• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Fox318

God damned Power Rangers exposing the business.
tumblr_n474lk0ST41rhxfs4o1_400.gif

the only appropriate place for flips

Pikma

Banned
Green Sin Cara vs whatever the fuck current Sin Cara's color is

In a backstage brawl

Whoever loses has to attend anger management classes

El-Suave

Usually pretty excited for Takeover but not feeling much buzz around NXT tonight. Maybe I'll be more into it once it starts.

Yeah, this is the first time since they do Takeovers on the PPV weekend that I look more forward to the main roster show. Greatly even. The NXT roster isn't as good as it used to be. The women's division is especially lacking.

Raw64life

Usually pretty excited for Takeover but not feeling much buzz around NXT tonight. Maybe I'll be more into it once it starts.

Main event is the same main event from last Takeover (which I saw in person)
Tag title match is the same match from last Takeover with a different stipulation
Dusty tournament finals are 2 boring CAW teams I don't care about

Other than the women's match the thing I'm most hyped for is seeing Paul Ellering dangle from a cage.

I'm already tired of Nakamura in NXT. He was ready for the main roster from Day 1 but now it's really just starting to seem like a big waste of time. He's not gonna be in his prime forever and it's being wasted in NXT. I don't think he'll lose tonight but I hope he does. If not, he should drop the belt to Roode and get to the main roster ASAP

I'm already tired of Nakamura in NXT. He was ready for the main roster from Day 1 but now it's really just starting to seem like a big waste of time. He's not gonna be in his prime forever and it's being wasted in NXT. I don't think he'll lose tonight but I hope he does. If not, he should drop the belt to Roode and get to the main roster ASAP

Got to make HHH look strong by selling out the Florida loop

Still much more excited for Takeover because it's going to have the best matches of the weekend Joe v Nak & Revival v DIY. And the way NXT presents itself more seriously will always top main roster shenanigans.

But this isn't another case of the main roster being so far behind in quality and that's a great thing.

I don't really care for Toronto minus the Mickie Asuka match really. Rematches tend to be terrible in the WWE when dragged out for so long and they are especially terrible when you do them on a brand that only has about four PPV's a year.

Pikma

Banned
The nxt takeover formula is boring now, it has just become so predictable.
The HohoLunman formula has always been boring, your posts are as predictable as Roman Reigns kicking out of a finishing move for the 4th time yet we keep listening to you day in and day out

If you don't want to watch NXT, FloSlam have the PWX X-16 Tournament streaming live this weekend - night one's tonight at 7PM EST;

. PWX Tag Titles: The Ugly Ducklings (c) vs The Bravado Brothers vs The Revolt
. X-16 Opening Round: James Drake vs Jason Cade
. X-16 Opening Round: Colby Corino vs Tracer X
. X-16 Opening Round: Darius Lockhart vs ???
. X-16 Opening Round: Ethan Case vs Fred Yehi
. X-16 Opening Round: Trevor Lee vs Chip Day
. X-16 Opening Round: Matt Riddle vs Corey Hollis
. X-16 Opening Round: Anthony Henry vs Martin Stone
. X-16 Opening Round: Zack Sabre Jr. vs Davey Richards

Those top four matches should be awesome, saw Zack vs Davey in RPW and it's one of my favourite matches I've seen live. Trevor Lee vs Chip Day or Anthony Henry vs Martin Stone to steal the show, I'd say.

Anth0ny

Friends

I'm seeing strong style tonight. Ring side.

I feel honoured to see nakamura live before they move him to the main roster and ruin him forever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Doesn't NXT tour Japan in December?

Honestly expecting Nakamura to keep the belt partly because of that.
He's keeping the belt because why would they take it off him

Recall

Best mania, Summerslam, Rumble...all have options and opinions and always discussed.

But no one ever discusses which Survivor Series PPV was the best?

87? 88? 90? 96? 2002?

Trying this shoot thing out.

Most praise for Roman seems completely forced, as a way to make up for all the overwhelming shit he's gotten in the past two years. He still has poor promos and one note match types with completely unbelievable selling & storytelling.

Anth0ny

NXT as a whole has gone down in popularity this year. Many of its stars went to the main roster because of the brand split. NXT's head writer moved to Smackdown. The main event tonight has already headlined a takeover show.

Most importantly, thanks to the brand split, if you follow WWE there's now three weekly WWE shows to follow instead of two, thanks to Smackdown becoming canon. For many, 3 shows is just too much to handle, I think. so people replaced NXT with Smackdown. Plus you have 2 PPVs a month now... after watching a PPV on Sunday, Raw on Monday and SD on Tuesday, I don't know how excited people are to watch pre-recorded NXT on Wednesday. As a result, popularity and hype goes down.

As I've said before, though, I'm just ecstatic to see Joe and Nakamura live. they NEVER come to Toronto. gonna be fucking awesome.

Thanks friend Zach. I hope the chants I start are enough to push this show to an A+.

You get to see B+ superstar HHH!

Best mania, Summerslam, Rumble...all have options and opinions and always discussed.

87? 88? 90? 96? 2002?

96. Love that Hart/Austin match and the hbk/sid title match was fun.

95 is pretty good too. 92 has a couple of great matches, the hbk/hart title match in particular. 87's probably the best to watch for ACTUAL survivor series matchups though.

Toronto alone should make the upcoming WWE events more enjoyable even if the cards are both a bit lacklustre.

87? 88? 90? 96? 2002?

I'm fond of 2002 but I really need to give the older stuff a proper look.

Was watching 98 last night, called it for now once I got to the end of Taker/Kane for what must've been the 6th time on PPV that year including the Fully Loaded tag match and Triple threat with Austin.

Zach

What do you have against seemingly good-natured goofballs, LiQuid!? This attitude won't serve you well in the eyes of the WrassleGAF Power Rankings Executive Committee, I imagine.

Top Bottom