• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2007

Luckyman

Banned
Skilotonn said:
And didn't Sony say that the PS3 sold "200,000k a week"? Guess it turned out to be fishy BS like September once again...

Eh, december and Europe?

:lol @ Microsoft 2:1 claim. Not even close.

Threi

notag
So basically software is selling well on all consoles and handhelds.

Hardware is selling in line with the already-known popularity of all the consoles and handhelds.

GAF has nothing to bitch about on all sides-

oh why am i fooling myself.

bitch on.

NolbertoS

Holy shit...this thread is moving fast. I was on page 1 and refreshed it after reading for 10 minutes and now it's 5 pages. AND I take it Nothing can stop the Wii machine. Although MS numbers are great, until they get those numbers in Japan, overall they'll be stuck in 2nd.

holy fucking shit at COD4, never expected that.

I don't really think SMS did better than SMG..If I remember correctly it sold 500k in the first month

from the ps3 forums
"no its not terrible for the ps3 better than what it used to be and its only getting better not to mention but this is december lol and america is full of xbox fans that go off word i am american ...african american.."

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
botticus said:
Oh, also: Zelda + Nintendogs bundles.

Oh Nintendogs...wonder if it can sell enough this christmas to outsell the top selling game from last gen, GT 3.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Uncharted at 117k?!!?!?

Holy fuck, EPIC fail from Sony. EPIC EPIC EPIC fail.

Their marketing department has to go back to the drawing board.

Kosma

Banned
All in all things are looking up for the HD consoles it seems. Great software and hardware sales, I think gaming is saved for now.

117k for Uncharted. Jesus, it's the best PS3 game (next to COD4). Sony marketing needs to go.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
This isn't meant as a flame- but what are peoples rationale for saying PS3 hardware is "ok" etc. ? To me that's a pretty low number considering Sony's P.R about the price cut having a huge affect plus the traditional holiday upswing.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Really, despite nearly all other software bombing for PS3, those are some (imo) fantastic numbers for CoD4 and AC, considering it's on PS3 and all.

DeadGzuz

Banned
CALL OF DUTY 4
360: 1.57m/9.43m = 16.7%
PS3: .444m/2.91 = 15.3%

ASSASSIN'S CREED
360: .980m/9.43 = 10.4%
PS3: .377m/2.91m = 13.0%

Remember the install base guys, it seems both platforms bought games in Nov.

Intall base number for US from those shaky VGA chartz guys.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
itsgreen said:
DS: wow
360 hardware: meh
360 software: wow
PS3 hardware: will get there
PS3 software: omfg. very poor.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Wollan

Skilotonn said:
And didn't Sony say that the PS3 sold "200,000k a week"? Guess it turned out to be fishy BS like September once again...
Wasn't that Europe? (comment by Stringer)

Also, lol @ Uncharted sales. Undeserved for ND, deserved for Sony for not creating an event around the release.

Mamesj

Banned
jj984jj said:
Going by this month's hardware sales it doesn't look like the gap will be closing anytime soon! I wonder how sympathetic 3rd parties are going to be about it, maybe they'll be more considerate than they were with GCN last generation.

I hate to say it, but I do think 3rd place is solidifying.

Anasui Kishibe said:
from the ps3 forums
"no its not terrible for the ps3 better than what it used to be and its only getting better not to mention but this is december lol and america is full of xbox fans that go off word i am american ...african american.."

Whaaaaaatttt??

Brannon

sprocket said:
Why so surprised? the 360 has been out longer and has about 3 times the userbase in America.

I'm never going to stop being surprised. I know better, but it still shocks me that the 360 userbase is so game-purchasingly rabid. That's a good thing, by the way.

Man..Nintendo. Just...absolute BEASTS. The DS...WOW.

The 360 did awesome. I'm proud of Mass Effect :). Holy shit @ Assassins Creed. 360 owners are just hungry beasts. Galaxy was well deserving. Anyone know anything about how Uncharted and Ratchet are doing? Seriously good games that don't seem to be getting the love :(.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
LukeSmith said:
The GH3 Wii number is still really surprising. They did fix the mono issue, right?

Not in time for these figures, I'd imagine. Hope lots of people have really old TVs. :lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Yes, very. EBGames.com orders are backed up into January..

What?

You can walk into any of the 4 GameStops in my area and they have like 6 Rock Bands stacked up.

They're not that hard to find at all.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Luckyman said:
:lol @ Microsoft 2:1 claim. Not even close.

It could definitely be true for the Black Friday week. Remember, PS3 had its price cut at the beginning of the month.

Holy shit at COD4 and AC...on both platforms. COD4 is the biggest debut for a PS3 title by far.

Keep in mind that GH3 has 3 SKUs on 360, if all 3 sold 150k, it would be in the top 10.

zsidane

Stratospheric numbers for both Activision and Nintendo (where's EA??).
Very disappointing PS3 numbers.

Wii shortage is gonna hurt December numbers badly (what about those 3.5m holiday season theories?)

JB1981

Y2Kev said:
Uncharted at 117k?!!?!?

Holy fuck, EPIC fail from Sony. EPIC EPIC EPIC fail.

Their marketing department has to go back to the drawing board.
don't think it's the marketing, just the genre.

sony is going to start making post-apocalyptic shooters w/ bald space marines ad infinitum now.

:(

ok, so it took Metroid four months to reach something like 495k, what does that mean it sold this month? (since we have all the other numbers)

antiloop

mood said:
If 360 hardware sales were disappointing last year with 511k, the PS3 sales are abysmal. I guess lowered expectations though.

But isn't this the PS3 we are talking about? Made by the devil.

*Sheds a tear for Uncharted* :(

itsgreen

jj984jj said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Truth. I'm not counting sony down yet... those bastards have a lot of price drops coming to them.

ccbfan

Wow those 360 software numbers are mind boggling.

Wow those Nintendo hardware numbers are mind boggling.

Wow those Sony numbers are mediocre.

Basically like every other month expect with in a larger scale since its November.

If we get any extra numbers, I'd like to know how Trauma Center: New Blood did. I ask because I'm afraid it's bombed. The (incredibly shitty) leaderboards seem to be very small, although it's hard to say.

I expected Call of Duty to be #1 this month combined, but wasn't sure even the 360 version could top the charts. Wow.

GHIII Wii > GHIII 360 is odd. Shortages? Or has the 360 demographic just moved on. Or maybe Rock Band is at fault?

Is that PS2 GHIII the bundle w/guitar?

Console hardware sales are spread okay. We have 3 viable systems here. The PS3 is trailing, but it isn't dead. It did the same as the Xbox's second November, actually.

The DS is crazy. I wonder how CoD4 did on the DS. I'm still stunned there is such a thing.

Top Bottom