• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

TaySan

Banned
It was gone literally the second it opened up by bots. lol Doesn't bode well for the 3090 will probably even have less in stock.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
What a shitshow. They need to create a high demand system that works differently from the just in time crap. I had so many in my cart from various sites only to lose them.

All joking aside, we need only remind ourselves how much suffering is happening in the world at present, and be thankful for what we have.

I’ve got an LG C9 and an RTX 2080 TI and a 9900k. My Mom’s healthy at present, and my girlfriend, even though I’ve insisted we distance, due to me looking after my Mom, has stayed with me.

And I still have my job and my health. My cup runs over.
Na, fuck all that and fuck your good ass day. It's been a shit day. My 2 month old daughter had to get 3 shots in her legs today and I missed getting any card. It's been a shit day for my family. Glad your having a grand ol' time. Sun's always shining on Siri.

Last edited:

Thabass

Na, fuck all that and fuck your good ass day. It's been a shit day. My 2 month old daughter had to get 3 shots in her legs today and I missed getting any card. It's been a shit day for my family. Glad your having a grand ol' time. Sun's always shining on Siri.

Laughing at the last part btw. The rest of that sounds awful.

TitanNut88

Let's focus on the future after this launch day drama. When will the availability get to a normality? What happened with RTX20 series?

TaySan

Banned
Apparently someone managed to get 20 3080's through bots. Not even one of these websites tried to make it a little hard for them to check out.

Laughing at the last part btw. The rest of that sounds awful.
I'm not really mad. I feel worse for my daughter. Though tbh, she's took the shots like a champ according to my wife and by the time she got home to me she's all smiles. She's just been super tired today I think from the shots.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
Finally first GPU powerful enough to run Witcher 3 maxed out at 4K in the most demanding benchmark location.

6290FCg.jpg

Last edited:

Myths

It should be a limit to one household address for starters, re-captchas and whatever other sophisticated algorithm to obviate bots.

These retailers won’t because they probably like the traffic even while they’re OOS on big release items.

DJT123

The real PCMR is scooping this shit up RN. It's a very small club (secret society?) and NONE of us are invited.

eNT1TY

i spent all my luck on a ps5 from bestbuy it seems, B&H Photo may be my only hope now for an msi gaming x trio ideally but i'd snatch any available one.

Nydus

The zotac on Amazon has to be broken. It's still up for 699€. That can't be right. Furthermore early benchmarks show that it is slower then the FE. Fuck me hard 🤮

Last edited:

Rygeist

Banned
Lmfao. They're saying that anyone that got a FE was a bot. The FE sold out in 92 fucking seconds.

It's a joke how many bots there are on ebay selling them for $1000+. It's so mind-boggling how they didn't see this coming.

The zotac on Amazon has to be broken. It's still up for 699€. That can't be right. Furthermore early benchmarks show that it is slower then the FE. Fuck me hard 🤮

Same here, thankfully I managed to grab an ASUS TUF and an EVGA FTW3 Ultra from Amazon.co.uk, even though both of them were already TOS, so lets see if Amazon receives any of those, keeping my fingers crossed for the EVGA

pawel86ck

Banned
Weird, I never encountered a single FPS drop on non-modded version of the game on my 2080Ti...
Here's their benchmark location. Remember they are using maxed out settings, hair works included.

WTHXX7X.jpg

Most benchmark sites test games in typical scenarios, however the same game can run literally 2x worse in the most demanding location. I remember GTA5, game run around 80fps on my PC in the city area, however grassy areas were much more demanding 30-40fps.

Last edited:

Rygeist

Banned
All joking aside, we need only remind ourselves how much suffering is happening in the world at present, and be thankful for what we have.

I’ve got an LG C9 and an RTX 2080 TI and a 9900k. My Mom’s healthy at present, and my girlfriend, even though I’ve insisted we distance, due to me looking after my Mom, has stayed with me.

And I still have my job and my health. My cup runs over.

So true. I'm grateful for my good health. I honestly just stressed over a GPU for 6 hours straight. I need a whiskey lol

Same here, thankfully I managed to grab an ASUS TUF and an EVGA FTW3 Ultra from Amazon.co.uk, even though both of them were already TOS, so lets see if Amazon receives any of those, keeping my fingers crossed for the EVGA

You were able to get two and now you're looking for a third? Or did I mis-read that?

I need a whiskey lol

Pour me one, will ya.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
They are fine. I bought from them in the past. Sometimes they can take a while to ship if the demand is very high.

I ordered a second zotac from amazon. Am I the scalper now? :messenger_face_screaming::messenger_dizzy::messenger_poop:

Yeah, fuck you. If everyone does that shit you're doing no wonder other people don't get to buy a card.

octiny

Banned
My local MC still has a shit ton 3080's left. Called to confirm too.

Bodes well for when I try to snatch a 3090 on the 24th.

Last edited:
Here's their benchmark location. Remember they are using maxed out settings, hair works included.

WTHXX7X.jpg

Most benchmark sites test games in typical scenarios, however the same game can run literally 2x worse in the most demanding location. I remember GTA5, game run around 80fps on my PC in the city area, however grassy areas were much more demanding 30-40fps.
I went to this location and even on my heavily modified version of the game (and I mean HEAVILY) it holds 60FPS just fine.

Weird.

Last edited:
You were able to get two and now you're looking for a third? Or did I mis-read that?

Pour me one, will ya.

The thing is none of them are in stock, there’s no guarantee to get any of them, that’s why I went for those I could add to the basket even though they weren’t on stock.

With Amazon you can’t rest assured when ordering items temporary out of stock man, they might just cancel the order put of nowhere

The thing is none of them are in stock, there’s no guarantee to get any of them, that’s why I went for those I could add to the basket even though they weren’t on stock.

With Amazon you can’t rest assured when ordering items temporary out of stock man, they might just cancel the order put of nowhere

Ah, I don't seem to get an option to order on Amazon US if it's out of stock. (edit: For these cards, anyways.)

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

At the age of 36 having been through every major console launch and having decent success, this has got to be the biggest shit show of launches that I have ever participated in.

With that said I was FINALLY able to get Overclockers.uk to load and purchase a MSI 3080 Gaming Trio X, the money has been taken, I have the confirmation email. I have no clue when i'll get it but at this point I don't even care.

The Zotac 3080 page in Amazon.de is totally broken. I'm sure we'll receive a slew of "We're sorry, we had to cancel your order" mails tomorrow.

Last edited:

Nydus

Yeah, fuck you. If everyone does that shit you're doing no wonder other people don't get to buy a card.
To be honest i dont expect any of those to get trough. You can STILL order them no problem on amazon with delivery on the 19th. Either there is a bug in the system or Zotac got 10 times the GPU of the other vendors and sent their whole stock to amazon.de.

Mista

Banned
Yea, I'd say the coolers on about 99.9% of all GPUs ever made look like complete ass.
Look at Zotac’s

And this is Gigabyte’s

Look at Zotac’s

And this is Gigabyte’s

Still not really my thing. Makes me think of Nolan's batmobile, but with neon running lights.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
I went to this location and even on my heavily modified version of the game (and I mean HEAVILY) it holds 60FPS just fine.

Weird.

That's not exactly the same spot because you should see castle in the distance. Also I dont know what exact settings you are using (some mods can improve not just graphics quality but performance as well).

Here's another proof 2080ti cant maintain 60fps everywhere when game is maxed out (hairworks included)

2GHz 2080ti dips even below 49fps in one place and stock 2080ti would dip even lower.

Last edited:

Rygeist

Banned
NowInStock said Amazon had the Asus Strix and Gigabyte models available just now at 1:00 pm. Literally spamming F5 and nothing. They must re stock 2 or 3 at a time I swear

Myths

Zotac is the best looking one for me. Got their 2080ti, hoping the 3080 pulls through. They have a loyal customer here. I would also say their "AMP" and "AMP Extreme" lines are the ones to keep an eye on for performance.

That aside, I'm not convinced by those people showing off 10+ FE ordered. Probably just editing the little HTML on the gmail page and showing off. 🤦‍♂️

Top Bottom