• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

That's not exactly the same spot because you should see castle in the distance. Also I dont know what exact settings you are using (some mods can improve not just graphics quality but performance as well).

Here's another proof 2080ti cant maintain 60fps everywhere when game is maxed out (hairworks included)

2GHz 2080ti dips even below 49fps in one place and stock 2080ti would dip even lower.

Mods I'm using are definitely on the performance tanking side of things.

Regardless, good to see improvement with 3080. I can't wait for 3090 benchmarks because that's the one I'm getting.

PROGRESS!!

Greatest decision. All the launch fuckery isn’t worth it
It has to be intentional. So I just won’t play that game.

I did for the Switch in April, because my daughter wanted it for her birthday. But I ain’t doing it for something I want but don’t need.

Mista

Banned
It has to be intentional. So I just won’t play that game.

I did for the Switch in April, because my daughter wanted it for her birthday. But I ain’t doing it for something I want but don’t need.
You know the thing is half of the early adopters are just going to sell the GPUs on eBay

So disappointed today, I had the afternoon off and got comfy around launch time. My local emporium unleashed the kraken and I went straight to the MSI Trio, 21 in stock and ready to go, straight to the basket and checkout......... ........ ....... bad gateway, refresh, bad gateway... Back to checkout, it's now red and none in stock and nothing from any other brand either. Ok I lick my wounds and head to Nvidia's page, they wont let me down. Inform me, F5, F5, F5, F5 etc etc . Sold out.

What a shit launch!

Got Gigabyte gaming OC, money has been drawn, got confirmation e-mail, but I have no idea if I'll be lucky enough to get it next week. The hype is insane.

You're saying there's a chance some of us will get AIB cards as soon as next week?! I have no idea when these are supposed to arrive.

cucuchu

Was going to go to Micro Center after work last night but apparently there was already a line and only the basic EVGA cards with no backplate so I decided to try my chances online.... That was an utter failure on my part. I did get a backorder in with Adorama and a preorder in with amazon germany which I'm fairly certain will never be fulfilled. Hopefully we see some orders start trickling in to other sites since retailers are just continuously getting them but that also means having to be ready to prounce on any stock that becomes available within probably a 10 second time frame.

Definitely. But why not allow preorders, or let me know in advance what time it was going on sale. When I went to bed last night, it was just available the 17th. When I got up and finally got online, it was sold out.

Clearly they wanted the frenzy, and to brag about it. I can wait.
It was sold out within literal seconds of going on sale. I'd wager that close to 85% of people just plain didn't get one.

McHuj

I remember gettin a 9, 10, and 20 series on launch day without issues. Yes they sold out, but not until later in the day.

this is next level shit and makes me think it’s a complete paper launch.

im not really anticipating playing anything in PC until cyberpunk so it’s ok, I can wait.

Nydus

The price will be corrected soon of course. :lollipop_grinning:
huh thats interesting. im hunting for the TUF now. the design is not my favorite but the reviews convinced me. could bite myself that i didnt order it for 699€ when i had the chance. went for the ventus instead (if that even ships) cause it was visually more appealing.

cucuchu

Anyone from outside Germany had any cancellations with their amazon.de orders? I ordered a Zotac Trinity from there around 9am EST once it became apparent what a shit show this was all going to be. On NVIDIA discord people are reporting talks with amazon reps saying their orders are valid, but that doesn't mean much. I guess we'll find out if our cards get charged.

Last edited:
So I got an email from Caseking telling me they don't know when my order is going to ship because they don't know when they'll get their first (?) batch of GPUs :messenger_tears_of_joy: I don't think any of this should be surprising, just wondering why they would send out such an email in the first place... isn't this normal for preorders of this kind?

cucuchu

Who's paying these ludicrous marked up prices on ebay for this card? Who are these 1 percenters?

Hardly anyone. People are making dud accounts to spike up the ebay bids for the scalpers to troll them. Someone on the NVIDIA forums posted that he created a bot which creates accounts and bids on the ebay auctions to drive them up. Not sure how legal that is, but I tend to believe him looking at some of the prices I'm seeing people bid. Might not be legal, but I'm all about it

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
Wtf
Screenshot-20200917-195915-Chrome.jpg

Secret sauce

Anyone from outside Germany had any cancellations with their amazon.de orders? I ordered a Zotac Trinity from there around 9am EST once it became apparent what a shit show this was all going to be. On NVIDIA discord people are reporting talks with amazon reps saying their orders are valid, but that doesn't mean much. I guess we'll find out if our cards get charged.

According to the product page they are expected to arrive to Amazon facilities tomorrow 18th, therefore we will see

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
I was working over the phone at home and had been in front of the screen since 5am. keep updating the couple sites and nothing. Nvidia's site just keep giving me the notify button without even showing any of the buy option. Neweggs was a mess crashing all the time. got Best Buy to put a card into my cart and got to the payment part before the site dumped me out and emptied my cart. Amazon never shown any of the cards as available at all even thou I've been constantly refreshing the page. contacted Amazon customer service and was basically told they're showing on their side the cards will be restock again in Oct 5th. not sure how many they're getting but there's hoping I guess.

I think that's mostly just people who're upset with the scalpers so they went on these auctions and over bid them then not pay or take out the bid at the last moment just to fuck with the seller. since they won't be able to list the same thing within 5 days or something. I'm kinda thinking about getting a few burner accounts to do that too tbh.

Top Bottom