• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Caderfix

I haven't noticed before but has Roman gotten rid of the contacts altogether? It's a much better look without them.

YES. Finally.

That actually bothered me way more than it should. Like, why is this guy trying to be a badass that doesn't care about anything other than the belt using blue contacts?

One day I hope everyone recognizes and appreciates how Jericho was able to reinvent himself every 2-3 years with completely different personality, look, catchphrases, etc.. since 1995. 1998 Jericho is completely different than 2000 Jericho, 2002, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016.

It's not today. Whenever Jericho tries something for a month and it doesn't work, he gets "Fuck Jericho, get him off my TV, he shouldn't be winning any big matches" like early this year.

While a valid point (actually one I've mentioned myself) before he reinvents himself he tends to have a brief stint of revisiting an old well that's out of water which tends to cause the negative reactions.
We didn't get the gift of Jericho until after his lacklustre early year stint.

Atomic Odin

20161031_Match_SurvivorSeries_SD_5on5_JORS--f8dcc6a40c5805f37f0be5e8cf2edf2d.jpg

wwe.jpg

it even has Vacant. there's never been a more wwe image!

So Rollins is supposed to be the last guy right? I can picture more Foley's "look at the bigger picture/its all about the team" promos with Seth incoming

Atomic Odin

One day I hope everyone recognizes and appreciates how Jericho was able to reinvent himself every 2-3 years with completely different personality, look, catchphrases, etc.. since 1995. 1998 Jericho is completely different than 2000 Jericho, 2002, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016.

It's not today. Whenever Jericho tries something for a month and it doesn't work, he gets "Fuck Jericho, get him off my TV, he shouldn't be winning any big matches" like early this year.

I hope after his face turn we get to see the Stephanie's worst nightmare persona once more

Is there a worse feud in wrestling right now than Yoshitatsu vs Bone Soldier? The crowd don't care in the slightest. Yoshitatsu isn't over, Bone Soldier isn't over...at least Captain New Japan got reactions.

Kaladin

Raw viewership for Halloween:

8pm: 2.747
9pm: 2.617
10pm: 2.436

Avg: 2.600

Honestly higher than I expected. A) It's Halloween which pulls adults and kids away from their homes at the times Raw typically airs and B) It's a holiday episode which WWE is famously known for making horrible.

They haven't done a good Christmas episode since Stone Cold clocked Kris's Kringle in front of little Roman Reigns.

Anth0ny

Honestly higher than I expected. A) It's Halloween which pulls adults and kids away from their homes at the times Raw typically airs and B) It's a holiday episode which WWE is famously known for making horrible.

They haven't done a good Christmas episode since Stone Cold clocked Kris's Kringle in front of little Roman Reigns.

pollock mentioned this on a podcast in the last week

the 2011 halloween raw

do you remember it?

nonetheless, that raw, with halloween and monday night football, did a better rating than ANY RAW WILL DO THIS YEAR. higher than raw after mania. higher than any go home show. higher than any part timer will pop the rating this year.

halloween 2011 will shit on the entire year of 2016 raw ratings. that's how dire things are right now.

Kaladin

pollock mentioned this on a podcast in the last week

the 2011 halloween raw

do you remember it?

nonetheless, that raw, with halloween and monday night football, did a better rating than ANY RAW WILL DO THIS YEAR. higher than raw after mania. higher than any go home show. higher than any part timer will pop the rating this year.

halloween 2011 will shit on the entire year of 2016 raw ratings. that's how dire things are right now.

You forgot to mention, they had the fucking Muppets on that night, and had advertised it in advance and even had a rare homerun with it.

34oot9g.gif

Brock is going to have to work extra hard to make Goldberg look good.

Can Goldberg even take a bump these days?
I'm sure he's getting prepared for the arsenal going after him which will consist of strictly suplexes and F5's.

I'll be shocked if this match makes it past fifteen minutes long at this rate.

WHY AM I READING RUMORS THAT CHARLOTTE WON THE BELT TO FURTHER HER RIVALRY WITH SASHA AND NOT SO SHE CAN FEUD WITH BAYLEY

KILL THAT FUCKING FEUD AND THAT SHIT BETTER BE SOMEONE LYING OUT THEIR ASS

WHY AM I READING RUMORS THAT CHARLOTTE WON THE BELT TO FURTHER HER RIVALRY WITH SASHA AND NOT SO SHE CAN FEUD WITH BAYLEY

KILL THAT FUCKING FEUD AND THAT SHIT BETTER BE SOMEONE LYING OUT THEIR ASS

Meltz says Bayley is going into a Charlotte feud.

I think they should have Bayley go over Charlotte at the rumble and build to a Bayley vs heel Sasha at mania

Hey guys,

Sycho Sid Vicious of Justice is now played by Guardians of the Galaxy, Mallrats, Walking Dead and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 star Michael Rooker:

then_and_now_legends_of_wrestling_11.jpg

Would rather see Sid take on Lesnar than Goldberg to be honest.

Kaladin

oh my god that was that night

the muppets are a bigger draw than goldberg? D:

The Muppets were like the highlight of the extremely shitty Guest Star era. Seriously, if you think the brand split is bad, go back and watch those Raws. The only good ones were few and far between like the muppets, Seth Green, Bob Barker.

cordy

Banned
Yeah I heard that the WWE is teasing some Shield bullshit possibly at Survivor Series so yeah Rollins is going to be the last guy. I'll go ahead and call this thing now, watch me.

- SD somehow ends up winning and on the team there's Ambrose, Styles and 3 others and shit, probably 3 heels or filled with 1-2 jobbers but they get the job done
- To not eclipse Raw, they wash over SD's win quickly and beat up Ambrose and also Rollins and Reigns get beaten down by Owens, Jericho and Strowman
- Ambrose gets beaten down by his team
- Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose end up working together to beat down all the heels and at the end they do some Shield shit like powerbombing Strowman or Owens
- Shield stands in the ring reunited for 1 night

That's how that shit ends.

jmdajr

Hey guys,

Sycho Sid Vicious of Justice is now played by Guardians of the Galaxy, Mallrats, Walking Dead and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 star Michael Rooker:

then_and_now_legends_of_wrestling_11.jpg

Would rather see Sid take on Lesnar than Goldberg to be honest.

Or Sid vs Goldberg!

"A man who cannot touch another man."

Yeah I heard that the WWE is teasing some Shield bullshit possibly at Survivor Series so yeah Rollins is going to be the last guy. I'll go ahead and call this thing now, watch me.

- SD somehow ends up winning and on the team there's Ambrose, Styles and 3 others and shit, probably 3 heels or filled with 1-2 jobbers but they get the job done
- To not eclipse Raw, they wash over SD's win quickly and beat up Ambrose and also Rollins and Reigns get beaten down by Owens, Jericho and Strowman
- Ambrose gets beaten down by his team
- Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose end up working together to beat down all the heels and at the end they do some Shield shit like powerbombing Strowman or Owens
- Shield stands in the ring reunited for 1 night

That's how that shit ends.

THAT'll get reigns over!

Right guys?

Guys?

Here's another shoot that I have in the chamber: you'd have to be an idiot to think that Goldberg is a bigger draw than the Muppets. There's more kids in the world than there are fat smarks and fat WCW fans combined. Plus the Muppets constantly have been a draw and have used celebrities far better than WCW and WWE.

And yep, just remembered that Meltzer said the WWE were thinking of doing a Shield spot at Survivor Series or Rumble.

It'll happen.

And yeah Reigns will be booed again.
DMbrose crossing over to RAW?

E: Bronson, Yes I am. Making the work day go faster reading gaf.

cordy

Banned
DMbrose crossing over to RAW?

Nah.

All the heels will probably beat up Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins after the elimination match given they'll likely be the only faces. You got Reigns, Strowman, Jericho, Owens and probably Rollins. On SD it'll be Ambrose, Styles and 3 others who can easily be heels. They'll just beat up all 3 and all 3 will show all of them up.

Just like in the old days.

Challenge and TNA was a weird pairing. The rest of the channels lineup is reruns of 20 year old quiz shows.

They will probably be more then happy to replace TNA with old reruns of who wants to be a millionaire. Lose the viewership TNA brought but save on not having to pay for actually current shows

Top Bottom