• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2014 [Up2: XB1/360 hardware, PS4 #1/XB1 #2 best selling]

Yes selling more games is a complete irrelevance and should be ignored.
They didn't sell more games this month.

If they did they wouldn't be saying "Xbox One continues to lead in software sales with the most cumulative units sold for any eighth generation home console platform life-to-date." Emphasis on the bolded.

Sony never gives out hardware numbers. We always have to wait for leaks. Nothing suspicious about it.

It's very suspicious. Just give us the numbers if you're in the lead.

Sony always provided sales data during the glory days of the PS2 and the early years of the PS3. Then something happened and the hardware numbers for PlayStation consoles disappeared.

Bone needs to be at $350 or lower to gain some momentum in its strongest market.

As for the rest of the world, god knows how little it sold...

Foshy

It's very suspicious. Just give us the numbers if you're in the lead. They always did during the glory days of the PS2.
How is it suspicious this month when they haven't been doing it for years? PS4 has been in the lead every month minus December. There's literally nothing you can read into them not giving numbers out.

Xyrmellon

Before everyone starts burying the X1 with the Vita, let's see the rest of the numbers. I'm betting Nintendo's ain't pretty....

Just to give a better perspective

March (5 weeks) - 311,000 units sold -->62,200 units per week
April (4 weeks) - 115,000 units sold -->28,750 units per week

What the hell. Talk about a complete collapse, wow. The Xbone is dangerously close to WiiU territory.

MikahR

Banned
They're always absent. Sony doesn't give out numbers, period.

So, wait... The people who are making fun of XO's numbers have no idea how much higher PS4 numbers are? All we know is that they're higher, but... what if they're only 10-15k higher?

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
They didn't sell more games this month.

If they did they wouldn't be saying "Xbox One continues to lead in software sales with the most cumulative units sold for any eighth generation home console platform life-to-date." Emphasis on the bolded.

Yeah that's what I took from that as well. PS4 closed the gap this month.

Bundy

Banned
InFamous really fell off huh?

N3glQet.png

115k isn't world ending, but May is going to suck for them. Announcing the $400 version this early will kill them their May numbers.

They did terribly in April, and even without announced the price cut they were going to do terribly in May. Might as well announce now, get some press and they also get to blame the poor performance in April and May (even though it was just announced this month) on the impending price cut.

I feel the X1 is not competitivly priced in Canada, $399 vs $449 (PS4). Still I don't think it will catch the PS4. I am not sure if Canada is included in NPD, I don't think it is.

dakun

If Xbone isn't the top selling console in June, MS is screwed. They won't be able to pull another pricecut for a long time, and the longer the PS4 stays on top the harder it gets to ever come back with online communities being so important.

i think it has a good chance to top the charts in June.. but i have the feeling that it will only be a short bump for the sales. I doubt it will sell more than the PS4 the months following the price cut. (July, August ..)

Wow, 115k is bad. Not "below the PS4 but still good in its own right", but objectively bad. Still not as bad as the $600 PS3's first April, though, for what that's worth.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So, I guess a silver lining for Nintendo looking at the software chart is the Lego series looks to be stronger than ever, and that is one 3rd party series not totally dead on Wii U.

So yay?

I wonder if MS will still disclose the XB1 numbers (next month) if they are below 360 sales.

Infamous SS didn't chart? What the hell are the PS4 users playing? Twitch Plays Pokemon?

COD Ghosts, based on the NPD (as well as the other multiplatform games).

Titan Fall continuing to sell gangbusters.

Good for Respawn. Well deserved. Absolutely fantastic game.

As for Xbox One.... yikes. I guess we can see why Microsoft needed to drop the price and ditch Kinect.

Moofers

Where are people seeing specific numbers for Titanfall? I see a lot of "360 version killed the Xbone!" but I don't see specific numbers in the link anywhere. Am I blind or are people pulling stuff out of their ass?

TomShoe

Banned
So, wait... The people who are making fun of XO's numbers have no idea how much higher PS4 numbers are? All we know is that they're higher, but... what if they're only 10-15k higher?

Mortimer tweeted that this month's NPD was basically a repeat of January's, but with lower numbers. The PS4 nearly doubled the XBO's sales.

If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you friend.

Or you could try to actually reply to my comment with a sensible, fact based post.

Seriously, point out exact what was wrong with the logic of my post. Isn't that why we are here? For sensible discussion? If we're just going to troll and insult each other we might as well be on some image chan with the rest of the kids.

LOL. The system is doing 76% better than the 360 did at $500. :)

Still, 115k is on the lower side of things, but it probably could have been worse.

Because of a front loaded launch. What is so damn hard to understand about that? The issue is sales have tapered off, and it's tracking way behind the 360 for it's first quarter and in monthly sales.

Top Bottom