• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

This Jericho episode of the Ric Flair Podcast is so good. So much shooting on the shitshow end of days of WCW, a bizarre story about being summoned to McMahon's house, etc.

miserable

CwgDHnnUUAAUQyK.jpg

Anyone else tired of the way Gabe books Thatcher?

It reminds me of the nightmare reign of Gargano. He started as a face champion but people got tired of hes super man act, took to long to become a heel, and kept the belt for another long period as a heel. And when Gargano finally dropped the title to Ricochet it meant nothing, since Ricochet was already made and DGUSA was dying.

Gabe is really bad at booking long title reigns.

klonere

Banned
Anyone else tired of the way Gabe books Thatcher?

It reminds me of the nightmare reign of Gargano. He started as a face champion but people got tired of hes super man act, took to long to become a heel, and kept the belt for another long period as a heel. And when Gargano finally dropped the title to Ricochet it meant nothing, since Ricochet was already made and DGUSA was dying.

Gabe is really bad at booking long title reigns.

I wasn't around for Gargano's reign but I'm one of those guys that likes Thatcher and think his reign is somewhat picking up now from the doldrums of the Mania shows this year.

Anth0ny

Someone say Awesome WCW Crowds?!

spear.gif

crowdd.gif

fucking

goooooooooooooldberg

This Jericho episode of the Ric Flair Podcast is so good. So much shooting on the shitshow end of days of WCW, a bizarre story about being summoned to McMahon's house, etc.

I'd pay someone to go through all 67000000 different weekly wrestler podcasts, extract the interview portions only and delete all of the cringeworthy ads.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
more spins and flips traditionally makes dives look weaker to me. like if you have the time to do that many spins in the air then it makes you look light as a feather ie your body's not gonna hurt much when it hits

Umaga-BigSplash2.gif~c200

Standing%2BShooting%2BStar%2BPress%2B2.gif

Exodust

Banned
I've said it before when I rewatched some Attitude Era. The only 2 people worth watching were Stone Cold and Vince. And even their shtick got old after a while. That said, I consider Steve Austin a personal favorite and the guy I'd most likely call the GOAT if pressed to. 1996-1997 Stone Cold is my favorite pro wrestling character ever

I'd actually agree with you on Stone Cold being GOAT. Hard to argue otherwise.

One thing I want to bring up that I'm sure some will disagree with me on: I don't really like face Rock after he lost the sideburns and attitude. He was just spouting catchphrases and kissing up to the crowd then. I liked the Hawaiian shirt wearing blaxploitation bully he was before, especially as a heel.

Hollywood Rock turned things around but sadly that was shortly lived.

Also DX was only good when it was Haitch, HBK and Chyna(Rick Rude wasn't there long enough I guess). Ministry Taker and Biker Taker were both cool but Ministry was better as a character, and Mankind did the heavy lifting around everybody else.

Not sure if the last three are controversial. Just thought I'd add some more thoughts on that period.

Sephzilla

The only flip that makes a splash more devastating in my opinion is the 450 splash. Because there's actual physics that make it more devastating

Zach

Flipping through f-ball gamez and some commentators on this Florida/Arkansas game just talked about wrestling, Ric Flair, and being hit in the solar plexus. And then someone wooed.

:D

Top Bottom