• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For November 2010 [Update 6: PSP, PS2, Move Games]

FrankT

Kitschkraft said:
I'm guessing :

1) CODBLOPS 360
2) CODBLOPS PS3
3) Just Dance 2
4) AC:B 360
5) Fable 3
6) DKCR
7) AC:B PS3
8) Need 4 Speed 360
9) Madden 360
10) either n4s ps3 or gt5

Missing Reach.

Majine said:
How can Kinect and Move be huge successes when there is no supported software on any charts worldwide?

11 isn't too bad for DC start and I bet the legs on both it and Sports will be good. MS seems pleased so far it would seem as far as that goes;

GameSpot: How are the Kinect software attach rates looking?

David Dennis: They're good. I don't have an exact number. Our data guys are still pouring over everything, and attach is one of those ones that's not right there. You need to do some calculating to parse out Kinect games versus others. In general, we've got quite a few of the Kinect games in the top 15-ish overall, so we feel really good about just the general basket attach we saw overall at retail.

Kitschkraft said:
I'm guessing :

1) CODBLOPS 360
2) CODBLOPS PS3
3) Just Dance 2
5) Fable 3
6) DKCR
8) Need 4 Speed 360
9) Madden 360

did you even read the post you quoted?

Mindlog

asp.jpg

gundamkyoukai said:
The Xbox 360 is cheaper

4 Electronic Cookies to the person who brings us the ASPs this month.

I've never been so intrigued by a number in the history of sales-age.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Road said:
My guess:

[360] Black Ops
[PS3] Black Ops
[360] Brotherhood
[WII] Just Dance 2
[360] Fable III
[PS3] Brotherhood
[WII] DKC Returns
[PS3] Gran Turismo 5
[WII] Wii Fit Plus
[360] Halo Reach

In no particular order.
pretty much this

gogogow

Sony are kinda fucked though in the US. MS has kinect and their games and it's selling buttloads. Sony only have their games, but obviously that's not enough.
Move is, well, not doing anything for them (in the US). They have nothing to counter Kinect.
People chose their HD console this holiday season, it obviously eating into PS3's sales.

Road said:
My guess:

[360] Black Ops
[PS3] Black Ops
[360] Brotherhood
[WII] Just Dance 2
[360] Fable III
[PS3] Brotherhood
[WII] DKC Returns
[PS3] Gran Turismo 5
[WII] Wii Fit Plus
[360] Halo Reach

In no particular order.
NFS Hot Pursuit should be on there as well as Madden II.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Majine said:
How can Kinect and Move be huge successes when there is no supported software on any charts worldwide?

The software is only aimed at the much smaller userbase for those specific peripherals. It's a lot harder to get in the top 10 with such a focus.

iammeiam

Kitschkraft said:
I'm guessing :

1) CODBLOPS 360
2) CODBLOPS PS3
3) Just Dance 2
5) Fable 3
6) DKCR
8) Need 4 Speed 360
9) Madden 360

Wouldn't work with the PR, I don't think... Deleted a bunch of wrong spec on my part.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'd be truly surprised if GT5 didn't chart next month. The last few times a high profile game had launched at the ass-end of the period, it still managed to chart in the proceeding month. KZ2/inFamous/Heavy Rain all managed to do so. I'd hope that a high profile title such as GT5 with a bungled launch will manage to chart again. But with this generation, who knows.

Pooya

- Three PS3 games ranked in the top ten software skus for the month, including Call of Duty: Black Opps, Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood, Gran Turismo 5
"We are now reporting sales at the total platform level instead of the SKU level but if we were reporting the top 10 SKU's, Halo: Reach would have been #10 this month."
# During the month of November, four of the top ten console game titles were for Xbox 360 including: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fable III, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, and Halo:
Thanks to this, I think we can have Top 10 individual formats ranking:

1) [360] Call of Duty Black Ops
2) [PS3] Call fo Duty Black Ops
3) [360] Assassin's Creed Brotherhood ~800k
4) [PS3] Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
5) [Wii] Just Dance 2
6) [360] Fable III
7) [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
8) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5
9) [Wii] Wii Fit Plus
10) [360] Halo Reach

seady

Thanksgiving deal for the Xbox is insane this year. If you follow the Black Friday ads, Microsoft is basically giving away the 360 for free. Bundled games, $30 off, $50 giftcard… the list goes on.

It's not Kevin Butler's fault. It's about games. Sony has a barren holiday season besides GT5 which was botched as usual by PD and Sony, because that's what Sony does, botch things. The LBP2 delay was a big blow. That would have been a great holiday gift game.

Kenka

miladesn said:

3) [360] Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
5) [Wii] Just Dance 2
6) [360] Fable III
8) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5
9) [Wii] Wii Fit Plus
10) [360] Halo Reach

OK, I can live with that. I wonder if Just Dance 2 broke the 600k bar.

Lebron

Majine said:
Dance Central was #11(we don't know how the other titles performed yet) and 360 had its biggest month ever. It's not that hard to see the initial impact of Kinect, and the slim. Also we know they've already sold 2.5 million worldwide.

Move on the other hand..

OldJadedGamer said:
First number doesn't count hardware bundles and the second number does. The bulk of GT figures come from bundles.

You don't actually know that... These numbers are from the developer, not the Publisher.

But yeah... All GTs sold 2M+ in bundles. :lol

FrankT

miladesn said:

5) [Wii] Just Dance 2
6) [360] Fable III
8) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5
9) [Wii] Wii Fit Plus
10) [360] Halo Reach

With Dance Central at 11.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
miladesn said:

5) [Wii] Just Dance 2
6) [360] Fable III
8) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5
9) [Wii] Wii Fit Plus
10) [360] Halo Reach

Wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 version of AC:B was below JC2 and maybe Fable 3.

Other than that.. I think this should be correct.

DMeisterJ

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
First number doesn't count hardware bundles and the second number does. The bulk of GT figures come from bundles.

So you're privy to the number of unbundled units GT4 sold? Enlighten us then.

Jonsoncao

Banned
# During the month of November, four of the top ten console game titles were for Xbox 360 including: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fable III, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, and Halo:

- Three PS3 games ranked in the top ten software skus for the month, including Call of Duty: Black Opps, Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood, Gran Turismo 5

I noticed that MS pr put Fable 3 in front of AC:B
which means Fable 3 selling more in single SKU chart than AC:B 360 is a possibility

Baki

PS3 numbers are abysmal. What else did they expect with a $399 MOVE package, poor GT5 marketing campaign and strong showings on their competitors part.

I think the good deals and strong line up and marketing campaign of the PS3 competition is mainly responsible for the abysmal sales.

That said, they could have taken steps to mitigate the impact.

The-Warning said:
It's not Kevin Butler's fault. It's about games. Sony has a barren holiday season besides GT5 which was botched as usual by PD and Sony, because that's what Sony does, botch things. The LBP2 delay was a big blow. That would have been a great holiday gift game.

Huh? Did I suddenly miss LBP becoming a big seller?

pilonv1

Stumpokapow said:
- PS3 hardware sales continue to increase month over month (up 112%)

a month over month increase from october to november?!?! you don't say!!!

Their January release will be amusing.

bigtroyjon said:
did you even read the post you quoted?

Took a guess off the OP.

Didn't see these :

# During the month of November, four of the top ten console game titles were for Xbox 360 including: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fable III, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, and Halo:Reach

Ashes

Banned
Jonsoncao said:
I noticed that MS pr put Fable 3 in front of AC:B
which means Fable 3 selling more in single SKU chart than AC:B 360 is a possibility

ac:b sold more than 800,000.. I'm thinking fable 3 didn't... :)

Jonsoncao

Banned
Baki said:
PS3 numbers are abysmal. What else did they expect with a $399 MOVE package, poor GT5 marketing campaign and strong showings on their competitors part.
GT5 ads showing in NCAA/NFL/NBA games multiple times during my one hour workout at the gym, I can hardly say the campaign was poor, maybe it is just the consumers who buy games regularly dun give a damn about it anymore

szaromir

Banned
I have to say Microsoft can reach their userbase, with 1st party games being #2, #4, #5 on their platform (and Kinect Sports being high, too). Maybe not quite Nintendo level, but still quite impressive

CozMick

Banned
GT5: Prologue Worldwide >5,000,000

What makes anyone think that GT5 won't go above and beyond this figure?

Europe is a beast where this game is involved.

Serious question.

GeoramA

Baki said:
Delays, almost zero marketing, and still the only $300 console on the market.

2011 has to be the big turnaround or they can kiss their 2nd place chances goodbye.

Arnie

Absolutely humiliating for Sony. It's locked on, although it has been for a while, that it will end up 3rd place in the US.

And I'm honestly laughing at some of the damage control in this thread. I predicted GT5 wouldn't sell as hot as many of it's most passionate GAF fans predicted and all I got was a tirade of laughing emoticons and condescending replies. The industry is in a much different place than it was in 2005, at least in the US, as evidenced by last months numbers. For Donkey Kong Country to outsell GT5 in its first three days, including Black Friday is a big disappointment to Sony. This is a franchise Nintendo pulls out to fill a yearly gap (not referring to DKC's quality, just its franchise recognition within Nintendo's stable), it isn't even Mario or Zelda, whereas GT5 is Sony's biggest franchise, or at least it was.

I would like an honest answer to this question: If Microsoft or Nintendo released a new Halo/Gears of War/Mario/Zelda, would it be on par with expectations for it to only reach 8th place after its first three days of sales? Considering that these games are usually the ones to push records and sales figures on their first day alone. Because my bet would be that they would be near the top.

I will say though that Sony's handling of the release did not help GT5's numbers in any way, shape or form. Quite frankly they fucked up.

Top Bottom