• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"Triple H and HBK compete in a Triple Threat match"
But who's the third man???

Oh right
I remember getting randomly annoyed they didn't have the beginning of the Rumble match marked for the 2004 event and then I remembered why.

It's one of very few events on WWE Network marked as TV-MA and I had assumed it was because of the winner of the Rumble match but it's actually because of the ridiculous amount of bleeding in the HHH/HBK match. The infamous Eddie Guerrero botched blade-job PPV is TV-MA also.

I remember getting randomly annoyed they didn't have the beginning of the Rumble match marked for the 2004 event and then I remembered why.

It's one of very few events on WWE Network marked as TV-MA and I had assumed it was because of the winner of the Rumble match but it's actually because of the ridiculous amount of bleeding in the HHH/HBK match. The infamous Eddie Guerrero botched blade-job PPV is TV-MA also.

Most of the ECW stuff is TV-MA too.

Good old violence

Browny

Banned
TGIF

mrmix9Y.gif

Former Germany goalkeeper Tim Wiese's WWE career got off to a 'winning' start in Munich on Thursday night.

Wiese was contesting a tag-team bout alongside partners Cesaro and Sheamus.

The 34-year-old, who won six caps for Germany, also revealed his nickname in the scripted entertainment series will be 'The Machine'.

The former Werder Bremen, Hoffenheim and Kaiserslautern player has packed on 40kg (88lb) of muscle since quitting football in 2014.

Quote - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37870066

Did BBC Sport just kill Kayfabe?

Here's a real Wrasslin' theme!
http://youtu.be/4sDMt19MkRk
lDkZJwW.gif

Beth Phoenix had the GOAT theme and that's a Glamazon shoot.
You knew shit was about to go down.

I think the last Rumble I enjoyed the end of was the Del Rio one, and even that was because of Santino.

Yep that was the last truly enjoyable one, it also had the repeated Orton/Cena teases and brawls to no crowd reaction which will forever crack me up as they tried to be 2001 Rock/Austin.

Jamie OD

I've been asking around a few places about what kind of features they want on DDT's new VOD service. Since they announced it a few months early I figured they have enough time to learn what the potential foreign market expects from these sites now that they've been around for a few years. And since I have an in with DDT due to my blog I offered to help them find out. They're open to suggestions but I have no guarantee they will use them.

So from the feedback I got so far fans want English subtitles for promos and video packages but interestingly most do NOT want English commentary (probably to avoid more exposure to Matt Striker). Other suggestions were an English FAQ and a decent tagging system. Is there anything else DDT Universe should have? I was thinking stuff like different payment options and Chromecast support.

I've been asking around a few places about what kind of features they want on DDT's new VOD service. Since they announced it a few months early I figured they have enough time to learn what the potential foreign market expects from these sites now that they've been around for a few years. And since I have an in with DDT due to my blog I offered to help them find out. They're open to suggestions but I have no guarantee they will use them.

So from the feedback I got so far fans want English subtitles for promos and video packages but interestingly most do NOT want English commentary (probably to avoid more exposure to Matt Striker). Other suggestions were an English FAQ and a decent tagging system. Is there anything else DDT Universe should have? I was thinking stuff like different payment options and Chromecast support.

Chromecast/Extra apps is the main one. Everything else you can figure out.

Zach

I think my favorite part of this thread is Zach talking to Data and never getting a response
Sometimes I wonder if Dato is in on the joke or just thinks I'm a weirdo. I guess now that someone has noticed the gag I can move on with my life.

I'll miss our unrequited love routine, Data West. Goodbye. I'll always remember you.

Paypal would be great, as some people prefer to have their CC info in one place, rather than a dozen places. English commentary doesn't bother me, but I think English subtitles for promos and the video packages would be a HUGE help - that's the biggest obstacle to DDT for foreign fans. The wrestling translates and a lot of the physical comedy translates, but sometimes there's no hope of figuring out what's going on unless you speak Japanese.

I'd like to see an archive or compilation of every Iron Man defence, while I'd LOVE to see DDT put up some of their OOP DVDs - like the 2011 campsite show, which I used to have the Dramatic Fantasia copy of, but now can't find any where and the DVD has long been sold out.

klonere

Banned

Subtitling is a nice bonus and I know it can be expensive, not sure if they could justify it for the ROI they'd get from English speakers.

The only two things I'd want are

- Competent search or tagging system
- Chromecast functionality.

Playlist! For God's sake, these streaming services need playlists.

Zach

2001: A Wrasslin' Odyssey is in the books. Weird finale. The Good, the Bad, and the Goofy.

Now if you'll excuse me...

1223238.gif

Styles Clash is a very theatrical finisher, which always goes over well with a live crowd.

The setup to the move is better then the actual move. I always enjoy that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He still didn't get as over as Bret, and Bret didn't have all that Lex Express money spent on him lol

I think Lex/Tatanka is one of the most hilarious feuds ever though

Bret had WAY more familiarity with the WWF crowds than Luger did. The only person who possibly got more over than Bret during the New Generation was Razor and that was only occasionally.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like there's poetic justice in BJW thriving and NOAH flopping.

Garbage. Wrestling. Rules.
Matsunaga>Misawa
Mr. Pogo>Kobashi
All your King's Road faves are trash

When it comes crashing down and hurts inside:
WvK1C.gif

Now that Kevin Owens has bought in, he should get his finisher branded with a co-marketing deal with Papa John's. Get that money with the Papa John's Papabomb.

Top Bottom