• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Zach

Fun fact: I have no impression of Heroman. I don't know how. I recognize the avatar.

Hit me with an all-time Fave Five.

Heroman

Banned
Fun fact: I have no impression of Heroman. I don't know how. I recognize the avatar.

Hit me with an all-time Fave Five.
I been carrying this thread for the past two years and you got no impression of me?
Z36zX7X.gif

Fave Five
Shawn Micheals
Daniel Bryan
Kenta kobashi
Minoru Suzuki
Hiroshi Tanahashi

Zach

What you trying to say friend?
Shawn Michaels: Generic pick (and that's fine) so it doesn't stand out. One of the worst promos of all-time.
Daniel Bryan: Barely seen anything.
Three bums: I recognize one or two of the names maybe, I dunno.

Not really criticizing. Just makes sense that you don't stand out, I guess. To me. I'm sure there are plenty of posters who stand and applaud for all of your like-minded posts.

imBask

Banned
Survivor Series 93

Ramon, Savage, Jannetty, 123kid vs IRS, Diesel, Martel, Bomb : B
HBK and some goons vs Bret, Owen and lol : C-
The Heavenly Bodies vs Rock N Roll Express : D
Four Doinks vs Bigelow, Bastion Booger, Headshrinkers : F
All Americans vs Foreign Fanatics : B

Average : C

Heroman

Banned
Shawn Michaels: Generic pick (and that's fine) so it doesn't stand out. One of the worst promos of all-time.

Not really criticizing. Just makes sense that you don't stand out, I guess. To me. I'm sure there are plenty of posters who stand and applaud for all of your like-minded posts.
That is great coming from a man who gave WM 2000 a D.

image.php

...fucksake Zach. Watch some goddamn Kenta Kobashi.

Actually, that goes for everyone. All of you, watch some goddamn Kenta Kobashi. Go;

vs Stan Hansen; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDBnF-vLp0U

vs Steve Williams; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VokEiUO1IBs

vs Mitsuharu Misawa; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARcmU_oTO6k

vs Yoshihiro Takayama; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ziw-wv9aU

vs Kensuke Sasaki; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAIWOBVL2AE

Zach

imbask, what would you grade WrestleMania 2000? And if you haven't seen it, I request you watch it after your F Journey.

imBask

Banned
imbask, what would you grade WrestleMania 2000? And if you haven't seen it, I request you watch it after your F Journey.

I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I plan on it because there's no way a PPV with HHH and The Rock in the main event can be anything below a B

imBask

Banned
as for Survivor Series 93

the first and last match carried the PPV because there was a rough ROUGH spot in the middle there... that bigelow match was absolute dog shit, I wanna keep my F's to matches that just don't belong in a wrestling ring and that was one of them

Mahonay

Banned
Never read this until now. A Reddit post from a couple years ago about a guy's psychedelic mushroom experience at a WWE Live event. It's the most I've laughed in the past few days.

At around a quarter to seven PM, I took about two grams of psilocybe cubensis mushrooms with another redditor at an undisclosed location. We then took the #135 bus deep into east Vancouver to see WWE live at the Agrodome.

When I bought my tickets, my plan was to invite a random from OKCupid to come with me as a date because I thought it would be hilarious and awkward and a really great way to freak out a 'normal'. Those plans fell through at the last minute, specifically when the random clued in that I was trying to take them to wrestling, so I turned to my friend who's not a fan of wrestling and asked if he would like to take drugs and go see WWE with me.

'That sounds like the premise for a VICE article,' he said. I agreed and we both decided that it would be a really good idea and totally not at all irresponsible or dangerous. I spent the afternoon prepping him, mostly by watching Big E. Langston's Instagram videos.

The effects hit me strong when we get off the bus at Hastings and Renfrew. The mild stomach discomfort becomes a peculiar warm and cuddly sensation all over my body. We are both giggling as we walk towards the searchlights in the distance.

When we get into the arena, the opening match is already in progress and literally everyone in the arena is chanting 'Axel sucks.' We can't figure out how to get to the floor and end up walking up and down the stairs several times before we find our seats. I see an elderly Indian woman in a John Cena t-shirt and my eyes start watering for some reason.

Xavier Woods enters the ring wearing a sparkly jacket. His entrance video looks like an animated gif image. He becomes my favourite wrestler. During the match, I experience severe time dilation as Hunico gives him a backdrop and then puts him in a chinlock again and again. I feel as though the match is stuck in an infinite loop and Hunico will continue to backdrop Xavier Woods forever. They do this spot for what feels like five or six times before Xavier finally backflips out of it and takes Hunico to the woodshed. Someone behind me yells that Xavier Woods looks like Richard Pryor and I spend a lot of time thinking about whether that was racist or not, considering he doesn't.

There is a divas match. I am looking at AJ standing on the apron and it strikes me how before these people were characters on a TV show, electron pulses on a screen, and now I can see the light reflecting off AJ's midriff and I can see the texture of her skin in infinitesimal detail down to the pores. Tamina doesn't tag her in. I count AJ's ribs.

I look over at my friend and he is slowly waving his hand in front of his face and at first I think he is doing the Cena thing but then I realize he is also really high.

During Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton's match, Daniel elbows Orton in the face so hard that, swear to god, a bloody tooth flies out of his mouth. I feel like these two could wrestle eachother again and again for the next thousand years and it would never not be amazing. Orton does so many little things in the ring that are so perfect that you really have to watch him closely to pick up on, and it kills me that I have to boo him on principle because he's so good but Daniel Bryan is from the Pacific Northwest and weird looking and therefore My Guy.

I yell 'dishonourable discharge' at Orton when he's near my corner but he doesn't hear me.

Any time anyone goes on the microphone, all I can hear is 'womp womp womp womp womp womp.' Tony Chimel goes on the microphone and says 'womp womp womp womp womp fifteen minute intermission.'

I go to buy a Fandango t-shirt but they don't have any.

It is when Los Matadores come out around nine o'clock that I realize I am peaking. El Torito comes out and I begin screaming. I have never been as excited by anything in my life. I cannot put into words the elation I am experiencing watching him run down the rampway. I feel as though millions of years of human evolution and history have led to me being here, watching a small man in a bull costume jump on the ropes and wave at people. I start tearing up again and try to start an El Torito chant, but then 3MB comes out and all the brown kids freak out over Jinder Mahal. He has never, ever been more over than he was tonight.

My friend is disappointed that there are no other mini wrestlers to fight El Torito, but I say it was enough just to be blessed by his presence.

Fandango comes out. He is wearing a purple satin shirt, which I begin wilding out over, but not as hard as I was wilding for El Torito. Great Khali comes out and again the crowd goes crazy, but I am staring at Fandango as he teases taking off the satin shirt. I am losing my mind. Finally he takes off the shirt and the light hits his abs. I swear to god Fandango's body is sparkling, glowing. His abs are crystalline. I almost start crying for a third time because his body is so fucking beautiful. We make eye contact and I become bonded to him in eternity.

'His face is shaped like a Pringle,' my friend says of Great Khali.

Fandango gets on the microphone. 'Vancouver womp womp womp womp womp dance,' he says. Fandango is a really great wrestler because his selling can actually create the illusion of Khali moving around.

The main event is CM Punk vs. Luke Harper. CM Punk is my favourite wrestler and the entire arena is chanting his name but I am already exhausted because I have marked out so severely and completely over Fandango's shirt and El Torito.

CM Punk gets on the microphone. 'Womp womp Vancouver womp womp womp womp womp,' he says. Everyone goes home happy. I feel emotionally and physically depleted. I get on the bus and go straight back downtown to eat a triple cheeseburger at A&W.

It was delicious.

Never read this until now. A Reddit post from a couple years ago about a guy's psychedelic mushroom experience at a WWE Live event. It's the most I've laughed in the past few days.

Thank you for this I haven't laughed once since Tuesday, this had me laughing till I cried.

#Shoot

Kane and Show eliminating everyone was one of the most hilarious and memorable Rumble moments. You could just feel Vince giving everyone a collective fuck you.

Continuing my NXT catch up on the way to takeover, man even NXT isn't safe from the heel women characterisation of catty girls, these aussie birds are like same ol' shit in their backstage segments. That said Billie Kay still gets a pass for that entrance theme and snazzy cape.

#Shoot

Kane and Show eliminating everyone was one of the most hilarious and memorable Rumble moments. You could just feel Vince giving everyone a collective fuck you.

In retrospect it's easily the best part of that entire match.

Of course when I say in retrospect I mean for 95% of this thread, I on the other hand was cracking up as it happened.

Absolutely need to find some time for ATTACK, this Halloween show might be a good start.
Main Event of Kirby and El Ligero as KO and Generico vs Pete Dunne and Nixon Newell as Joker and Harley

d2mWMxs.gif

Tlex5Ht.gif

Top Bottom