• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

God damned Power Rangers exposing the business.
tumblr_n474lk0ST41rhxfs4o1_400.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hulk is basically on his best behavior after returning to the WWE that first time. Apparently during the years I never watched he lost about as much as he won.

I don't know why goading chants by faces bothers me so much, but it does.

People like Steph & Mick put their whole promos on hold at the slightest hint of a chant, and then they pander and beg for the entire crowd to join in.

If the chant isn't strong enough, just let it die and continue talking.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Romanian Reigns took that rookie with the heart in the right place, AJ Styles, to the best match of his career...and then did it again. The same AJ Styles who couldn't beat old man Jericho at WM Star. Romanian Reigns is a career maker.

Too bad Reigns followed up those matches with a half hour bore with Seth Rollins.

They have a match on Smackdown with Triple H going over clean and Hogan getting Triple H to pose with him for the crowd
Craziness. I don't remember this at all

Edit: Clean as a whistle indeed. I think the reason I forgot about this was how strange the world title picture was during those few months in the brand split where it was just the undisputed title.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Reigns worst matches are with HHH, Shameless and the other two members of the Shield.

He's had good to legitimately great matches with AJ, BIG SHOW, Bryan, Rusev, Wyatt, and Brock. Sure, two of those are Bryan and AJ, who could have a good match with anyone but that doesn't explain his incredible chemistry with Big Show and Wyatt.

Verendus

Banned
Other way around, friend.
Friend, please.

All I know is I saw AJ Styles for the first time in January, then saw him put on some mediocre matches with Jericho, then suddenly thought he's on the cusp of being a main eventer as soon as he and Romanian put on the two best main events WWE has had this year back to back. I've never seen a champion get counted out for a ten count before. That's commitment to making a new star.

Roman is like the anti-Joan Cena. He's not just steamrolling guys. He's The Big Dawg because you put on a match with him and come out looking better for it. That's a true leader right there friend.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still can't bolieve how bad the HHH/RR match was though. I thought for awhile it was just the fatigue of the seven hour mania and watched it a few weeks later. Nope. Worst HHH match in years.

Reigns worst partner is still Ambrose though. Those two have zero chemistry in the ring.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hogan also jobbed to Flair and Arn in two seperate matches early in his WCW career

Nitro ratings stunt era. Those are not clean though, they involve the infamous loaded shoe. Also a third match one of them wins by DQ when Hogan does an awful chair shot.

Striker

I still can't bolieve how bad the HHH/RR match was though. I thought for awhile it was just the fatigue of the seven hour mania and watched it a few weeks later. Nope. Worst HHH match in years.

Reigns worst partner is still Ambrose though. Those two have zero chemistry in the ring.
His (recent) matches with Taker and Bork were either straight boring or Michael Bay levels of "hey dudes, this is cool right?" finisher fest or spot-match. And I can not for the help of me remember his match with CM Punk at the PPV. Bryan match is the fresh breath of air and that was all DB flying around.

Verendus

Banned
I kind of really want Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown to come down to Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles at the end for a solid ten to fifteen minutes. I hope their match bookers or whatever they're called put in the work to make sure it's an epic fifty minutes affair.

I kind of really want Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown to come down to Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles at the end for a solid ten to fifteen minutes. I hope their match bookers or whatever they're called put in the work to make sure it's an epic fifty minutes affair.
Shouldn't the last man standing for Raw be

aaRlBA9.jpg

jurgen

Haitch has had 20(!) WM mania matches, I think. I'd confidently say only five are good to great. The rest flirt with being a tire fire.

I'm grasping at straws as to who actually has good chemistry with Ambrose right now. He's really gotten bland in 2016.

Menome

I bet he's also the kind of kid who uses those ugly ass CRT filters to make it look like the real deal

Did America just have shit TVs during the 80s and 90s? I tried those scanline filters on emulators and turned them off instantly. My TV screens never looked like that unless they were broken.

Teeth

I'm grasping at straws as to who actually has good chemistry with Ambrose right now. He's really gotten bland in 2016.

Gotten bland?

He's added (or re-added) two new moves to his repertoire since being champ, but he's still got the noodliest punches, the most delicate suicide dives, and worst move in the 'E...a move so bad, it ruins the credibility of any opponent that doesn't get to counter it (the rebound clothesline).

You can't have chemistry in an inert performer.

That said, I actually think he's good as a WWE champ (or in the running), as they seem to allow the top guys some leeway to script or adlib their own promos, and Ambrose is decent on the mic when he's not strictly scripted.

ROH last night at Liverpool was well worth the trip. Got a bunch of photos but can't upload them till Monday. Off to Glasgow now for Fear and Loathing tomorrow.

Catching up on this weeks RAW/ SDL. I like the brand supremacy thing they've done (I got enjoyment out of Bragging Rights) but the 2 shows feel to linked to really take advantage of it.

I'd love to see them try and recreate territories internally. Florida for NXT, RAW on the East side and SDL on the West to try and create an element of fan ownership of the brands.

I've a feeling this split isn't going to last that long though.

Recall

I wonder why Kobashi went from moonsault presses as his finish to diving guillotine leg drops in 1995?

I guess it's that AJPW thing of giving yourself many viable moves that could end the match and he wanted to establish it, really adds to the drama as you don't know what move will get him the win.

Just watched Johnny Ace & Steve Williams vs Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa from 4th Match 95 and it was a crazy match. It lost a little of its steam in the middle but the start and end were incredible. Crowd even booed Misawa & Kobashi when they double teamed Ace with a double Tiger Driver, the crowd didn't care for the face team "cheating" I guess.

My sources are saying a LayCool run-in is planned on Mickie James tomorrow and on AJ Styles on Sunday. Michelle gonna take her finisher back!
Faithbreaker>Style Clash

Ppl in this thread loving Attitude but hating on best Dreamcast game Royal Rumble. Smdh
This is why you're permanently in the wrasslegaf doghouse.

Tomorrow I will shoot
Waiting on tenterhooks.

Is he using Kalisto's trampoline? Lmao
I think we've found the next Sin Cara.

Well fuck me, so the whole "God" thing with hbk was a damn rib. Bret was supposed to be Shawn's partner.
Vince pulling a rather disrespectful rib on a man's life changing devotion to Christianity? Seems kinda obvious in retrospect.

Heads up, ICW will be streaming the go-home show for Fear & Loathing on their Facebook page today. Starts at 6pm UK time (1pm east cost).

Drew Galloway & Jack Jester vs Grado & Chris Renfrew
ICW Heavywieght Champion Wolfgang vs Andy Wild (non-title)
BT Gunn vs Ricochet vs Kenny Williams
Bram vs Jimmy Havoc
and more

Top Bottom