• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2014 [Up2: XB1/360 hardware, PS4 #1/XB1 #2 best selling]

It's very suspicious. Just give us the numbers if you're in the lead.

Sony always provided sales data during the glory days of the PS2 and the early years of the PS3. Then something happened and the hardware numbers for PlayStation consoles disappeared.
So are you going to dispute their 7 million+ sold-through (to customers) claim yet?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
N3glQet.png

Top selling software of the PS4, right?

Volcane

No wonder they're dropping Kinect. Though might not be enough. They're going to have, to have a stellar E3 to turn things around.

I feel the X1 is not competitivly priced in Canada, $399 vs $449 (PS4). Still I don't think it will catch the PS4. I am not sure if Canada is included in NPD, I don't think it is.

It's not included in the figures we're looking at, but NPD tracks it separately. On rare occasion, we'll see those.

Kiote

Wouldn't that be June, and July? You know, since it's basically coming out at the very end of the month. :p

May 30th falls in to the Next NPD report, so it's very possible that the Wii U could do 100k+ off Mario Kart Bundles, Preorders and Preemptive console purchases.

Of course, if everyone buys them directly from Nintendo and refurbs, like GAFers are, I don't think that will get counted lol.

Proponent

Banned
I called it! I called the XB1 in the prediction thread at 100K! I was 15k away from the bulls eye! Pretty damn close.

I predicted PS4 at 200K. I'm betting now probably closer to 225K.

jett

D-Member
People sure love fucking lego.

Seems the xbox brand is in the shitter at the moment. May will undoubtedly be much worse with everyone knowing that a cheaper SKU is coming in June.

keit4

Banned
I think PS4 will still be on top thanks to Watch_Dogs unless there still some supply issue but I don't think so.

Watch_Dogs is coming out this month? Uh, it doesn't matter, remember that people is not buying the PS4 version of the game because is not 1080p/60fps.

lol

Not great numbers for the Xbox but its bound to get better.

And wow, did Infamous tank real quick. I have no idea what games PS4 users are playing right now.

Gorillaz

They need to change the message completely. That will still hurt them even with the price drop since they still have a "dark cloud" over them imo.

Mindshare is not in there favor as of right now

N.Domixis

Banned
Bu bu the reason they dropped kinect was because they have to many megaton games and want to get this out of the way! They dropped kinect because their sales dropped of. A cliff again after the supposed game changer known as titanfall.

ascii42

May 30th falls in to the Next NPD report, so it's very possible that the Wii U could do 100k+ off Mario Kart Bundles, Preorders and Preemptive console purchases.

Pre-orders don't count as sales until the actual sales take place, but otherwise, yes.

Sakura

Xbox One: 115K (This would be lower than any 360 April sans this one.)
Dang. They keep pulling the "outpacing 360" card, but that's only because of the strong launch numbers. Reminds me of how the 3DS was outpacing the DS...

Gartooth

MK8 releases at the tail end of May, so if that game has any pull on Wii U sales then I would assume it would be more apparent in the June NPD rather than May.

Curufinwe

I called it! I called the XB1 in the prediction thread at 100K! I was 15k away from the bulls eye! Pretty damn close.

I predicted PS4 at 200K. I'm betting now probably closer to 225K.

Someone who knows the actual number said under 200K. I believe him or her.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Eh its not all that bad IMO. Certainly not positive. Made worse by the percentage drop from last month. Still not as bad as PS3s first April. I expect May to be worse.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Okay I updated the OP a bit.

The PlayStation 4 was the best selling hardware this month, and the Xbox One was the second best selling hardware this month.

So everything besides those two is less than 115K.

Top Bottom