• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

Bolivar687

Banned
2). COD still pulls big numbers on Xbox. I remember lot of people were saying COD crowd has moved, etc. Had a good discussion when the marketing deal was announced. But majority of people refused to believe.

Again, COD will end up selling more WW on PS4. But that's because of the higher installbase, 2:1. and not because of the marketing deal.

I wanna hear how it did when you include bundles though. Hopefully George will grace us with that so we can further break down the effectiveness of marketing deals.

allan-bh

Wii U flat YoY is disappointing. I honestly think that Slatoon/Smash bundle would help. Maybe it did but sales outside of Black Friday was lower than last year.

evilr

Banned
Halo is not Halo anymore.

I'd say the same about the magic three to be honest (Halo, Gears, and Forza).

This was the "best line-up in Xbox history" in their dominantly-centric market at prime-time, and they lost, so they need to widen their portfolio if they wish to remain competitive.

Problem is we already know all three are returning next year, and most likely in 2017 too. It creates the illusion that this is all they have exclusive, yet that isn't true (Quantum Break, Scalebound). My suggestion is ditch the games and release them sparingly and make some bloody new franchises.

down 2 orth

Been telling people for years. Exclusives aren't the console sellers like they used to be. Having the stronger console and marketing deals really helped the PS4. Of course there is the whole Xbox reveal debacle and price but those things have been cleaned up.

Is there any good proof in the wild about how well the marketing deals help console makers? I'm sure its worthwhile, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it, but I have trouble believing that its a massive advantage.

-The PS4 and Xbox One had a hell of a month
-I would like to see Tomb Raider + Bundle sales even if they aren't the greatest
-I'm hapy Halo 5 is on the list. It was number 1 last month and I wasn't sure if it would make it this month.
-Is this the first month in a long time that Minecraft has not been in the top 10 physical sales?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I wanna hear how it did when you include bundles though. Hopefully George will grace us with that so we can further break down the effectiveness of marketing deals.

But last year Xbox had AW bundles. And it still sold more on Xbox One, Xbox 360 than PS4.

Of course I am talking about NPD monthly chart. I know one of the clown will pick my post and say ya NA = WW. Need to be specific every time even though this is NPD thread.

ArmGunar

Against Horizon, TLG, Mass Effect Andromeda, Gears of War 4, COD 2016, Battlefield and whatever other big title will show up, as a 1 year old sloppy third?

I'm sure it will sell some, perhaps even better than what it sold on XB1 this year, but I don't think it'll sell anywhere near what it could have as a brand new title tbh.

Reading your post, I have forgotten a lot of titles that ROTR PS4 will face off, it will be hard for SE ...

Jigorath

Banned
Splatoon came out in the summer and Smash released last year. Those weren't going to be big holiday exclusives for Nintendo. They should have had something new.

Anyway, games sold well on PS4 so ROTR will sell well especially at 40$/€
Just don't face off Mass Effect or any big franchise for the release haha

Next year is packed for PS4 plus 3rd party, TR will not doing anything major on PS4.

SE will learn the hard way with this one.

EGM1966

So it's pretty much a lock that SE screwed the pooch with the deal for TR with MS then?

Shame but hardly surprising. Astonishing they locked the game to the smallest install base.

they really need to think about how to maximise release on PC and PS4 at this point.

Strong PS4 and XB1 sales but quite the blow for MS that PS4 took the month. Myself I think that's it. No way any things reversing current trends for home consoles overall.

Josman

Just dance 2016 says hi and I think one or two other games sold better on the xbox one this month in the US.

Almost every game then, btw what other two games? that chart shows 8/10 doing better on PS4, and Black Ops III had a PS4 bundle and it's PSN's top seller for November so it's possible that it sold more on PS4, and that's not counting worldwide. It's been such a turn around since last gen when every game sold better on the 360.

allan-bh

There's a 1 week gap between Halo 5 and NFS release dates.

And it's fucking HALO. You know, an IP for which each main entry sold multiple millions in the first couple of weeks.

This one week is the first week so it makes big difference. Plus like I said, Halo is not Halo anymore, but if were launched in november would kill NFS.

SeanR1221

Just curious, what podcasts? I'm a couple weeks behind so maybe I listen to the same ones (GT Time, bomb/beastcasts, PS I love you).

I listen to a lot so they start blending...maybe it was ign and radio free nintendo?

There were comments a long the lines of production should have started by now.

John Wick

Shame that Rise of the Tomb Raider didn't even get in the top ten for software as it's better than the majority if not all of those games on that list. So sad.

It didn't chart very well because Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix sold their soul to the devil. They got their just rewards.

Tobor

But last year Xbox had AW bundles. And it still sold more on Xbox One, Xbox 360 than PS4.

Of course I am talking about NPD. I know of the clown will pick my post and say ya NA = WW. Need to be specific every time even though this is NPD thread.

This is terrible logic, dude. You need to think this through.

Alebrije

Nintendo's market cap is $21.67 billion, Microsoft's is $441.5 billion.......you do the math.

Microsoft can afford to buy Nintendo and Sony and laugh til the cows come home.

images

Congrats to all the consoles for big numbers. Im not sure if the WiiU did well, but good job by Sony and Microsoft.

Also glad to see Halo 5 rank top 10 in such a big month and not being released in November.

jmaine_ph

Is there any good proof in the wild about how well the marketing deals help console makers? I'm sure its worthwhile, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it, but I have trouble believing that its a massive advantage.
Alone I don't think it's a major factor but combined with pricing I think it plays a major role.

Somnid

Wii U had nothing this holiday season, except Xenoblade which isn't represented. Last year they had Smash so I'd consider it a win if they didn't completely nosedive.

Top Bottom