• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

What an absolute waste that they've got the brilliant AJ Styles in a feud with Dean Ambrose....

It's only just dawned on me how much better they could have booked AJ

And now I've just realised I'm still surprised about WWE booking issues

In 2016

Hey, dean's upped his game since he lost the belt. Last couple of matches have been fun.

It could be worse, he could be on raw being fed to roman again, or being browbeaten by steph.

I mean. His best feud has been with Roman.

I prefer the stuff with cena. His matches with roman were great, but he ended it looking less like a threat then when he went into the feud.

He actually got a clean pin against Cena, and the whole story now is that he CAN beat anyone clean, but he doesn't really care how he wins as long as he wins. Makes him a much stronger character, and he sure wasn't going to pick up any clean wins over Roman unless Roman pops again.

I know they are sort of trapped in the mid-card but imagine a triple threat between Ziggler, Miz and AJ......

At the moment I'd struggle to see a better potential for match quality. Until Nakamura and Samoa Joe get promoted.

I think right now Miz could be credible as a main even guy. Not so sure about Ziggler though. Be interesting to see who his "mystery opponent" is.

Recall

Once Smackdown poach it's three more roster members from RAW after Survivor Series, we will then finally see AJ vs anyone else.

Sami Zayn, Cesaro and Neville please.

Hasney

Once Smackdown poach it's three more roster members from RAW after Survivor Series, we will then finally see AJ vs anyone else.

Is that the stakes? Roster picks? I didn't watch Raw and not watching SD until later. Might actually be interested in Survivor Series if there's something on the line.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AJ's a great heel but he should really be a face with the current Smackdown roster. Then you can do AJ vs Corbin and AJ vs Miz. Because, let's be hones, those are the no 2 and 3 contenders with Cena gone.

Kurita

I mean. His best feud has been with Roman.

I just can't agree with that. The matches were very solid/good, but man, the segments were horrible. AJ wasn't full on heel like now so he was quite boring on the mic.
I find AJ vs Dean much more entertaining even though the matches aren't as good.

Pikma

Banned
AJ's a great heel but he should really be a face with the current Smackdown roster. Then you can do AJ vs Corbin and AJ vs Miz. Because, let's be hones, those are the no 2 and 3 contenders with Cena gone.
Aaaand Bray, who's a heel too

Damn, SD need faces so badly...

I guess that's one of the reasons they turned Slater face? We know Rhyno won't hang around forever...

Pikma

Banned

We'll get Titus, Nia Jax and The Shining Stars and you'll like it

Ya'll ever gonna give up on Cesaro or what?

If only Bray got as many chances with wrasslegaf as Cesaro did.

Cesaro's managed to do a lot with practically nothing from creative. I've still got a lot of time for the guy, and if he goes to smackdown we could have some incredible main events between him and AJ.

Cesaro's managed to do a lot with practically nothing from creative. I've still got a lot of time for the guy, and if he goes to smackdown we could have some incredible main events between him and AJ.

I seem to agree with most of the points you make.

I like Cesaro too. He reminds me of Lance Storm or Dean Malenko. Boring as a character but a joy to watch.

Just watching the RAW before Survivor Series 97 (November 3rd, 1997) thanks to F4W and there is some horrible stuff I do not remember...

deav1X2.png

Not one of JR's best quotes.

Hasney

People still thinking SD gonna win & draft more people from Raw huh?

Huh..huh

Probably work like it used to on the first brand split. Smackdown get 2 and Raw get 1, but Raw get the bigger deal. Heyman talked about it on a podcast at some point when he was arguing because he had to lose Jericho to Raw and he argued that he needed something in return even if they were two lower card guys... So he got Eddie and Benoit.

Do that, lose an Ambrose or Orton or someone and in return, get guys like Zayn and Neville. Could work out well.

Probably work like it used to on the first brand split. Smackdown get 2 and Raw get 1, but Raw get the bigger deal. Heyman talked about it on a podcast at some point when he was arguing because he had to lose Jericho to Raw and he argued that he needed something in return even if they were two lower card guys... So he got Eddie and Benoit.

Do that, lose an Ambrose or Orton or someone and in return, get guys like Zayn and Neville. Could work out well.

Could they theoretically draft someone from NXT?

Atomic Odin

Heh nice example that. The desperation with raw ratings is similar to that time, but it depends if Shane fights that passionately for his roster (which I think he would). I'd gladly give up Orton for Zayn & Cesaro and Vince would probably agree with that cuz Orton.

Lets hope AJ isn't a prt of it tho

Could they theoretically draft someone from NXT?

If those talks of Nak being made to stay on NXT for the time being are true I don't want them doing it now until he is ready to move. Really want Nak on SD

DJKhaled

Heh nice example that. The desperation with raw ratings is similar to that time, but it depends if Shane fights that passionately for his roster (which I think he would). I'd gladly give up Orton for Zayn & Cesaro and Vince would probably agree with that cuz Orton.

Lets hope AJ isn't a prt of it tho

If those talks of Nak being made to stay on NXT for the time being are true I don't want them doing it now until he is ready to move. Really want Nak on SD

Shane is just an on screen character

Menome

So what is Cole dressed up as for Hallowen?

/s

They agreed to dress as each other. Byron dressed as Graves, implying that he's a big baby. Graves dressed up as Saxton being somebody who you're completely puzzled as to why they're there, and Michael Cole dressed as himself.

They agreed to dress as each other. Byron dressed as Graves, implying that he's a big baby. Graves dressed up as Saxton being somebody who you're completely puzzled as to why they're there, and Michael Cole dressed as himself.
I think Cole joked and said he dressed as the chairman

kiguel182

I think there have been way too many Ambrose v Styles matches even if the James Ellsworth has been keeping things interesting. Hopefully he won't be there for TLC and they can have one final match.

Also, I'm finally getting into this Orton stuff. I'm curious to see where they take it.

Smackdown continues to deliver.

wcpw learning from wwe how to stack a poll

poll for internet title match vs Ligero

options are
Prince Ameen
Gabriel Kidd
Marty Scurll

Anth0ny

What an absolute waste that they've got the brilliant AJ Styles in a feud with Dean Ambrose....

It's only just dawned on me how much better they could have booked AJ

And now I've just realised I'm still surprised about WWE booking issues

In 2016

While they could have booked AJ better, I'm not too torn up about it because he still feels like the #1 guy on Smackdown by a fair margin. Even when Cena is on the show, honestly. He has that superstar aura, which is a good thing, even when he literally takes losses to jobbers.

No one on Raw really has that aura, certainly not Kevin Owens.

AJ and Ambrose is really all they can do considering the main event picture on smackdown... they need to get Miz up there ASAP. not sure what they're waiting for. they could also go ahead and end the wyatt/orton farce any time now but they'll probably keep going with that program til mania.

imBask

Banned
He AJ vs Dean feud thingy started strong but then they did the same thing the next week

and the one after that
and the one after that
and the one after that
and the one after that
and the one after that
and the one after that

I wonder what went wrong

I'm still amazed how SD manages to be consistently better than Raw even when i'm watching the Headbangers in 2016, seeing old man Kane desperately fighting off a three man mugging leading to "ow the edge" Orton promos, Ziggler doing anything and featuring a straight up jobber as part of a main event feud that's been going for months now.

Makes me wonder just how much stronger it could be with a few more credible roster members to give that variety.

miserable

alright, I've finally had it with Ambrose. dude is terrible in the ring. he does everything SO SLOWLY, and I don't know is he just lazy or he just sucks, but I've had it with him. Styles deserves better than this.

klonere

Banned
wcpw learning from wwe how to stack a poll

poll for internet title match vs Ligero

options are
Prince Ameen
Gabriel Kidd
Marty Scurll

Ha that's just barefaced fuckery right there

He AJ vs Dean feud thingy started strong but then they did the same thing the next week

and the one after that
and the one after that
and the one after that
and the one after that
and the one after that
and the one after that

I wonder what went wrong

Roster depth or someone backstage REALLY like Dean.

alright, I've finally had it with Ambrose. dude is terrible in the ring. he does everything SO SLOWLY, and I don't know is he just lazy or he just sucks, but I've had it with him. Styles deserves better than this.

Finally, the 'Ambrose is shit' camp is growing

I've been saying this since he left the shield.

It goes Rollins > Reigns > Ambrose

Top Bottom