• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Yep but saddly after Zelda there is nothing big, even 2016 looks scarse for great games from Nintendo unless they release somethong like :

Mario Galaxy 3
Metroid game
Golden sun
New Pounch out
Fzero
Etc

They have IPs bit do not think will dedicate 2106 to develop them for the WiiU

Doesn't need to be big... I love Nintendo's "small" releases all the same.

I'm sorry you are talking rubbish. Last year PS4 was ahead Until the winter months and MS reduced it significantly but only at Xmas, that closing has not happened this year, so therefore the gap is increasing, and so it means they are pulling ahead.

They won by less than 300k, they lost last month, December is up for grabs, MS will actually have games next year, it's likely the gap will still be within the same areas it has since it's peak, which was if not mistaken 1.2 million? until Sony actually does something to crush the Xbox one.

Death2494

6rMaV3DYufVmqLbi3MRMFFc1E9L2V.jpg

TombRaiderGif.gif
The predictions are strong with this one. Poor Crystal Dynamic. You revived a forgotten franchise only to burn it to the ground. Now the entire game can be seen on youtube and PC/PS4 owners don't have to pay for it to experience it. Combine that with the lack of multiplayer and sweet jesus.

What?

Last year the gap was less than 500k wasn't it?

Now it's what? Still less than 1 million and Sony still hasn't done enough to push Xbox one out the way?
I mean I guess we'll no next year, but with December and the Xbox having no games for the 1st half of the year strategy being changed, it's going to be hard to predict.

One way for Sony to finally put a nail in Xbox in NPD is to stay at $299 and have an alternate $299 bundle. Maybe The order or something.
You realise the gap is widening in the US month on month. In face there's only been two months this year where the gap hasn't widened. Also there is pretty much the rest of the world where the PS4 is way outselling XB1.

Raylan

Banned
There was rumored that initially it was 6 months-exclusivity deal but with all the pressure by gamers to know if it will be permanent exclusivity for Xbox One or not ... SE and MS have re-negociated the contract and it allows SE to talk about PC/PS4 versions but the 6 months deal become 12 months-exclusivity deal ...

I wonder if it's real
Makes no sense at all.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
No no.

I am saying, last year Xbox marketing for COD. and they had game bundle.

Still without counting the bundled copy, Xbox One version of the game sold more.

This year, people are saying well PS4 had bundle that's why it didn't outsell Xbox One stand alone copies. But last year Xbox had bundle copy and still stand alone outsold PS4 version.

You see what I mean?

Yes, but all this conversation about COD started because you said that people believed that COD marketing would turn the tides in favor of PS4.

That's why i don't think it's fair to compare both situations.

Last year AW was coming from what, 5 years of XBOX exclusive marketing? I don't think that anyone thought PS4 had a chance to sell more.

They won by less than 300k, they lost last month, December is up for grabs, MS will actually have games next year, it's likely the gap will still be within the same areas it has since it's peak, which was if not mistaken 1.2 million? until Sony actually does something to crush the Xbox one.

SFV, Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank ... in the first 4 months

Can someone explain to me why I keep seeing posts saying MS lost a halo month? The game came out last month and sold approximately 900k.

November is not a Halo month

What?

Now it's what? Still less than 1 million and Sony still hasn't done enough to push Xbox one out the way?
I mean I guess we'll no next year, but with December and the Xbox having no games for the 1st half of the year strategy being changed, it's going to be hard to predict.

One way for Sony to finally put a nail in Xbox in NPD is to stay at $299 and have an alternate $299 bundle. Maybe The order or something.

The gap right now is not less then 1 million.

ethomaz

Banned
What?

The gap is over 1m in my maths.

It is growing every year.

vin-buc

With all of the best holiday exclusives - ol'PS3 Nathan Drake prettied up suplexed the Master Chief and Lara Croft combined.

Congrats to PS4.....the PS4 is a beast!

=P

In November 2007 Game Boy Advance sold 641,000 units, Nintendo DS was already 2 years old. The crazy thing is that this year 3DS + Wii U probably barely matched that. This should be an all-time low for the company since the 8 bits era.

It's really sad to see Nintendo in such a terrible shape.

No one to blame but themselves, sadly. They caught lightning in a bottle with the Wii and didn't have a clue what to do with that surge in popularity.

Meanwhile, MS had first party games this holiday and sold less than Sony for the month containing Black Friday.

Why does any of this matter? Microsoft could completely close the gap in the US, but they're still getting absolutely dominated worldwide. I don't know why so many people forget that other countries exist, and their money has value too. An amazing concept, I know. But it's true!

John Wick

I just honestly don't know where they go from here.

They won't get third part support back, or the hardcore gamer, casuals and kids are lost to tablets and phones..

Just gutted for Crystal Dynamics now. Game was sent to die when they clearly delivered. Shame.

It rumour is to be believed it was Crystal Dynamics who suggested the exclusivity to SE. If true they got their just desserts!

Chobel

No no.

I am saying, last year Xbox marketing for COD. and they had game bundle.

Still without counting the bundled copy, Xbox One version of the game sold more.

This year, people are saying well PS4 had bundle that's why it didn't outsell Xbox One stand alone copies. But last year Xbox had bundle copy and still stand alone outsold PS4 version.

You see what I mean?

So you're expecting complete reversal? It doesn't work like that, these things take time. If the gap (relatively) this year is lower than last year's then this deal is working.

hawk2025

So you're expecting complete reversal? It doesn't work like that, these things take time. If the gap (relatively) this year is lower than last year's ten this deal is working.

Finally, some common sense in the discussion.

Drawing inference on the impact of marketing deals based only on the ranking is completely stupid.

Jumeira

Banned
Meanwhile, MS had first party games this holiday and sold less than Sony.

Why does any of this matter? Microsoft could completely close the gap in the US, but they're still getting absolutely dominated worldwide. I don't know why so many people forget that other countries exist, and their money has value too. An amazing concept, I know. But it's true!
Maybe becuase support/deals are stuck based on the strength of a platform in US. Biggest market and by far the most important.

There's always one in every NPD thread...

Let it go, brother.

John Wick

Meanwhile, MS had first party games this holiday and sold less than Sony.

All Sony need to do is match or keep close to Xbox in the USA and UK. That's it. They got the rest

Welfare

MUTdkY0.jpg

I think it's time for a change, Microsoft.

2016 has Quantum Break, ReCore, Scalebound, plus other announced titles. 2016 looks to be what 2015 should've been, and that's adding all the new IP that should be replacing 7th gen IP's.

zeroOman

What?

edit:
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/675122466012962816

It rumour is to be believed it was Crystal Dynamics who suggested the exclusivity to SE. If true they got their just desserts!

Didn't they ask for it because SE didn't want to make another? SE said the game underperformed expectations. I never saw anything about them saying we are making another until the deal came out.

You don't just request exclusivity and limit your install base unless you need the financial support to ensure the game gets made.

Am I the only one who could possibly see the logic in that?

If you don't understand how flawed it is to compare Mario MARIO to Jak and Daxter, or Halo to MOH, there is simply no reasoning with you.
Lol mario argument, what does that have to dow ith anything, wasn't even the best selling game on the gamecube and sold around PSX Crash bandicoot 1 numbers.

Yep, good thing Mario is selling the Wii U am I right?

Good thing paper Mario was the best sellign Jrpg in the PS- oh wait.

Good thing Mario Kart 64 was the best selling racing game during the PSX e- what?

Good thing Mario sport titles always sell well and top the cha- oh wait....

Good thing Halo was already popular and established in the Xbox 1 era- oh wait ti was new, so how the heck can you pretend Halo was a bad comparison in 2-001 to MOH when HALO HAD JUST CAME OUT WITH ITS FIRST GAME!!?

You are using horrible and flawed strawmans.

hawk2025

Didn't they ask for it because SE didn't want to make another? SE said the game underperformed expectations. I never saw anything about them saying we are making another until the deal came out.

You don't just request exclusivity and limit your install base unless you need the financial support to ensure the game gets made.

It was announced at E3. The deal was revealed at Gamescom months later.

No room for logic. Everyone is using the game a proxy for console wars.

Top Bottom