• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Concord has been deleted… what happens to the episode of Secret Level that was going to be based on it?

That “game worlds” show Secret Level was going to have an episode based on the Concord.

Does it get deleted now? Does that show just lose one of its episodes?

Also… what if that episode is cool??

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’ve been wondering that, too. It’s gonna be awkward if they show it now… and it’ll be awkward if they don’t.

I feel like Sony is gonna try and relaunch Concord as a F2P game, though.

cormack12

Gold Member
It will prob just open with

This work of fiction was designed, developed, and produced by a multicultural team of various beliefs, sexual orientations, hair colours and gender identities. Thankfully the game fucking bombed and all these people are no longer allowed within 200m of any game studio's.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I’ve been wondering that, too. It’s gonna be awkward if they show it now… and it’ll be awkward if they don’t.

I was wondering that too. Whether Concord will make some kind of comeback..It's too much content to throw in the trash completely..

Last edited:
Wfxq3vJ.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
Dude who cares man. We all know everyone was going to skip this episode anyway because nobody cares about these dogshit characters.

Imagine watching this series and seeing badass Space Marines fuck shit up and Kratos and Jin Sakai and then you get an episode with a purple cat lady discussing the pronouns of a robot that looks like a garbage disposal with a morbidly obese woman who looks like she’s could be in a body positivity commercial where everyone says “slay queen!!” but where they all think “holy shit that behemoth is not gonna make it past 50”.

Deft Beck

Is Concord a tax write-off as it was a released product, it is not like that BatGirl movie for Warner?

Batgirl was never released, though.

There've been many fully released TV shows written off for taxes that can never legally be shown again without getting in trouble with the IRS.

whyman

100% there is no reason not too.

AzekZero

I don't think Concord will be relaunched. Very few people seem to be interested in Concord as an IP despite the marketing push.

But hey, maybe I just frequent the wrong places and there's actually a big fanbase for this game somewhere that's too broke to spend $40 upfront.

Griffon

There've been many fully released TV shows written off for taxes that can never legally be shown again without getting in trouble with the IRS.

So... it's very likely that Sony will go the tax write off route, instead of F2P. Since that even when the beta was free their numbers were abysmal, a tax write off will save them more money.

Meaning that Concord might be actually legally dead.

Last edited:

nah. a respectful hour / half hour (not sure how long the episodes are) of silence, complete with the image of a lovely wreath, could be a very tasteful, dignified way of dealing with things...

kevboard

you know what is crazy?
that image from the Concord episode apparently shows the character "Star Child".

yet the version in that shows immediately looks way cooler than the original version

original:
star-child-concord-1.jpg

Secret Level version:
ybXwCVo.png

in the game the red part of his head looks like it's some sort of plastic mask or something, with weird indents and stiff looking semi-triangular spikes on his chin.
his outfit being as bland as it gets, his entire skin is just blue fur + brown generic leather... thingy he's wearing... aside from the red face of course.

in this small snipped from the Secret Level trailer you can see his face looks way more organic with less nonsensical detail for the sake of detail, like it is actually supposed to be his skin. and the triangular stiff... thingies... on his chin are replaced with more organic looking spikes here. like something you could see a humanoid alien race looking like.
what is apparently blue fur/skin in the game version, seems to me like it is a blue skin-tight undersuit here. the same or a similar blue tone is also used on his shoulder pads and undercoat.

he has a way cooler looking subtle dark red tattoo or branding on his forehead, and apparently some sort of implant on the left side.

in the game he kinda gives me "dumb big guy who is supposed to be a big unga-bunga cave man" vibes... which is just boring in a scifi game.
in the show he gives me almost "Hellboy meets SciFi" kinda vibes, which is way more appealing to me.

which makes me wonder if this is even supposed to be the same character... if it is, then wtf happened?

If Amazon is still willing to keep making and showing episodes of Rings of Power, I don't see why they wouldn't just show the episode of Secret Level as-is because ultimately the game it's about doesn't matter just like how anything Tolkien wrote doesn't matter in RoP

MarkMe2525

Gold Member

I'm no tax expert, but I didn't think a products availability was relevant to it's tax implications. I thought it strictly had to do with if an investment lost money, as in if it did lose money, it's a write off as the tax man only taxes profitable assets. Please correct me if this is incorrect as I always paid a guy to do my companies taxes.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
My guess is they just scrap it and have one episode less than originally planned or something.

kevboard

I feel like the laws around this shit should be changed to where the company loses the rights to the specific movie or show and it becomes basically public domain.

havoc00

>the episode airs
>social media users blow smoke up sony's ass about how they wish the game got a fair chance
>they spend more money restructuring the game and launch it as f2p
>it relaunches later, once the social media crowd has already forgotten it exists
>still dead

Top Bottom