• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

I've been posting on gaf for 7 years
I've been reading gaf for well over 10

I still don't know what the hell the avatar rumble is. Someone lay some knowledge on me

Sephzilla

One of these years a fucking Uso is going to win, I dread it

I've been posting on gaf for 7 years
I've been reading gaf for well over 10

I still don't know what the hell the avatar rumble is. Someone lay some knowledge on me

30 people (or 40) enter the name of a wrestler into a Royal Rumble that's ran on WWE2kXX. Everyone has to then have an avatar of that Royal Rumble winner from then until (I think) WrestleMania

imBask

Banned
He doesn't even have a contract, he just shows up

that'd be a decent gimmick for the new brand split, someone who just shows up and books himself into matches

but Steph would never let anyone bypass he power unless he accepts to be emasculated every week

Sunny should do it if he's up for it, otherwise I'll happily do it again.

I was considering something flippy based and high stakes for Flipvember, any interest?

vClOGk5.gif
Edit Roman's moveset to that of a Cruiserweight and you've got my vote.

that'd be a decent gimmick for the new brand split, someone who just shows up and books himself into matches

but Steph would never let anyone bypass he power unless he accepts to be emasculated every week

they pretty much did that gimmick with heath.

And it was great and got him super over. It worked because heath concentrated on smackdown so had little interaction with steph

imBask

Banned
they pretty much did that gimmick with heath.

And it was great and got him super over. It worked because heath concentrated on smackdown so had little interaction with steph

well Heath was the "free agent"

i'm talking about some monster dude who just shows up to beat people every week, rings the bell himself, etc

well Heath was the "free agent"

i'm talking about some monster dude who just shows up to beat people every week, rings the bell himself, etc

Oh I see. But that wouldn't so much be a case of steph having to hold back from her weekly castration duties. It would make the gm's and commissioners look like total geeks unless you got someone who seemed legit terrifying.

Mark Henry could have pulled it off. He scared the crap out of teddy long in the hall of pain and it came off as super authentic. Maybe Joe could do it. Be sick of not being drafted

Bronx-Man

Banned
Looking back, it was pretty bullshit how most of us just switched to Alex Wright avi's instead of Berlyn. Like someone said, it's like if Willow won and we all switched to generic Jeff Hardy avatars.

Heath and Rhyno is honestly the best told story I can remember WWE booking since.....Bryan at WM30?

And Bryan was unplanned and they fought against it all the way.

I can't think of the last time they got a babyface over on purpose on the main roster as well as Heath. It's been years for sure.

jmdajr

You know....

Cena is like, one of the few Heroes in and out of the ring.

Most of them (heroes) always turn out to be trash.

We should appreciate him.

Sephzilla

Looking back, it was pretty bullshit how most of us just switched to Alex Wright avi's instead of Berlyn. Like someone said, it's like if Willow won and we all switched to generic Jeff Hardy avatars.

I think the logic behind that was that there just weren't enough Berlyn images to make unique avatars, lol.

I'm trying to think of some more stupid entries for the next Avatar Rumble;
-- David Arquette
-- Vince Russo
-- Stephen Amell
-- Laurence Taylor
-- X-Pac
-- Man Mountain Rock
-- Phantasio

And Archibald Peck.

Oh shit I forgot about Archibald Peck! I think that was back when I lurked more than posted. I remember everyone being fucking shook about that win.

imBask

Banned
Mark Henry wouldn't scare my 140lb ass, I know I just have to breath on him and his knee/back will explode in pieces. Fucking sawft money syphoning "wrestler"

Zach

Lord Jesus. Walking the dog. Come up to the house with the Trump flag flying and Hummer in the driveway. But today there's a twist. The guy is doing something in his garage. And Kid Rock is blaring out that mother!

I should probably ask if he's a wrestling fan...

imBask

Banned
Lord Jesus. Walking the dog. Come up to the house with the Trump flag flying and Hummer in the driveway. But today there's a twist. The guy is doing something in his garage. And Kid Rock is blaring out that mother!

cmon now you already know the answer

I think the logic behind that was that there just weren't enough Berlyn images to make unique avatars, lol.

I'm trying to think of some more stupid entries for the next Avatar Rumble;
-- David Arquette
-- Vince Russo
-- Stephen Amell
-- Laurence Taylor
-- X-Pac
-- Man Mountain Rock
-- Phantasio
I have it on good authority that you're gonna be dealing with the X-Factor for these comments, friend Seph.

I can't believe Sephzilla rejected my offer to be on my GAF Survivor Series team. Baron Corbin looking motherfucker. THAT'S IT. SEPH, YOU'RE OUT. ITHIL, YOU'RE IN.

Sephzilla

Last year I think we soft-banned Hulk Hogan from the Avatar Rumble, wonder if that should happen again this year

I can't believe Sephzilla rejected my offer to be on my GAF Survivor Series team. Baron Corbin looking motherfucker. THAT'S IT. SEPH, YOU'RE OUT. ITHIL, YOU'RE IN.

Beef, c'mon. Everyone knows there's more draw with us being on opposing sides instead of on a team!

Bronx-Man

Banned
If we count every gimmick as a different person, who has the highest percentage of winning an Avatar Rumble? Nash? Kane? Foley?
Gotta be Nash.

Fuck Nashvember. 2017: The Year of Nash, baybay!

Probably a CZW fan tbh

Zach

Ask him if he thinks Booker T should've won at WM19
I seriously would ask him if he's a fan if I didn't prefer to take the street to the park. It'd just be too awkward in the future.

Also, Jesus Christ, who flies a Trump flag above their house?

I was half distracted but what in the world was the point of Nakamura beating up all the security guards? To intimidate Joe, I guess? Doesn't really make sense from a babyface perspective IMO.

Top Bottom