• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Hardware Sales Results for February 2007

rage1973

kallisto76 said:
360 CRACKDOWN 427K
WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 371K
NDS DIDDY KONG RACING 262K
WII LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS 130K
PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR 130K
360 GEARS OF WAR 119K
360 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL 2K7 113K
360 LOST PLANET: EXTREME CONDITION 111K
WII WARIOWARE: SMOOTH MOVES 109K
360 NBA STREET HOMECOURT 102k
Is this real?

WingM@n

gaf.jpg

Owzers

I see what's going on here...PS3 fans spinning this thread to be about Luke instead of Sony's numbers :p Bravo.

Anyway , vindication for Microsoft. Looks like the end of Sony fans saying that PS3 is going to "dreamcast" Xbox 360.

Vyer

AltogetherAndrews said:
The low numbers of the Ps3 don't bother me half as much as the high numbers for Wii. It's a price point thing, but it's still disturbing that a system like that could be this appealing to people. If this trend continues, say goodbye to advancements in AV and physics technologies, and welcome back Nintendo of old. Sony pushed the envelope and pushed to the market a solidly built and very powerful console, and the price is just too high. But the alternative, budget priced consoles with marginal power gap over the previous generation... ugh, that's a nasty vision of the future of the industry right there.

Hopefully this shit can be turned around with a price drop and good games.

You don't really believe this stuff you type, do you?

Where does the 360 fit in in this analysis?

The 'OMG gaming is doomed!' rhetoric is some of the worst to come from this generation.

xaosslug

kallisto76 said:
360 CRACKDOWN 427K
WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 371K
360 GEARS OF WAR 119K
BANNED

LJ11

X26 said:
Well your personal attacks on people are kind of pathetic, it's as if I were to mention the fact that you greatly resemble Entertianment Tonight's very own Steven Cojocaru

cojo.jpg

:lol

kevm3

Sony's pacing for unleashing media of their games is unbelievably BAD. Why do they constantly wait until big shows to unleash their game media and have huge periods of silence inbetween? Great way to keep gamers interested in buying the system Sony. They better do something big SOON. If Microsoft drops the price when Halo 3 drops, Sony is in for a slaughter. Who is going to pay nearly twice for a console with equal to inferior multiplatform games and with all of the 'big titles' months away with very little media on those titles?

Microsoft constantly keeps gamers updated on Halo 3 and Mass Effect, yet we have to wait months to get a couple of screenshots from Heavenly Sword. It's just idiotic the way Sony has been marketing the games. The more the 360 sales, the less third party exclusives Sony will get, and even worse, the less effort these parties will put into the PS3 version of multiplatform games.

Sony should find some way to drop the $600 version to $400 and be done with it.. and get back to focusing on THE GAMES.

Eteric Rice

AltogetherAndrews said:
The low numbers of the Ps3 don't bother me half as much as the high numbers for Wii. It's a price point thing, but it's still disturbing that a system like that could be this appealing to people. If this trend continues, say goodbye to advancements in AV and physics technologies, and welcome back Nintendo of old. Sony pushed the envelope and pushed to the market a solidly built and very powerful console, and the price is just too high. But the alternative, budget priced consoles with marginal power gap over the previous generation... ugh, that's a nasty vision of the future of the industry right there.

Are you kidding?...

CalMcRich

Looking at the data, I think that more than anything, PRICE is the determining factor in the console wars. Gaming is a hobby for most people, and Sony shot themselves in the foot by demanding the GDP of Guam for their newest console.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
kallisto76 said:
360 CRACKDOWN 427K
WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 371K
360 GEARS OF WAR 119K

Wow,

X26

Banned
rage1973 said:
It's not like SDF has never made any attacks towards Luke before I am sure.

Just because Wollan is a PS3 owner/fan and makes it known doesn't justify that kind of harrassment, he's far from a raving fanboy like fortified (or luke, lolol)

Strike

:0 @ PS3 and Wii numbers. I never expected it to get this bad and it's not even summer yet. Wii is still selling like gangbusters with a couple of mingames and PS3 can't even get anywhere near 200,000. They gotta be really worried because if it looks like this now, how ugly is it gonna be this fall when they have to go up against Halo 3 and Wii's heavy hitters? MGS 4, Home, R&C: Future aren't going to be enough. Unless they've got something up their sleeves for the supposed gamers day next month or E3, their killer app is a price drop.

Flyguy

ziran said:
Unfortunately for Sony I didn't.

Famitsu PS3 numbers for February = 86k
US = 127k
Canada = 6k

= 219k

It's worse than I thought.

Bebpo said:
If those numbers are real, Crackdown did well but still disappointing. Should've been a million seller :(

A million in the US alone in 2 weeks? C'mon now. It will hit 1 mil WW soon enough.

sonycowboy said:
Nintendo DS 485,000
Wii 335,000
PlayStation 2 295,000
Xbox 360 228,000
PlayStation Portable 176,000
Game Boy Advance 136,000
PlayStation 3 127,000
GameCube 24,000
Xbox 480

*Source: The NPD Group.

showtimegafnpd.jpg

(Illustration by junkwaffle)

Sony, I think a price drop at the end of the year would be suffucient and understandable. Unless you want to lose even more exclusives and potential buyers.

RumFore

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
PLEASE. We are here to discuss and it is not a drama. We are speaking about three companies that make a lot of money behind us. So, discuss is ok. Amusement too and a little bit disappointment too, but there are A LOT OF THING WAY MORE DRAMATIC ON THIS EARTH, so please, don't even begin with this pathetic statements.

No, I'm not joking. Not about these thing. I think that we can ALL understand that being a fan it's ok, but to make appear this a reason to live is just ridiculous !!!

Are you crying? Seriously thats a whole alot of drama over nothing.

F#A#Oo

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:

FrankT

kallisto76 said:
360 CRACKDOWN 427K
WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 371K
360 GEARS OF WAR 119K

Damn 360 owns software land.

Scum

Just got back from work and I'm glad I didn't miss this thread of legends and jpegs! Better late than never!

onoz.gif

Bebpo said:
Sony needs to rip out everything they can that's not essential to playing PS3 games and drop to $299 or they're ****ed.

What exactly can they remove?

They made an uber-sophisticated technologically advanced machine, and now they've got to sleep on it. Games are being made on Blu Ray, Cancer's being cured using the SPUs, some company's just made linux run on it, and now they've created a virtual World to stream media from and upload content to your hard drive. Can't change anything now, they've got to take it on the chin and prove the PS3 is worth the price.

Vaux

sonycowboy said:
Nintendo DS 485,000
Wii 335,000
PlayStation 2 295,000
Xbox 360 228,000
PlayStation Portable 176,000
Game Boy Advance 136,000
PlayStation 3 127,000
GameCube 24,000
Xbox 480

*Source: The NPD Group.
For a second their, I thought PS3 outsold 360.

Xbox 360 hw
2005: 607.000
2006: 3.897.000
2007: 522.000
tot: 5.026.000

WII hw
2006: 1.080.000
2007: 771.000
tot: 1.851.000

PS3 hw
2006: 688.000
2007: 371.000
tot: 1.059.000

Speevy

Banned
The PS3 number may be low, but not as low as the standards for our nation's schools. Are the teachers going to be held accountable? I blame President Bush. Ha Bush, that reminds me of a South Park Episode. Who saw the film "300"? I'm hungry.

[/divert]

Wiitard

Banned
PS3 is the boring story. The question is this: what does it tell us about the demand for HD gaming.

If we compare supply-constrained Wii vs. 360+PS3 it looks bad, put not hopeless. If we, however, choose Wii + PS2 vs 360+PS3 and remember that US is the most HD hungry place in the world right now (unless Europe pulls a huge surprise) things look absolutely terrible for HD gaming. So which one of those is the right comparison?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Apparently Sonic sold 80K in a week...not shabby, but I thought it would do better.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Bebpo said:
If those numbers are real, Crackdown did well but still disappointing. Should've been a million seller :(

Crackdown shipped on Feb. 20th, it sold 427k in 8 days.

Link

The Autumn Wind
v1cious said:
it went from 487,000 to 335. tell me what's not true about this statement.
It sold 436k in January and it was a 5 week month. It barely slowed down at all.

Bebpo

Banned
Here's the main question:

If by adding the blu-ray drive in the PS3, Sony propelled blu-ray to win and take off, and if Sony gets rich (makes more money from movies than they would have from consoles/games) off blu-ray royalties for the next ten years+,

...was that worth throwing the console market for?

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I have no comment in this thread except for: :lol :lol :lol

I think we may have finally passed the 'GC sold well when it 1st came out too' stage.

F#A#Oo

Banned
kallisto76 said:
Xbox 360 hw
2005: 607.000
2006: 3.897.000
2007: 522.000
tot: 5.026.000

WII hw
2006: 1.080.000
2007: 771.000
tot: 1.851.000

PS3 hw
2006: 688.000
2007: 371.000
tot: 1.059.000

WAY OFF...:lol

Nameless

Looks like 360 has the next generation war wrapped up. I honestly didn't expect the PS3 to sell below 200k this soon. Good Wii numbers, but I still think part of is people who wanted one during the holidays finally getting systems.

careksims

For me, Sony just needs more games down the works. All this waiting makes me a sad panda. Yay for Wii though! Now use that money to make more games too!

Top Bottom