• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2007

Mrbob

AltogetherAndrews said:
Seriously, even if it's by design not a system seller, you'd think it'd at least sell to current PS3 owners. But no, motherfuckers are too busy buying Assassin's Creed. PS3 owners can kiss my ass.

:lol :lol

Let it go, man!

Let.

It.

Go.

mood

gkrykewy said:
LOL at all the "good considering install base" comments - same crap, different year.

Nothing is ever bad in the world of Sony. 360 had gears last year that sold over a million its debut month. The best game for PS3 is COD4 with less than half a million...

GHIII doing so well on Wii actually falls in line quite nicely with the Wii being detrimental to gaming.

And stop hating on Assassin's Creed. Sure it's no Bioshock, but that just means its actually fun.

GhaleonEB

squicken said:
As much as CoD4 and Ac are in line with the userbase, isn't Mass Effect vs Uncharted out of line? 360 owners supported the new IP.
Mass Effect was purchased by 6.0% of the 360 userbase, Uncharted was purcahsed by 4.8% of the PS3 userbase. Not a huge difference.

Someone said Halo 3's numbers were low, but this is month three. It's at 4.1m units now, or 52% of the 360 installed base. It sold 820k in October and November, numbers most games would kill for. Like Uncharted, for example. :p

Rocksteady33

I'm thinking lack of software on the DS front is partially to blame to the Nintendogs/Zelda bundles because those games are not charted.

However I'm surprised to not see at least one of the fantastic five on the chart (New Super Mario Bros., Animal Crossing, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Mario Kart DS, Brain Age.)

itsgreen

Yeah yeah yeah PS3 has a smaller install base, but it still grows less than its competitors every month.

So if the PS3 gets 400k extra, 360 gets 700k extra.

That is a problem for the PS3, for now. A big one.

hie

DeadGzuz said:
CALL OF DUTY 4
360: 1.57m/9.43m = 16.7%
PS3: .444m/2.91 = 15.3%

ASSASSIN'S CREED
360: .980m/9.43 = 10.4%
PS3: .377m/2.91m = 13.0%

Remember the install base guys, it seems both platforms bought games in Nov.

Intall base number for US from those shaky VGA chartz guys.

unfortunately...publishers only really care about 'install base' and how many units are selling. period.

MS knew this. everybody knows this.

BobLoblaw

Banned
PS3 sales are way better than they have been, but compared to the 360 and Wii...

ohnoes.gif

Jammy

Banned
How much software are we going to get outside of the top ten? The software prediction thread made it seem like we'd be getting RE: UC and Mario and Sonic numbers.

Either way, thanks driley for the Uncharted numbers!

Booda said:
The 360 failed to outsell the PS3 by 2-1. Moral victory for Sony?
They were talking about black friday week... Unfortunately there's no way of proving who was right given we have to take the rest of the month into account.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kittonwy said:
It's pretty much time for me to purge my friends list of those who are part of that Ass Creed defense force (or they can just take me of their lists). Please come clean, I need the room.
Indifferent2.gif

Why am I not on your friends list >:|?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Comparison between Galaxy and Sunshine please ?

It's back in the thread- I think it was something like Galaxy outsold what Sunshine did in Sept, Oct, and Nov combined

w10

LukeSmith said:
The GH3 Wii number is still really surprising. They did fix the mono issue, right?

Ya - it's a big # but - Mass/casual game for mass/casual platform.

I think the reason the 360 GHIII #s didn't compete was a) rock band split the market and b) if bundle and software only #s were split out (i think they were), wii owners all went bundle cause of no GHII, whereas on 360 many people probably bought software only.

GitarooMan said:
WOW at Assassin's Creed, it's like what Ubi wished happened with Prince of Persia - Sands of Time.

Damn you. WE WILL HAVE PoP NEXT GEN! Seriously though, Assassins Creed did have pretty sweet commercials, and admist drowning in all of the shooters this fall seeing a badass sword wielding assassin must have just drove sales up the wall for the game.

As far as Uncharted...wow. I mean honestly the game had some pretty sweet advertisements on the tube.

TunaLover

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Very likely at this point. The problem is that now Wii's sales in Japan started to go up again and in Europe Wii is pratically sold out everywhere.
I don't think that Nintendo is able to increase much Wii's shipments.

The same thing as the last year

GhaleonEB said:
Mass Effect was purchased by 6.0% of the 360 userbase, Uncharted was purcahsed by 4.8% of the PS3 userbase. Not a huge difference.

Someone said Halo 3's numbers were low, but this is month three. It's at 4.1m units now, or 52% of the 360 installed base. It sold 820k in October and November, numbers most games would kill for. Like Uncharted, for example. :p

The difference is that ME will have a sequel, uncharted may not now :(

perfectchaos007 said:
Where's the portable software? 1.5 million DS games sold and no DS game making the top 10 is kinda unbelievable.

Why ? PSP is selling like crazy since almost always and with abysmal software's sales that are far worse then DS's.

GhaleonEB said:

Any thoughts on how much the price drop attributed to the PS3 numbers, versus the fact that it's November?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
gkrykewy said:
LOL at all the "good considering install base" comments - same crap, different year.
In their idealistic world
3rd parties: Poor Sony isn't getting as much hardware out there as Nintendo or MS, but what small fanbase they have are buying some of our games. I know! Let's put all our focus on PS3 instead of the 360 because we hate money!!!! Attach-rate! Attach-rate! Attach-rate! Attach-rate! Attach-rate!

FrankT

Just for the record I bought Uncharted. The only PS3 game for the month. Everyone one of those other 360 games however. So how did Uncharted fair in the end? How much?

360 is the software king as usual.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Smiles and Cries said:
Just think if NPD counted TRU sale numbers the Wii would have been over 1 million :O
And SMG would likely be a lot higher with their whole coupon deal that first week.

Arde5643

Son of Godzilla said:
GHIII doing so well on Wii actually falls in line quite nicely with the Wii being detrimental to gaming.

And stop hating on Assassin's Creed. Sure it's no Bioshock, but that just means its actually fun.
If you think AC's success over Uncharted isn't detrimental to gaming, there's something wrong with you.

Beautiful animation + style should never win over pure fun gameplay.

JB1981 said:
i wonder how uncharted would have fared had it been multi-plat

much better, probably :(

Exclusives can do perfectly fine, but apparently not on PS3. Why? Because PS3 owners suck shit. The overwhelming majority of them at that.

Loudninja

Jtyettis said:
Just for the record I bought Uncharted. The only PS3 game for the month. Everyone one of those other 360 games however. So how did Uncharted fair in the end? How much?

Not much at all

schuelma said:
It's back in the thread- I think it was something like Galaxy outsold what Sunshine did in Sept, Oct, and Nov combined

Are you serious ? Galaxy outsold 3 months with launch of Sunshine ? Wow. How could Sunshine sell more then 3 millions in USA with a such low start ?

LJ11

Y2Kev said:
You can go to the website and look at what I said. Also, my Amazon order took 12 days to fill.

I found them to be hard to find. Maybe your personal experience is different.

Looking at listed ship times, they are hard to find.

Yeah, they're definitely hard to find. Amazon doesn't start shipping their next PS3 batch until the 15th. All anecdotal from the Rockband thread had retailers stocking like 7 360 units for every 1 PS3.

Top Bottom