• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

somedevil

Well its that or let the wrestlers take the holidays off and thats not gonna happen.

Smackdown was taped on Tuesday so they got the holiday off. TNA taped there thanksgiving show a week ago. So both companies given them this holiday off. The only people working are people in retail.

somedevil

Man, Dixie is even taller than Spud. Also, find it funny that Party Marty is wrestling tanahashi in England while Spudd is Dixie stooge.

strobogo

Banned
Happy Thanksgiving. Here are gifs of Goldberg murdering Kanyon.

ib2u7bH7aXfH10.gif

iCNR4WiabTe3R.gif

iuZLx9lUsF1RG.gif

iUxB1n0lO3JJE.gif

Alucard

Banned
Found a stream. How has Impact been in the first 20 mins in your opinion, GAF? Reading results on prowrestling.net. Curry Man?...Daniels?...

Say what you will but I like the idea of them bringing in enhancement talent for EC3 every week. They should get some heel jobbers and bring a new babyface up this way too.

Found a stream. How has Impact been in the first 20 mins in your opinion, GAF? Reading results on prowrestling.net. Curry Man?...Daniels?...

Anderson teased A8's burial. Dixie cut a shitty promo, Curryman sold for EC3 and that's it so far. I think the main event is a
survivor series
elimination match

I watched an episode of ROH TV today, and it was mostly kinda boring, but it could be that I'm not invested in any of those guys. Zack Bowen wrestled Matt Taven, Jay Brisco faced Silas Young, and Eddie Edwards faced Jay Lethal. No one really stood out to me, though Lethal/Edwards was okay. I like that they have all the vod packages and promos, gets me up to speed, but man Adam Cole seems like such an uncharismatic talker. Jimmy Jacobs too, kinda. I think I'd probably watch it again, but it's no NXT

Speaking of, I took advantage of ROH's 35% off DVD sale and ordered their El Generico DVD. Sami got me too hype

Alucard

Banned
Say what you will but I like the idea of them bringing in enhancement talent for EC3 every week. They should get some heel jobbers and bring a new babyface up this way too.

Well EC3 is basically the only young talent they're pushing right now, so it's something.

I like how they're building him. He's going to be confronted by
Sting
eventually.

Sam Shaw's coming in soon, and once AJ comes back, I expect a bit of a new talent initiative to kick into gear. TNA needs to start thinking past Angle, Sting, Bully, Daniels, etc. within the next 3-5 years.

Alucard

Banned
I watched an episode of ROH TV today, and it was mostly kinda boring, but it could be that I'm not invested in any of those guys. Zack Bowen wrestled Matt Taven, Jay Brisco faced Silas Young, and Eddie Edwards faced Jay Lethal. No one really stood out to me, though Lethal/Edwards was okay. I like that they have all the vod packages and promos, gets me up to speed, but man Adam Cole seems like such an uncharismatic talker. Jimmy Jacobs too, kinda. I think I'd probably watch it again, but it's no NXT

Speaking of, I took advantage of ROH's 35% off DVD sale and ordered their El Generico DVD. Sami got me too hype

You should've been watching the three weeks prior. They pieced out their Glory by Honor PPV into three separate TV episodes, and they were all great. Two weeks ago had a match of the year contender with Roderick Strong vs. Paul London.

I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but I'll probably catch it tomorrow evening. Watching Impact tonight.

Ithil

I like how they're building him. He's going to be confronted by
Sting
eventually.

Sam Shaw's coming in soon, and once AJ comes back, I expect a bit of a new talent initiative to kick into gear. TNA needs to start thinking past Angle, Sting, Bully, Daniels, etc. within the next 3-5 years.

Daniels is already in a good spot, really, the show isn't built on him and he's still a top performer in his midcard spot. The rest definitely though.

Alucard

Banned
NORV FERNUM AND DEWEY BARNES ARE THE FUTURE. PUSH THEM.

LOL @ Zema Ion still spinning annoying stuff during the promo. I'm down with this gimmick. I laugh more each time he does that annoying sound.

You should've been watching the three weeks prior. They pieced out their Glory by Honor PPV into three separate TV episodes, and they were all great. Two weeks ago had a match of the year contender with Roderick Strong vs. Paul London.

I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but I'll probably catch it tomorrow evening. Watching Impact tonight.
I do like Paul London. I'll give some of it a look.

Alucard

Banned
I do like Paul London. I'll give some of it a look.

ROH TV is a mixed bag sometimes, but you're usually guaranteed at least one really good match in 50 minutes of commercial-free video. I think they're going through a pretty good period right now, tbh. The problem is that they can't really show too many stories each week with only a 50 minute show.

Alucard

Banned
Was Crow Sting actually good in WCW? My memory's foggy about that period. I just remember him hanging out in the rafters a lot and pointing his bat at people.

Ithil

Was Crow Sting actually good in WCW? My memory's foggy about that period. I just remember him hanging out in the rafters a lot and pointing his bat at people.

Sure, he was pretty novel and well booked. Until Starrcade 1997, then it went to hell.

Alucard

Banned
Okay, so they're going the comedy route with the Aces and Eights funeral. Kind of a weird vibe considering how serious the group was, but taken out of context, this is oddly funny.

Top Bottom