• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Matticers

The crowd mic must be super low because they all keep stopping. Like they aren't sure if they'll even be loud enough to be heard over the crowd. It's kind of silly. Looks weird.

Zabka

Makes it easier to hide the chants/reactions they don't like, I guess. Also helps cover the crowd chanting vulgar things.

It's cutting off your nose to spite your face. Besides matches feeling less exciting, it also makes mild crowds come off as totally dead. Then you have moments like this where everyone's screaming over a crowd that doesn't sound loud at all.

This was the same segment posted earlier: https://twitter.com/ocbhoy/status/795740024029544448

It reminds me of when people bring up old matches and say "crowds aren't like that anymore". It's just the shitty WWE presentation neutering itself.

How the fuck most of you have never heard of this song?
Yea, I remember when the crowd was doing it at the Raw after Mania and people were like "idk it's a song that's popular in the UK"

Pretty sure it was popular everywhere

Bayley's handling of that was horrible. Just keep saying "at Survivor Series" over and over

shanafan

Because she's good?

You guys turn on literally everyone other than AJ Styles.

I don't think shes good at all. I haven't seen her put her body on the line at all. She has a bad gimmick, and just waves her arms around. What is she supposed to be?

Charlotte is goat. Moonsaults off the top rope outside the ring, puts on an incredible match at Hell in a Cell, and just really excels at being a heel. And, she is consistently getting better at her promos each week.

I really like Bayley but she's always been pretty bad on the mic. Great wrestler/character but her mic skills always just sound like she's a robot. Even the chance to improv on Raw Talk was so bad the panelists called her out.

Am I the only one who thinks they REALLY fucked up how they built Nia? It is completely and utterly realistic that any diva can beat her. They made her invincible. It's going to be a sudden nerf that causes her to lose.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
They need to get some improv lessons from Cena and AJ.

The "If you can't do better then it's not true" argument will always be silly, friend.

So is pretending that because "you took promo classes" and practiced in front of 100-1000 people you should be able to handle 15 WWE starved thousand people doing a chant. What a ridiculously high bar for being able to do your job.

ReiGun

It's cutting off your nose to spite your face. Besides matches feeling less exciting, it also makes mild crowds come off as totally dead. Then you have moments like this where everyone's screaming over a crowd that doesn't sound loud at all.

This was the same segment posted earlier: https://twitter.com/ocbhoy/status/795740024029544448

It reminds me of when people bring up old matches and say "crowds aren't like that anymore". It's just the shitty WWE presentation neutering itself.
I agree, but they're very invested in controlling as much of their presentation and message as possible. Probably isn't gonna change any time soon.

She sucks.

These women are all pretty bad though.

Hey, who's the best woman on the mic anyway?
Stephanie
Charlotte
Alexa
Becky
Then the rest.

Because she's good?

You guys turn on literally everyone other than AJ Styles.
And Shinsuke, though I'm sure the Gaf heel turn is coming for one of them.

Anth0ny

How the fuck most of you have never heard of this song?

Austrian artist DJ Ötzi recorded a cover version titled "Hey Baby (Uhh, Ahh)". It was released in July 2000 as the lead single from his debut solo album, Love, Peace & Vollgas.

that's peak attitude era, friend. I guess everyone was too busy listening to limp bizkit and kid rock to remember it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Am I the only one who thinks they REALLY fucked up how they built Nia? It is completely and utterly realistic that any diva can beat her. They made her invincible. It's going to be a sudden nerf that causes her to lose.

Thats a typical WWE heel tho. Is she bigger than everyone else? Then SHE"S A MONSTER DAMMIT!!!!!. She can't wrestle anything but SHE'S BIG AND STRONG.....AND BIG.........DAMMIT!!!!!

Top Bottom