• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

alright, I've finally had it with Ambrose. dude is terrible in the ring. he does everything SO SLOWLY, and I don't know is he just lazy or he just sucks, but I've had it with him. Styles deserves better than this.
It's laziness. Which is worse then the fact he sucks. Ambrose can put on a good match, and has shown the talent to be a decent technical wrestler. But he phones it in so much, which to me is a billion times worse then if he was just a bad wrestler. In FCW and earlier Shield days he was doing some cool stuff, and every now and again he'll bust out a hold but nothing much.

This started around the time his feud with Seth ended in 2014 and the guy probably thought 'if Roman and Seth are the ones getting the push and not me, I'll half-ass my midcard matches'.

jmdajr

Look what's on pre-order:

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-bandai-sh-figuarts/21537-wwe-triple-h-paul-michael-levesque-sh-figuarts--4549660112150.html

12468629_official-photos-for-wwe-triple-h-sh-figuarts_219775ee_m.jpg

cool

Kaladin

Seth Rollins is the future of this company. I think he just needs to go to Smackdown and get away from Stephanie and Triple H.

the entire shield is boring and shit individually

I loved them as a faction but I've gotta say, their various single runs have left a lot to be desired.
Capable of decent matches but I'll be damned if I can remember some actual thrilling plotlines they've been involved in....nope, nothing comes to mind except for green goo exploding mitb cases.

So basically booking woes/poor writing strikes again.

Kaladin

AJ is best as a cocky heel that can actually back up what he says. Give him a good long run at the top and then when you finally have someone beat him it will be major.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AJ had a horrific run as a face? Wasn't the only thing he had a feud with Jericho which would have been bad whether he was heel or face? And people were still cheering him in spite of that.

'Horrific' is about as reactionary a label as you can get for that.

But he's a very forced heel. I just don't buy it.
AJ's heel character is probably my favorite thing in WWE right now besides Jericho

I love him just being a total goober that has to let everyone know he beat John Cena every week. He's good enough in ring to be a believable champion but he's also a total dork. Say what you will about the AJ/Dean feud but their interactions have been hilarious

I was a bit annoyed a few weeks ago when they had him come out and give a stupid "hurr durr you people cheering me in the audience are stupid" promo. Sometimes it can work but most of the time it's like "hey, stop cheering for this person you like". AJ's character is full of himself and should be totally into the cheers. The Face That Runs The Place doesn't need that cheap heat, brother

AJ had a horrific run as a face? Wasn't the only thing he had a feud with Jericho which would have been bad whether he was heel or face? And people were still cheering him in spite of that.

'Horrific' is about as reactionary a label as you can get for that.
Maybe I used the wrong word, but his face run was dire. AJ's never really been known for his mic work, and his face run didn't give him the chance to deliver good work on it. Great matches all-throughout, particularly with the Reigns feud, but I can't recall one time he was any decent on the mic or even came off like a good babyface minus 'he wrestles good'. As a heel, like most are, he's a lot more comfortable and being pushed like a over-confident jerk who can back up his claims is a lot better then what he used to have.

Wait what?

For the last year and a half I've been watching every single WWE PPV from the first to current day.

Just watched Elimination Chamber 2015

I haven't had time to catch up on any other wrestling for ages....
I was out of the wrestling game for a few years before I discovered WWE network

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AJ's the goofiest cool heel ever. It's very weird. He's like a cooler version of Kurt Angle. But compared to other cool heels, he's a total goober. But a goober that you want to get behind.

But he's a very forced heel. I just don't buy it.

I think he's pretty good, he's just a type of heel the wwf hasn't had for a very long time - a heel who, when push comes to shove, can beat anyone clean, but just doesn't really care how he wins.

But wwf has trained their fans that all heels are chickens who need to cheat to win, so the interaction between AJ and the live crowds seem a bit off.

Heroman

Banned
For the last year and a half I've been watching every single WWE PPV from the first to current day.

Just watched Elimination Chamber 2015

I haven't had time to catch up on any other wrestling for ages....
I was out of the wrestling game for a few years before I discovered WWE network

AJ styles run in NJPW is the reason why people care about him. His best match so far in the wwe is probably be a c tier njpw match. Like real talk if you want to watch some good wrestling watch njpw .

AJ styles run in NJPW is the reason why people care about him. His best match so far in the wwe is probably be a c tier njpw match. Like real talk if you want to watch some good wrestling watch njpw .

I've seen tons of NJPW just none with AJ yet. I couldn't even guess the amount of PPV's I've watched in my time but its got to be hundreds....

I do plan to catch up on it. I've only seen sporadic Lucha Underground episodes too and I really like that.

I just want to be able to say that I've watched the entire WWE, WCW and ECW library before I move on.

Is this the first time you've watched through the Big Poppa Pump era wcw?

If so I envy you, if I could I'd delete all my memories of his run so I could watch all those glorious promos again

Tomorrow is the last night we'll see Akira Tozawa on a well booked show for probably the next 3 years.

His graduation ceremony is going to be tough to watch, but it should be an excellent match to go out on. I'm more excited for the Twin Gate match though, Yokosuka Ichoume vs CIMA & Dragon Kid, four guys you know will kill it in that sort of match.

Atomic Odin

New Live Show Featuring Cruiserweights Coming To WWE Network

WWE will announce plans for a new live television show airing on the WWE Network, Wrestling News World has learned.

The series will air weekly directly following Smackdown on the USA Network on Tuesday nights and will feature cruiserweight competitors. The new show will air in the timeslot that currently features Talking Smack, which will still air, but will be pushed back to the 11 PM ET hour.

This will add 52 hours of live programming to the WWE Network each year. When WWE announces the show we will carry an official press release.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/new-live-show-featuring-cruiserweights-coming-wwe-network/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've seen tons of NJPW just none with AJ yet. I couldn't even guess the amount of PPV's I've watched in my time but its got to be hundreds....

I do plan to catch up on it. I've only seen sporadic Lucha Underground episodes too and I really like that.

I just want to be able to say that I've watched the entire WWE, WCW and ECW library before I move on.

Just watch this one:
https://vimeo.com/102825529

It's kind of the match that cements AJ as the best in-ring performer in the world and shows his incredible versatility. The matches with Naito and Ibushi and all that are good but that's the match that shows that AJ isn't just a one dimensional big spots guy.

klonere

Banned
Tomorrow is the last night we'll see Akira Tozawa on a well booked show for probably the next 3 years.

The Losing Unit Disbands match will probably be his last great one unless he goes back to Japan.

That's....unfair. The Roman matches rank up there with his better NJPW bouts.

Is this the first time you've watched through the Big Poppa Pump era wcw?

If so I envy you, if I could I'd delete all my memories of his run so I could watch all those glorious promos again

Yeah I only ever dipped into WCW for matches like Sting vs Vader and Ric Flair vs Terry Funk etc... I never watched it thoroughly

ECW and WWE I am very familiar with but I am looking forward to watching some WCW stuff for the first time

Just watch this one:
https://vimeo.com/102825529

It's kind of the match that cements AJ as the best in-ring performer in the world and shows his incredible versatility. The matches with Naito and Ibushi and all that are good but that's the match that shows that AJ isn't just a one dimensional big spots guy.

Thanks mate :)

Top Bottom