• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2007

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Prediction- 360 will beat Wii in hardware in December. Don't see Nintendo supplying much more next month as they did in November.

Leonsito

Uhmmm, I wonder what stock does Nintendo have for Wii in December, if there isn't stock ready they can be #3 in December.

And how much DS's are gonna being sold in December? Holy fuck...

Arde5643

ccbfan said:
Wow those 360 software numbers are mind boggling.

Wow those Nintendo hardware numbers are mind boggling.

Wow those Sony numbers are mediocre.

Basically like every other month expect with in a larger scale since its November.
And expect even better numbers on December for both Ninty and MS.

Poor Sony though.

Teriyaki

davepoobond said:
i dont understand why there isn't a single fucking DS game in the top 10

I think most DS sold during the holidays were bundles (i.e., w/ Zelda). Not sure how they count those though.

schuelma said:
This isn't meant as a flame- but what are peoples rationale for saying PS3 hardware is "ok" etc. ? To me that's a pretty low number considering Sony's P.R about the price cut having a huge affect plus the traditional holiday upswing.
Because it was higher then what I predicted. I guess we're getting used to the low numbers.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Barnolde said:
Why didn't you fuckers buy Uncharted?!
Well, apparently the majority of the PS3 users were busy with COD4 and AC.

At least Uncharted is doing better than in Japan, right? Right?

Kusagari

Why are only multiplatform games selling on PS3? Outside of the launch games, now it seems like only stuff like CoD4 and Creed are selling. Sony's own exclusives are getting death knelled.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
So, company reactions this month:

Nintendo: "Well, we didn't quite make it to a million on the Wii front, but look at the DS go, it outsold EVERY Sony console this month put together, top that".

Microsoft: "The 360 has sold at expectations this month, this coupled with excellent software sales means we are very happy with our current situation"

Sony: "Well the 'Playstation Family' of consoles has outsold.....er, our software this month has done really.....hang on, well we sold more PS3s that 360 sold at this point las.....no can't use that, well we'll outsell them by 2011, Screen Digest said so, byee!"

Edit: You bastard Wii Owners didn't buy Zack and Wiki, nor you PS3 owners Uncharted, you all can die in a fire, fucktards.

kassatsu

Banned
So where is all the software for the ds. 1.5million units sold and no software in top ten.

Spawn99 said:
The best PS3 game only sold 117k

I'm not surprised.

53r62dl.gif

Look again.

itsgreen

Arde5643 said:
And expect even better numbers on December for both Ninty and MS.

Poor Sony though.

Yup december is always november x2. So that should account for great sales. Thinking Nintendo is harmed by the shortages though, I think we could see 360 on top. And PS3 topping out 700k

f@luS

More than a member.
zsidane said:
Stratospheric numbers for both Activision and Nintendo (where's EA??).
Very disappointing PS3 numbers.

Whats dissapointing, you were expecting PS3 to top 360 this month? Its 2 Ps3 for 3 X360, its not that bad, its the same in EU but just switch places. Overall theyre selling equally and its great for us , consumer !.

Still , wow @cod4. I wish we had EU sales number, and not only charts, because hes #1 in almost every country (or 2)

Crateman

*DS numbers are incredible! 1.53 million?!?!?!??!!??! That's...wow.

*I'm really happy for the Mass Effect numbers.

*SMG = The gem in Nintendo's crown.

*COD4 numbers don't surprise me. The game is aimed 100% to the Xbox 360 audience.

*PS3 good numbers. Not as good as I would like them to be, but I can't complain. Oh, and lets remember how PS3 it's just blowing the competition out of the water in Europe. -Defense force: Engage!!!

so...for future NPDs...big games...are we looking at 1 million for the 360 version, 350k for the PS3??

PS3 owners need to be buying more games

Seriously, even if it's by design not a system seller, you'd think it'd at least sell to current PS3 owners. But no, motherfuckers are too busy buying Assassin's Creed. PS3 owners can kiss my ass.

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Assassin's Creed outsold Uncharted on PS3? And by that much? Gah.

It's pretty much time for me to purge my friends list of those who are part of that Ass Creed defense force (or they can just take me off their lists). Please come clean and do it, I need the room.
Indifferent2.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
omg rite said:
What?

You can walk into any of the 4 GameStops in my area and they have like 6 Rock Bands stacked up.

They're not that hard to find at all.

You can go to the website and look at what I said. Also, my Amazon order took 12 days to fill.

I found them to be hard to find. Maybe your personal experience is different.

Looking at listed ship times, they are hard to find.

bendak

squicken said:
As much as CoD4 and Ac are in line with the userbase, isn't Mass Effect vs Uncharted out of line? 360 owners supported the new IP.

That's because 360 owners are software whores. Everyone I know with a 360 got pretty much all the games on this list.

Booda

Thumbs up for CoD4, SMG, Mass Effect, GHIII Wii. Hope Mass Effect will hang in there next month.

The 360 failed to outsell the PS3 by 2-1. Moral victory for Sony?

LukeSmith

AltogetherAndrews said:
Seriously, even if it's by design not a system seller, you'd think it'd at least sell to current PS3 owners. But no, motherfuckers are too busy buying Assassin's Creed. PS3 owners can kiss my ass.

Et tu, Brut?

AirBrian

LTTP, but I'm glad CoD4 and Galaxy sold so well. Both games deserve each and every single one of those 1 million plus sales.

Arde5643

Kittonwy said:
It's pretty much time for me to purge my friends list who's part of that Ass Creed defense force (or they can just take me of their lists). I need the room.
Indifferent2.gif
Lovers of Assassin's Mediocreed can kiss my ass too.

Poor Uncharted.

FFChris

f@luS said:
3X installed base, 3X software sales. I would say normal.

We have 4 wii , for 3 xbox 360, and 2 PS3 in USA
We have 4 wii, for 3 PS3 , and 2 xbox 360 in EU
We have 12 wii, for 4/5 PS3 , and 1 XBOX 360 in JP.

Huh?

squicken said:
As much as CoD4 and Ac are in line with the userbase, isn't Mass Effect vs Uncharted out of line? 360 owners supported the new IP.

Not only that, ~300kish 360 owners paid $170 to support Rock Band. I think that's far more amazing.

schuelma said:
Prediction- 360 will beat Wii in hardware in December. Don't see Nintendo supplying much more next month as they did in November.

Very likely at this point. The problem is that now Wii's sales in Japan started to go up again and in Europe Wii is pratically sold out everywhere.
I don't think that Nintendo is able to increase much Wii's shipments.

Booda said:
Thumbs up for CoD4, SMG, Mass Effect, GHIII Wii. Hope Mass Effect will hang in there next month.

The 360 failed to outsell the PS3 by 2-1. Moral victory for Sony?

The only victory for Sony this month are the PS2 numbers. Quite incredible.

Arde5643

Vyse The Legend said:
Not only that, ~300kish 360 owners paid $170 to support Rock Band. I think that's far more amazing.
Cue Harmonix + EA shooting their balls after seeing GH3 sales on Wii. :lol

Top Bottom