• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

I've let it sit in over time...

...and I still cannot believe that in 2016, Goldberg returned and was booked as WCW Goldberg, complete with his OG theme, entrance, and squash style.

I cannot believe it.

And I fucking love it.

Demoskinos

didn't catch the end, why the hell is Ric raising Sasha's hand?

and I gotta mention Cesaro not drinking from his glass in the end of that bar segment.....bro, stop looking at it and drink, you look like you're scared of it or something.

She "dedicated the match to him" earlier in the night during a backstage segment.

Pikma

Banned
Why the fuck does nobody acknowledge Roman Reigns has only defended his U.S. accessory just once, and it was as part of his feud with JeriKO

How can these fuckers get paid to write this shit

Fuck, seeing him hold the belt like a fucking teenager holding his backpack makes me want to punch someone

Syder

Fuck, seeing him hold the belt like a fucking teenager holding his backpack makes me want to punch someone
Worst thing is you know someone in the back suggested that specifically to get a good reaction.

"He's gotta look cool and edgy holding that belt… have him sling it over his shoulder like he doesn't care"
fellowkids.jpg

Toki767

Why the fuck does nobody acknowledge Roman Reigns has only defended his U.S. accessory just once, and it was as part of his feud with JeriKO

I guess he technically defends it in house shows. Not that those really count for anything.

The US title would've been better off with Rusev though.

Did Warrior defend during his feud with Hogan?

UberTag

I guess he technically defends it in house shows. Not that those really count for anything.

The US title would've been better off with Rusev though.
But then Roman would have to win by DQ and count-out at house shows instead of by pinfall over Rusev.
That wouldn't make him look strong at all.

As someone who's currently watching every James Bond film, Cesaro looks like such a goober.
Cesaro looks like a goober compared to the characters in Spy Hard. Let's be real here.

Toki767

But then Roman would have to win by DQ and count-out at house shows instead of by pinfall over Rusev.
That wouldn't make him look strong at all.

Reigns has been facing Owens on house shows.

Which means he has been defending the US title (and pinning Owens clean) on all of those shows.

For someone with a WWE network sub, what's the best way to check out WCW before Nitro? Would I be fine with Starrcade '83 and sticking to the PPVS from there until '93 or so?

Recall

Probably because they aren't ready to push Bayley. So they keep having Charlotte and Sasha trade wins.

Or they don't know what to do to keep people caring so they keep trading wins with poorly written and thought out storylines and matches.

You know, the WWE way.

Watched like 5 minutes of main roster programming since Hell in a Cell, since it was clear they had no idea what they were doing with the women's division.

So, nice to see they are still repeating the same damn cycle with Sasha and Charlotte.

Maybe on SD we can have Ellsworth defeat Styles for the millionth time too.

Rimfya

Banned
What even is the point of Roman having the US title?

No one knows how he got it. No one knows what to do with it now he has it.

Charlotte (c) - 2015/09/20 - 309 Days
Sasha (c) - 2016/07/25 - 27 Days
Charlotte (c) - 2016/08/21 - 43 Days
Sasha (c) - 2016/10/03 - 27 Days
Charlotte (c) - 2016/10/30 - 29 Days
Sasha (c) - 2016/11/28 - 1+ Days

They've had 7 singles matches in 2016 alone, enough already!

Kurita

Shoot : I dig Charlotte and Sasha taking turns for the title, feels like they're one-upping each other each time because they really really want that belt.

Shoot : I dig Charlotte and Sasha taking turns for the title, feels like they're one-upping each other each time because they really really want that belt.

That's what I liked about it too, it's not like it's jumping around among 5 or 6 different people.

It's two equally matched rivals who might lose to one another on any given night.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What even is the point of Roman having the US title?

No one knows how he got it. No one knows what to do with it now he has it.
There is a reason why they don't often give protected main eventers minor titles.

orioto

Good Art™
I wonder if they're not trying to go for something more competitive for KO, with reigns telling him he wants the fighter in him, then saying nice things about him in interview after RAW, and the jericho break.

But probably not :p That would be good though.
When WWE understands there is no room anymore for ppv main events with a "cheap undeserving heel wins in the end" story, they'll fix most of their problems really. It's not that complex really, a main event should be 2 strong wreslters against each other with suspense in it..

RAW was weak but that main event was fantastic. They need to continue this trend of having great main events on their weekly shows. Give people a reason to tune into that third hour.

Yeah, it's sort of working for this feud. I am curious how they end it.

Top Bottom