• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

Silvard

I don't understand why you don't get this, final blow is obvious and it simply means pulling ahead, which the PS4 is not, so it's still contested. If the gap keeps gong 200k-500k, and growing back to near 1 million or over 1 million, and then going back to 200-500k, just an example, that's called contested.

To be honest all Sony really needs to do to reach that point is keep the PS4 at $299 and ad an alternative bundle to uncharted. I doubt the Xbox One is going to keep the price.

But that's not what's happening. Not even close.

I don't understand why you don't get this, final blow is obvious and it simply means pulling ahead, which the PS4 is not, so it's still contested. If the gap keeps gong 200k-500k, and growing back to near 1 million or over 1 million, and then going back to 200-500k, just an example, that's called contested.

To be honest all Sony really needs to do to reach that point is keep the PS4 at $299 and ad an alternative bundle to uncharted. I doubt the Xbox One is going to keep the price.

I'm sorry you are talking rubbish. Last year PS4 was ahead Until the winter months and MS reduced it significantly but only at Xmas, that closing has not happened this year, so therefore the gap is increasing, and so it means they are pulling ahead.

vcc

Of course it is. Greenberg claiming to have friends at PlayStation was the first hint.

Edit: Ok, he added Wii U. Did he delete the "friends at PlayStation" part, too?

I don't think it's professionally acrimonious. They're all just hard working folks competing in the same industry.

BY2K

Membero Americo
200k for Rise, both versions combined!?

q1dYlKx.gif

WHY WHY WHY WHY DID YOU RELEASE THE SAME DAY AS FALLOUT 4!?

Kyoufu

Halo 4 sucked, Masterchief Collection sucked big time, Halo 5 hasn't sold that well, it's pretty obvious in a downward trend since 4. Maybe I am wrong that Uncharted is more popular, but it's pretty close. It will sell more then Halo 5 when it's released I don't doubt it.

That remains to be seen. Uncharted 3 debuted at around 700k in NPD I believe, so it'd have to sell over 2x as much to sell more than Halo 5 in the first month.

We will see. Should perform better than Halo 5 has in rest of the world, but NA? I am sceptical.

Bluenoser

Halo CE sold over 6, SMS sold over 6.

Metal of Honor Front Line sold nearly four, Jak 1 sold nearly 6.

i am giving you data based on the same genre and popularity of that title. Which was insane on the PS2, yet, the PS2 did not win in either case. Theres isn't any cherry picking you're wrong.

If you don't understand how flawed it is to compare Mario MARIO to Jak and Daxter, or Halo to MOH, there is simply no reasoning with you.

Bolivar687

Banned

They are never going to decrease the gap again.

mo60

Every game selling better on PS4 (when you include digital and bundles) must be what really hurts Microsoft, as the profit comes from software.

But yeah, this proves exclusives don't drive console sales and that Halo isn't what it used to be.

Just dance 2016 says hi and I think one or two other games sold better on the xbox one this month in the US.

This is why I think Sony and Microsoft would be foolish to end this generation so quickly. Say what you will about the console wars, they are making money hand over fist.

Elandyll

Banned
I checked and last month NPD_George only showed up early morning the next day (about 6:50am EST)...

Still hoping for him or Cream to bless us with some numbers.

evilr

Banned
I don't think it's professionally acrimonious. They're all just hard working folks competing in the same industry.

No, Greenberg talks a lot of fan-boyish crap, even Bossman calls him out in some GameTrailers video for being a man of nonsense. Just look at his pre-season comment in regards to PS4 beating Xbox One. Well what's he going to say about this November one now?

Miles X

Just goes to show the power of COD and other advertising. MS should have continued that and not wasted their money on Tomb Raider.

anothertech

Halo at 8! HOLY SH* that sucks! No Tomb Raider in the top 10. Dam.

Will be shocked if any dev gives them rights like that again with the current worldwide console mindshare.

Gratz Sony!

Good numbers all around. Really glad Blops3 is doing better than AW. I just need it to continue to to better and hopefully do better than Ghosts so all can be right with the world.

IMG_4217.GIF

Tivor, I don't care what other people might say about accuracy or what not. I find your posts fascinating in this thread and cannot look away. Please continue.

Also, I think I messaged this in the other thread but it's good to see consoles are not a dad yet. And NFS over Halo.. that's what was shocking/weird for me about the results.

Lastly, we need George to help make sense of all this.

jmaine_ph

Been telling people for years. Exclusives aren't the console sellers like they used to be. Having the stronger console and marketing deals really helped the PS4. Of course there is the whole Xbox reveal debacle and price but those things have been cleaned up.

That remains to be seen. Uncharted 3 debuted at around 700k in NPD I believe, so it'd have to sell over 2x as much to sell more than Halo 5 in the first month.

We will see. Should perform better than Halo 5 has in rest of the world, but NA? I am sceptical.

Of course it remains to be seen, I may end up being wrong. Do we have solid numbers on Halo 5's first month?

TURBO1112

Awesome month for both consoles.

Why are people surprised when software does better on PS4? More PS4s sold, usually means more software sold as well. Just curious

ArmGunar

It's really still shitty to hope a game sells poorly when the dev team worked hard to make a great game.

I am not worry for the devs, they are paid, when you work on a game for years, you have your check every months of development ...

They surely have their bonus with a good rating on Metacritics.

And let's be honest, a bomb for this game won't stop one of the strongest licence SE has, they know that the game is great (with good reviews of press/gamers).

They'll just realize their mistake of marketing, that's the point with my " Hope it will bomb on PS4 "

Hoje0308

Banned
Except what I clearly said is it does not instantly mean a game will sell higher. Which can't be argued, and I gave examples.

Bullshit

Install abse has nothing to do with software sales it's common sense, actually think about it for a second, how many FPS games that were best selling ont he PS2 beat Halo 1 or 2?

How many of the POPULAR PS2 platforms beat SMS in sales on the Gamecube which was third?

Install base doesn't guarantee sales, and I haven't seen anyone say otherwise. However, it does give you a better chance, which is why you generally see more support for the platforms that sell better. And you gave examples of games that are mostly outliers from what I've seen. Try comparing titles released simultaneously on mutliple platforms and you'll see why install base matters.

Awesome month for both consoles.

Why are people surprised when software does better on PS4? More PS4s sold, usually means more software sold as well. Just curious

Well Microsoft had marketing deals for Fallout 4 and Madden. The Top 10 software list does not include bundles, so seeing the PS4 version of Battlefront selling more than the XBO was surprising, at least for me.

reKon

Banned
Yeah people are so focused on TR and Xbox sales that they are overlooking the fact that Need for Speed outsold HALO 5.. during Holiday time...

Jumeira

Banned
No, Greenberg talks a lot of fan-boyish crap, even Bossman calls him out in some GameTrailers video for being a man of nonsense. Just look at his pre-season comment in regards to PS4 beating Xbox One. Well what's he going to say about this November one now?
This shouldn't be coming from you. Especially after your conspiracy about Xbox articles today.

kuroshiki

Yeah people are so focused on TR and Xbox sales that they are overlooking the fact that Need for Speed outsold HALO 5.. during Holiday time...

Xbox fans and halo fans need to take this as a wake up call that Halo doesn't have same brand power as it used to have.

Top Bottom