• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

ReiGun

No way, brother. It's rematch time at the next PPV!

And guess who's undefeated on PPV's?

a1e.png

Syder

Ending a feud with Sasha holding the belt seems straight up fucking dumb based on her injury record. I love her but Jesus Christ, I can see her dropping it straight back to Charlotte or off to Bayley prematurely or worse Nia Jax within the next 3 months.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ending a feud with Sasha holding the belt seems straight up fucking dumb based on her injury record. I love her but Jesus Christ, I can see her dropping it straight back to Charlotte or off to Bayley prematurely or worse Nia Jax within the next 3 months.

Why would this even matter? If she got injured in half a year they can just hold a tournament. They love their tournaments.

Also that match was really amazing. Some of the complaints in here are pretty dumb.

Tagyhag

Man I honestly think Reigns is gonna go up against Goldberg at mania with 2 titles on the line.

And win clean in the same way Goldberg beat Lesnar.

Spear vs Spear sounds like the type of booking that makes vince wet his diaper.

Oh my goodness.

Imagine the boos.

Man I honestly think Reigns is gonna go up against Goldberg at mania with 2 titles on the line.

You're the worst. I swear. Stop it!

Fuck it, I'm in

Can't be worse than the women's booking

Fox318

Why would this even matter? If she got injured in half a year they can just hold a tournament. They love their tournaments.

Outside of HHH nobody in that company likes em.

Problem for Vince and his crew of kissass writers is its too much like a sport and they can't insert their "entertainment" portion into it.

Lol all you want but I'm tired of the same two performers in every women's match on Raw. If you like the same shit over and over, good for you.

I must have missed the last time they did a falls count anywhere match.

I mean yes they should move on but I'm getting great matches out of it so I'm not gonna bitch too much.

How to get fans to hate Roman even more.

Let's have him beat The Undertaker in a retirement match in the same night too.

Heroman

Banned

I mean yes they should move on but I'm getting great matches out of it so I'm not gonna bitch too much.
I don't know dude, the matches aren't that good , people got tired of Tanahashi vs Okada and those matches were way better than this.

Yes the matches are good, no denying it. FCA, HIAC, etc...all feel kinda the same with a lot of the same spots and a few new ones mixed in. I'm just amazed that Raw basically has 2 women stars and 1 on the horizon (Bailey) and that's it. Makes the booking boring and the matches lose there flair. I loved the first few matches much like I enjoyed Owens and Zayn but damn, enough is enough.

ReiGun

I don't think anyone is disputing the matches being great. But I also would like to see some of the other women getting some shine. It's a two person division right now and that's not good for anyone in the long run.

Outside of HHH nobody in that company likes em.

Problem for Vince and his crew of kissass writers is its too much like a sport and they can't insert their "entertainment" portion into it.
Which would be perplexing if they think that way, because I think there's a ton of story potential in a tournament. You can start all kinds of feuds and have all sorts of interesting segments.

I mean, the King of the Ring worked for years for that reason.

The belt has been around since April this year, and has had two women each hold the belt three times. Even more insane when you consider the belt was first dropped at the end of July.

Fuck it then right? they should just keep doing this forever if the matches are good. Forget logical booking.

Again a hot 4 star match on a show y'all live to hate and all some of ya can do is whine...

It actually does tell a story btw... two equal rivals who on any given day can beat the other.

That's an actual story.

UberTag

The fans will finally embrace Roman as their lord and savior and cheer him after he outspears Goldberg, right?

You joke but at this point Cena's last Mania match is gonna be against Reigns, and Roman's absolutely going over.

It was a fun 3 months of thinking the tide turned on him but nah, the McMahons are getting their wish and nothing is veering them off course.

Yes the matches are good, no denying it. FCA, HIAC, etc...all feel kinda the same with a lot of the same spots and a few new ones mixed in. I'm just amazed that Raw basically has 2 women stars and 1 on the horizon (Bailey) and that's it. Makes the booking boring and the matches lose there flair. I loved the first few matches much like I enjoyed Owens and Zayn but damn, enough is enough.

I'm fine with wanting fresh blood but I'm also fine with ya know entertaining great matches soo...

The good matches don't make up for the bad segments in between. I think the two have great matches, but this feud has been going on since early July and it's a joke that they are still going with it because they don't wanna pull the trigger on Bayley until 'Mania.

Heroman

Banned
Again a hot 4 star match on a show y'all live to hate and all some of ya can do is whine...

It actually does tell a story btw... two equal rivals who on any given day can beat the other.

That's an actual story.
That wasn't a 4 star match and that isn't the story the, story is that Sasha wins on Raw, Charlotte wins on PPV. If you do a match no matter how good it people will tired of it.

That's an actual story.
Everything on Raw is a 'story' this is just a bad one, that devalues title reigns and makes them switching hands between each other over and over meaningless.

It makes it even worse that they treat every win as a big deal, once in a lifetime moment, when it's happened five times before.

Fox318

At this point its just Vince doing what he wants.

Only 3 things will ever change his mind.

• Network Numbers dip below a million and Investors start freaking the fuck out. They have already lost a ton of revenue seeing as PPV isn't dead for live events.
  • With ratings slipping and live sports doing less on ratings a company lie NBC will have no reason to reup with the same rate they have now. That TV deal is where they make their money and NBC knows nobody else wants wrestling on their channel.
  • Gradual decline of the main product makes some question HHH's ability to take over once Vince is gone. NXT is built solely so investors won't completely reject somebody with out a college degree or business experience ruining a billion dollar public company.

At this point Vince has no need to make a product that people enjoy. Its all about the marketing suits and "brand/image" pushers like Steph looking at which wrestler will look best on the Today show/Susan G Komen board meeting or which wrestler will bring in a certain social/ethnic group based on their physical appearance.

Mizerman

The fans will finally embrace Roman as their lord and savior and cheer him after he outspears Goldberg, right?

Soon as Goldberg raises Roman's arm and prepares a promo that ends like this...

"You know what? Maybe I was the one who was next. Just like Roman Reigns is gonna be the next...big...thing in this business."

Syder

Also that match was really amazing. Some of the complaints in here are pretty dumb.
I never complained about the quality of the match, I thought it was better than their HIAC match and Charlotte is the most improved wrestler in every way this year. Hot potato-ing the belt just isn't good. Sasha, injury permitting, needs to hold that belt for a looooooong time now. I'd like to see her turn heel and defend it at Mania against Bayley.

ReiGun

They should go overboard with giving them the stipulations.

Where the Punjabi Prison match at?

Boiler Room match
Buried Alive
Barbed Wire Match
Dana Brooke on a Pole Match
Elimination Chamber but they're the only two people in the match. Charlotte wrestles a broom, a pug, and a cut out of herself before Sasha comes in.

UberTag

Soon as Goldberg raises Roman's arm and prepares a promo that ends like this...

"You know what? Maybe I was the one who was next. Just like Roman Reigns is gonna be the next...big...thing in this business."
Perhaps Edge can be the guest referee and Rhyno can be the outside enforcer to keep Brock from interfering. It will be the ultimate passing of the torch moment as the forefathers of spear all give Roman their blessing. It'll be the ultimate WrestleMania ex-spear-ience.

Everyone defending this should immediately view years 2007 and 2008 on the Network. You will not only hate the concept of hot-shotting within half of one of the years, you will grow to hate belts in general

Fox318

I don't think anyone is disputing the matches being great. But I also would like to see some of the other women getting some shine. It's a two person division right now and that's not good for anyone in the long run.

Which would be perplexing if they think that way, because I think there's a ton of story potential in a tournament. You can start all kinds of feuds and have all sorts of interesting segments.

I mean, the King of the Ring worked for years for that reason.

tournaments are fucking great.

Lets not forget it got Brock over to a point where in less than 4 months people wanted him to take the belt off The fucking Rock.

Problem with King of the Ring is they fucking think of it as an excuse to use a royalty gimmick, in America, in 2016. Yeah King Bookah got over but Booker T and many others who use the gimmick were around long enough where fans didn't change the channel.

Had they not wanted to repackage Bad News Barrett they would have never had it 2 years ago as a network special.

Everyone love the CWC and it helped build a new set of talent quicker than anything Vince ever tried to get Reigns over.

Top Bottom