• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

Rikkori

Shunt modding (spoiler: not worth it)

Also vis-a-vis the Asus TUF cards, don't read too much into it. They have sent the best chips to the reviewers & I don't believe for a second the samples are representative of what you'd buy at random.

Rygeist

Banned
Thoughts on when that might be?

Honestly, I would keep refreshing all day. If we don't get them today we probably won't for a long time. I just remember the 2080 and the 2080 Super also being a bitch to get. They definitely didn't sell out in seconds though.

If not, then who the hell knows? Lol. Maybe 2021.

Rygeist

Banned
Well boys, it was fun while it lasted. I don't think anyone got a card so we all get to suffer together.

100% an email harvesting. The stock was a complete lie.

Saw this on reddit. Gave me a good laugh.

qj5w1lqwppn51.jpg

Went to Microcenter this morning, where they completely and utterly mishandled it because they apparently handed out vouchers last night rather than morning when people were actually lining up. Not torn up about it like some people on line were, but I'm definitely disappointed. Oh well, it's not like I had anything demanding to play on my PC at the moment anyway.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I keep spamming refresh on this Amazon page, but haven't seen one in stock even once.

Any idea if they are all gone or just haven't gone up yet?

honestly one of the worst launches i've ever experienced. all sites within split seconds were out of stock. and i was on the pages ready to go 30 min in advance just monitoring. complete disaster.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Went to Microcenter this morning, where they completely and utterly mishandled it because they apparently handed out vouchers last night rather than morning when people were actually lining up. Not torn up about it like some people on line were, but I'm definitely disappointed. Oh well, it's not like I had anything demanding to play on my PC at the moment anyway.

That's so ignorant that I'm at a loss for words...especially if it was not widely communicated.

Siri

Banned
Would it be politically incorrect to adopt a child from a third world country and have him/her sit at my computer refreshing the browser for days, possibly weeks on end, until he/she snags me a card - and then send the child back??

Would it be politically incorrect to adopt a child from a third world country and have him/her sit at my computer refreshing the browser for days, possibly weeks on end, until he/she snags me a card - and then send the child back??

Considering current availability, that child would be a grown adult before you were able to send them back home.

Vlaphor

Had the same issue. I tried to call them last night, but they never picked up, so I tried texting them and just got a boilerplate response to read the faq. I leave at 5:30 and get there at 6:30 and they're all sold out. I took a day off work to try and get this.

Hype is real. A single Dutch webstore (and not even the most popular one) received 800 orders in under 30 minutes. They don't expect to be able to fulfil them all in the coming months.

Last edited:
Best Buy is the worse. Get your site together, dummies.

XolZJ7r.png
Should be:

Add to Cart
Notify Me When I Can Actually Add to Cart

Edit: I feel like, one of these refreshes is going to yield an Add to Cart button for me, but I'm just going to waste time staring at it uncomprehendingly, like I'm seeing a fucking unicorn or something.

Last edited:

Rygeist

Banned
DUDEEEEE

I just added the FE to my cart on the NVIDIA Site and its NOT LETTING ME CHECK OUT. This is fucking painful.

Siri

Banned
It’ll be next year before these cards become readily available.... and well into next year if the pandemic interrupts the supply chain.

My now 2-year-old RTX 2080 TI is becoming a better purchase with each passing month.

It’ll be next year before these cards become readily available.... and well into next year if the pandemic interrupts the supply chain.

My now 2-year-old RTX 2080 TI is becoming a better purchase with each passing month.
It never stopped being a great card because better valued cards are coming out to begin with.

bargeparty

Finally got my order confirmation for the Asus RTX 3080 ROG Strix OC - Arriving October 22.. So I guess that's batch #2. Now I wonder if I dare completely wasting money on a 3090 or wait.. I don't really need it until the G2 arrives anyway..

From where? Asus said the Strix wouldn't be available yet.

I feel like I'm having a mid-life [gaming] crisis. I am SO ready for the hot 18-yr old and convertible (30x series), but am instead still stuck driving around solo in my 2001 Honda Prelude (1080ti).

Finally got my order confirmation for the Asus RTX 3080 ROG Strix OC - Arriving October 22.. So I guess that's batch #2. Now I wonder if I dare completely wasting money on a 3090 or wait.. I don't really need it until the G2 arrives anyway..

Fucking October? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh, that sucks.

Last edited:

Rygeist

Banned

How? I thought they weren't even available to pre-order or anything.

Super disappointed in this whole thing. I had 2 monitors with every store I could think of open and refreshed right at 0859 and nothing from any store was available. Best Buy would occasionally show the same 2 different cards available but that would fail a checkout. Extremely bummed by this whole thing.

nemiroff

Gold Member
How? I thought they weren't even available to pre-order or anything.

Really? This is a Norwegian online store, I guess that could play a role. They had it listed as ready to send out tomorrow, but I was a couple of minutes too slow so I didn't get into that slot.

Edit:

This one is actually in stock.. "PNY RTX 3080 10GB XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X"..
qPD94BI.jpg

..But I'm not going to buy it, have no idea what this thing is..

Last edited:

Siri

Banned
Extremely bummed by this whole thing.

All joking aside, we need only remind ourselves how much suffering is happening in the world at present, and be thankful for what we have.

I’ve got an LG C9 and an RTX 2080 TI and a 9900k. My Mom’s healthy at present, and my girlfriend, even though I’ve insisted we distance, due to me looking after my Mom, has stayed with me.

And I still have my job and my health. My cup runs over.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
All joking aside, we need only remind ourselves how much suffering is happening in the world at present, and be thankful for what we have.

I’ve got an LG C9 and an RTX 2080 TI and a 9900k. My Mom’s healthy at present, and my girlfriend, even though I’ve insisted we distance, due to me looking after my Mom, has stayed with me.

And I still have my job and my health. My cup runs over.

Captain Positive in here keeping it real.

Top Bottom