perry Saturn) - **1/4

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle - ****

Ivory (c) vs. Chyna - 0 fucking stars

Shane McMahon vs. Vince McMahon (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) - ***1/2

The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray Dudley & D-Von Dudley) (c) vs. Christian & Edge vs. The Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy) - ****1/2

Repo Man and some other guys - **

The Undertaker vs. Triple H - ***1/2

The Rock (c) vs. Steve Austin - ****3/4

Basically, I think we wildly diverge on the last half of the show. TLC still holds up today as one of the craziest ladder matches. It's non-stop spots with really 9 competitors and as far as I can recall, only has one blown spot (Jeff trying to walk across ladders). The main event is one of my favorite matches; the two top faces of the attitude era doing whatever they can to win, and the paranoid Austin joining forces with McMahon to protect his spot after losing to Triple H the month before. If the heel turn happened a year later in Toronto, I think people would look upon that moment much more fondly.

And Vince getting his ass kicked appeals to my trailer park sensibilities.

Balor is being advertised for Roadblock next month. I wonder if it'll just be him cutting a promo about how he'll be returning in the Rumble. Him actually returning to the ring that soon would be some Cena-level mutant shit.

Catching up on RAW. How long until crowds get bored of E&C doing the same shit every week?

I mean it still works for the NAO when they show up, so who knows.

Sephzilla

Catching up on RAW. How long until crowds get bored of E&C doing the same shit every week?

I read your E&C as Edge and Christian and then got sad when I realized it wasn't.

5 seconds poses reek of awesometude. E&C will never be boring.

I read this as Edge & Christian, too :(

On that note - Edge and Christian were one of those anomalies where they did the same shit every week and somehow got more and more over as time went on.

Hasney

I read this as Edge & Christian, too :(

On that note - Edge and Christian were one of those anomalies where they did the same shit every week and somehow got more and more over as time went on.

They kept tweaking it, like the fat Elvis's and adding Rhyno and Kurt. Plus they were the most creative in getting out of tag matches like the fake puking or Los Conquistadors

https://twitter.com/itsvadertime/status/796062492313190401

Which one of you caused Vader's car to go full gimmicky and flip out on him?

tumblr_o2vnviWg831sbzhteo1_400.gif

Kaladin

So it looks like I'm canceling Vue and going back to Sling TV for the time being, I don't like not having the Viacom networks and I can get everything we'd want on Sling.....plus LUCHA!

It won't be MOTW, but I think Goldberg/Lesnar will be much better than expected. Kind of like how Undertaker/Lesnar at summerslam was damn good until the clusterfuck ending.

Eh, Goldberg looked blown up doing just a Jackhammer and Spear.

I'm dreading to think what he'll look like if that match goes over ten minutes.

Eh, Goldberg looked blown up doing just a Jackhammer and Spear.

I'm dreading to think what he'll look like if that match goes over ten minutes.
People always say the Undertaker looked blown up after that pull-away brawl too.

I think if the crowd is super hot for it, they can easily have a good match just by following the same format as Taker/Lesnar, and that's not that physically taxing of a match to pull off. If the crowd craps on it, it could get ugly though.

somedevil

Survivor Series Spoiler:

Corbin off the survivor series team. He was going to face Kalisto in a match and attacked him before the bell but then injured his ankle which Kalisto attacked to get back at him for injuring him

So most likely the new member
will be the Miz.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still have no idea how they're planning to fill the Survivor Series card for 4 hours.

They only have 5 matches and virtually every relevant character is already tied up in a match. Even Sami Zayn. Rusev is the only regular midcarder that doesn't have anything going on as far as I can tell. Well, I mean other than the Cruiserweights (lol).

Spoilers for the women's match.

Becky retained via submission but Alexa's foot was on the rope. Feud will likely continue to TLC. Would have preferred Becky's first big defense to have been a clean win.

somedevil

Another Survivor Series match with consequences on whoever wins:

TitanTron ‏@TronTitan 2m2 minutes ago
Breaking! @mrbriankendrick will face SmackDown Live's @KalistoWWE at #SurvivorSeries and if he loses the Cruiserweight division goes to SD!

Hope this tweet is true.

I still have no idea how they're planning to fill the Survivor Series card for 4 hours.

They only have 5 matches and virtually every relevant character is already tied up in a match. Even Sami Zayn. Rusev is the only regular midcarder that doesn't have anything going on as far as I can tell. Well, I mean other than the Cruiserweights (lol).
Between entrances and the matches themselves, they're gonna kill an hour each on the tag and men's survivor series match, easily.

Raw or sd, it'll still be trash.
Such a nasty blueman.

They can add jobber team matches. Also possibly a cruiserweight team match. I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Get to see Yuji Nagata wrestle in a couple of days...there's some other stuff as well. ZSJ vs Shibata, Hero vs Ishii, Hero vs Shibata, LDRS vs Los Ingobernables, but I'm honestly most excited about Nagata. He's got some great matches lined up (vs Pete Dunne and then vs Trent Seven), likely as he was a late replacement for Elgin, really can't wait.

Anyone else going to either night of Global Wars UK?

Kaladin

There's all this shit about voting selfies and taking pictures of your votes being illegal, but I see no one making a move to arrest the celebrities who do it.

Top Bottom