• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2007

knitoe

Tideas said:
So wait did PGR4 and AC6 just bombed on the 360? Namco should have definitely released the PS3 version first.

74k is not bad for 2 weeks of Ratchet. We will see if it has legs.

Lol. PS3 sales are worse than X360 sales. It would just bomb more.

Wasn't Ratchet another system seller along the lines of Lair and Heavenly Sword. Next up is Uncharted.

GhaleonEB

ggnoobIGN said:
I will guarantee you though that MS reps were shooting for a 400k October going into the holidays and GH3+Halo 3 newly released.
Really.

The 360 number is pretty good. It's up 150k from last year, down 13% (weekly basis) from last month. 400k would have been better but on any historical measure, it was a strong month, the PS3 had a terrible month, and the Wii had a truly historic month.

sonycowboy said:
NR Project Gotham Racing 4 (Xbox 360) 38,300

That's very sad, MS really did send this out to die. Perhaps MS want to focus on Forza as their Number 1 Driving Title, so are letting PGR4 disappear without trace. Or maybe with Bizarre off to Activision they want to downplay their involvement in the franchise.... either way, they seemed to have treated one of their key franchises very shabbily.

Sold very well in Britain though!

Dez

So Metroid Prime 3 seems to have run out of gas. august: 218.1k, september: 167k, october: 45.2k. Total = 430.3k. Certainly reasonable sales, but not a smash hit.

beerbelly

Banned
Tideas said:
So wait did PGR4 and AC6 just bombed on the 360? Namco should have definitely released the PS3 version first.

What? Ace Combat released on the same day as Ratchet. If a flagship title like Ratchet sold 74,000, how would Ace combat releasing on the PS3 first be better ???????????????????

Tideas

Banned
knitoe said:
Lol. PS3 sales are worse than X360 sales. It would just bomb more.

At least it wouldn't have bombed as bad in Japan.

Anyway, perhaps these software numbers should tell publishers something. Charge $50 for yer games! and not $60!

sonycowboy said:
More SW:

NR Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3) 74,500
NR Project Gotham Racing 4 (Xbox 360) 38,300

Shocking figures for both games, especially considering the publicity both games got, I guess PGR4 got missed with all the money going on the other games, but what happened to R&C though I will never know, are PS3 buyers really only buying it for blu ray?

bune duggy said:
holy cow. I really think all of the returns for crappy guitars is killing this sku.

I think it's more likely that in terms of the HD next gen userbase, there are only a few hundred thousand that have the PS3 as their lead console. These are the kinds of games that help you measure that sort of thing.

Tiktaalik said:
Wow that is an epic bomb for PGR4. I think they just really got lost in the shuffle.

The delay of Forza 2 was always going to affect PGR4 sales, but I would not have guessed this badly.

sionyboy said:
That's very sad, MS really did send this out to die. Perhaps MS want to focus on Forza as their Number 1 Driving Title, so are letting PGR4 disappear without trace. Or maybe with Bizarre off to Activision they want to downplay their involvement in the franchise.... either way, they seemed to have treated one of their key franchises very shabbily.

That's a great point, I'm sure MS don't really give a shit about the PGR series now that Bizarre have downed tools.

Leonsito said:
The November numbers are gonna be so enormous that my brain can't make any predictions.

Most of all, because Super Mario Galaxy will be out on a system with a crazy level of hype. Predictions ? A million in a single month is not out of question at this point...

Loudninja said:
People the sales, Sony reported ARE NOT INCLUDED
Why not?
Oblivion said:
So someone (Sonycowboy/Joshua?) clairfy, please. Was this including the first few days or whatever of PS3 sales from the price drop?
If by price drop you mean the 40 GB, 2 days.
dankir said:
So hold on, does this mean if the PSP doesn't sell more than 398 fucking thousand units then Sonydefenseforce can't say the Playstation Family did better than the Wii?

WOW
519 - (121+184) = 314
Dizzan said:
If Nintendo sorts out their supply issues, can Wii realistically break through the 1 million mark in December?
Even GameCube and Xbox frequently hit a million in December. Wii has a shot to hit a million in November.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Looking forward to seeing Galaxy sales next month, and still shocked at Halo 3's second month performance... guess it's not nearly as top loaded as we all expected. Poor Sony...

Tideas

Banned
Dez said:
So Metroid Prime 3 seems to have run out of gas. august: 218.1k, september: 167k, october: 45.2k. Total = 430.3k. Certainly reasonable sales, but not a smash hit.

we do'nt know metroid's number for October yet though...

1-D_FTW said:
What are you saying? The NPD period went through Nov. 3rd. 40GB officially launched on Nov. 2nd and some retailers broke that release date early (Like Target.) There are units sold included in that. Sure it's offset by nobody wanting to buy prior to its release, but 40GB figures are not completely absent.

plus the 40gig model was up for pre order so it had quite a few weeks of sales

Tideas said:
At least it wouldn't have bombed as bad in Japan.

Anyway, perhaps these software numbers should tell publishers something. Charge $50 for yer games! and not $60!

Why would they do that? 360 games sell at $60 and punch other games in the neck.

Dez

djtiesto said:
Looking forward to seeing Galaxy sales next month, and still shocked at Halo 3's second month performance... guess it's not nearly as top loaded as we all expected. Poor Sony...

a 90% drop isn't top loaded? Then again I didn't follow the predictions thread, what were most people predicting?

C4Lukins said:
Holy shit PGR4 bombed. I knew it was a shitty time to release it.

yeah, those numbers are just incredible. with the ammount of people you could find online, that number seems very low :(

oh well, its still a great game, and i am sure it will soon be bundled with 360s

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Most of all, because Super Mario Galaxy will be out on a system with a crazy level of hype. Predictions ? A million in a single month is not out of question at this point...
I'm thinking 1.5 million, honestly.

It doesn't have much to compete with other than Mario in the Olympics. Only problem is that Wii software sales have yet to match the hardware sales success. Of course that may not be fair to say, because the quality over the last year has been piss poor for the most part.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I think it's more likely that in terms of the HD next gen userbase, there are only a few hundred thousand that have the PS3 as their lead console. These are the kinds of games that help you measure that sort of thing.
probably also an indicator of the number of people who have a PS3 because it's a cheap-ish Blu-ray player.

knitoe

Opus Angelorum said:
The delay of Forza 2 was always going to affect PGR4 sales, but I would not have guessed this badly.

Knew PGR4 would have bad numbers:

1) Came out in month with way too many good games.

2) Should have been PGR, next year Forza, next year PGR and repeat. Stupid to release them in same year.

Frillen

Tideas said:

74k is pretty bad all things considered. Don't try spin it away.

C4Lukins

goompapa said:
Aren't these numbers kind of crappy for Madden. Didn't the PS2 version do those kind of numbers alone ?

I think Madden typically has a huge first month, then drops off, then has a huge November and December if I recall correctly.

I think the huge growing Wii install base will be good for games like Metroid. It did well, but i expect it to keep selling slowly throughout its lifespan especially after the price drop.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ggnoobIGN said:
I'm thinking 1.5 million, honestly.

It doesn't have much to compete with other than Mario in the Olympics. Only problem is that Wii software sales have yet to match the hardware sales success. Of course that may not be fair to say, because the quality over the last year has been piss poor for the most part.

Well judging by the anecdotal evidence of lineups and sellouts..yeah I think 1.5M is definitely possible.

careksims

I am happy to see FFT getting some love and the Wii back on top again. Too bad the sales spike for the PS3 were not included in this one. Hey! I bought Ratchet! I did my part!

dyls

How in the world is it possible that the Wii can sell 519K in October, and still be going for upwards of $400 on Amazon?

wii.jpg

Even GH3, which is also sold out, is in that top three.

tanod

when is my burrito
Is this PGR4's first month?

If so, I think the PGR series is dead, especially with Bizarre leaving. PGR4 is beyond BOMBA.

R&C sales are disappointing. Hopefully the commercials and hardware sales will help it pick up some more in November.

dankir

519 - (121+184) = 314

Oh shit the PS2 as well, well PSP isn't gonna come close to that now is it.

Edit!

Wait a second thats not right!@1

519 - 121 - 184 = 214!!

I still don't think the PSP will sell that much

Kifimbo

Oblivion said:
Seems PH won't be replicating it's Japanese success in America. Guess that means we get more TP-like Zeldas afterall.

PH sold 224K in september + 262.8K this month. That's really good IMO.

Sorry if I was beaten.

Top Bottom