• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Will a Smackdown crowd care about Cruiserweight action?

As much as people don't like the full sail/NXT crowds they certainly do respond well to the matches where as on RAW it seems no-one cares at all, even though I do understand they've yet to create a reason for anyone to care.

Yeah, if it's being filmed live after Smackdown I'm kinda concerned that the crowd might actually just start to leave.

justjim89

Are they killing Talking Smack and replacing it with this? Are they that uncomfortable with the fact that Smackdown has become that much better than Raw?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
These cruiserweights can cruiser wait brother is still one of my favorite internet wrestling creations.

makes me laugh every time

MG310

I'm guessing they'll do a better job of hyping up the post-show dark match main event for the live crowd to get them to stay.

Syder

WrassleGAF Power Rankings | Nov. 2, 2016

1. Browny
2. Xion385
3. illmatic22
4. Jamie OD
5. The Silver
6. HazySaiyan
7. Silexx
8. -Pyromaniac-
9. UrbanDandy
10. strobogo w/ moustache
11. jmdajr
12. Syder
13. Zach
14. SomewhatGravy
15. LiQuid!
16. Saitama
17. Toki767
18. Recall
19. serenewarfare
20. Pikma
21. DMczaf
22. Fox318
23. Tagyhag
24. slightconfuse
25. Mahonay

Dropped from the rankings: klonere, imbask
He's snuck his way into the midcard somehow.

1akmp5.gif

Hasney

If they actually treat this like an NXT type show and have actual fucking angles, then awesome. Maybe with their own show, they won't waste an hour of Raw getting the ropes ready.

Xion385

WrassleGAF Power Rankings | Nov. 2, 2016

1. Browny
2. Xion385
3. illmatic22
4. Jamie OD
5. The Silver
6. HazySaiyan
7. Silexx
8. -Pyromaniac-
9. UrbanDandy
10. strobogo w/ moustache
11. jmdajr
12. Syder
13. Zach
14. SomewhatGravy
15. LiQuid!
16. Saitama
17. Toki767
18. Recall
19. serenewarfare
20. Pikma
21. DMczaf
22. Fox318
23. Tagyhag
24. slightconfuse
25. Mahonay

Dropped from the rankings: klonere, imbask

I3lnCZS.gif

Wait.... Why am I on this list?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
God, a Hogan heel gimmick where he played his internet reputation to a crowd of smark types would be the funniest shit ever. Like in ECW or something.

'Listen brother, I don't know what a workrate is but I know I'm not working Hayabusa in the main event. I prefer Harleys, brother.'

Raw64life

6 hours of wrestling in a 48 hour span every week.

9 hours of wrestling in a 72 hour span every 2-3 weeks.

Please make it stop.

Hasney

God, a Hogan heel gimmick where he played his internet reputation to a crowd of smark types would be the funniest shit ever. Like in ECW or something.

'Listen brother, I don't know what a workrate is but I know I'm not working Hayabusa in the main event. I prefer Harleys, brother.'

Just make him commissioner of the Cruiserweights. Rich Swann and Cedric Alexander never get a title shot for reasons that are never explained.

6 hours of wrestling in a 48 hour span every week.

9 hours of wrestling in a 72 hour span every 2-3 weeks.

Please make it stop.

Just stop watching Raw. It makes life more enjoyable.

First the cruisers get their own NXT special
"Yes we want more of them!"
Then they get put on Raw, which has a bigger audience
"No I don't want this"
NOW they're getting their own show
"No I don't want this"

Well what the fuck DO you want?

Hasney

"No I don't want this"
"No I don't want this"

I've been excited for all of them. I want this, hopefully done right, which they haven't done on Raw.

klonere

Banned
"No I don't want this"
"No I don't want this"

something that is good I assume

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just make him commissioner of the Cruiserweights. Rich Swann and Cedric Alexander never get a title shot for reasons that are never explained.
Hogan tipping Kendrick
'Thanks for bringing the belt in, dude.'
'Hulk, that's not the courier. That's the champion'
Fred-Sanford.gif

Kaladin

Pro Tip WWE Viewing Schedule:

3 hours of wrestling per week

NXT, 205 Live, Youtube Highlights of Raw and Smackdown

6+ hours on PPV weeks

Verendus

Banned
Roman Reigns, Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, Braun Strowman and TBD

vs.

AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, and Baron Corbin

That's not bad. I mean, I have no idea who Baron Corbin is, and why he's in the match and not Joan Cena, but that Smackdown team is pretty good. Raw is about as good as it can get, and we still have one spot left to fill.

I'm assuming Team Raw is going to lose at Survival Series because Rollins will be the last spot, and Haitch will cost him. Or he's not the last spot, and Haitch just costs him anyway during the match.

But this PPV is four hours apparently? Since most of the stars are in this match, I hope this indicates my wish for a 30+ minute elimination match is coming true.

Hasney

vs.

That's not bad. I mean, I have no idea who Baron Corbin is, and why he's in the match and not Joan Cena, but that Smackdown team is pretty good. Raw is about as good as it can get, and we still have one spot left to fill.

I'm assuming Team Raw is going to lose at Survival Series because Rollins will be the last spot, and Haitch will cost him. Or he's not the last spot, and Haitch just costs him anyway during the match.

But this PPV is four hours apparently? Since most of the stars are in this match, I hope this indicates my wish for a 30+ minute elimination match is coming true.

Goldberg/Lesnar is going to be an Ultimate Iron Man Match. 2 hours, most falls wins.

Raw64life

You know that you don't have to watch everything, right?

I already mostly have Raw/Smackdown on as background noise on my TV while I'm doing something else. Just wondering why they think this is a good idea. And it's gonna be right after SD in the same arena. Half the crowd is going to leave the arena as soon as the SD main event ends.

vs.

This on paper looks like one hell of a shit match

Baron Corbin (Who?)
Dean Ambrose
Bray Wyatt
Randy Orton

AJ's team is full of people who are boring as hell to watch apart from him......

Hasney

I already mostly have Raw/Smackdown on as background noise on my TV while I'm doing something else. Just wondering why they think this is a good idea. And it's gonna be right after SD in the same arena. Half the crowd is going to leave the arena as soon as the SD main event ends.

Because they have an entire network to fill with content?

Verendus

Banned
Goldberg/Lesnar is going to be an Ultimate Iron Man Match. 2 hours, most falls wins.
This could be a serious problem, friend. This PPV could be terrible as a four hour show because they're forced to fill it with more nonsense.

I do have my hopes on the main elimination match being around 50 minutes though. Last two men are Reigns and AJ Style, and they pretty much go at it for fifteen minutes by themselves, until Roman claims victory. The 35 minutes before that can consist of a more traditional Survivor Series match.

Pikma

Banned
Also I'm pretty sure the SD writer will have some level of participation, considering it's haitch's pal, which is nice

Syder

This leaves RAW Talk to become the best post-show shoot fest.

I guess we all knew RAW would eventually cannibalise the best parts of SD.

205 LIVE sounds like a hairstyling cream.

Top Bottom