• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

saintjules

Gold Member
uhmmmm

5boeeCT.jpg

mitchman

Gold Member
Holy crap, I just checked the biggest tech online shop here in Norway and they suddenly removed all options to order or pre-order any 30XX cards.

"Due to extreme demand, this product is temporarily unavailable for sale. Click on receive notification and be notified as soon as the product is available for sale again"

My TUF order is still as "November 1"..
Mine's for Oct 22nd at komplett.

Wunray

I gave up on the 3080, gonna try my hand for big Navi or 3070 in January of next year (might get lucky and get 1 on launch)

nemiroff

Gold Member
I'm usually a pretty patient person, but not this time. I've been wanting a new card for too long now and the 20xx series just wasn't a big enough upgrade, especially not for the price. =_=

Yeah.. My 1080 is a great performer, amazing win in the processor lottery. But it has coil whine..; tweets like a little bird at idle.. It's not loud but very annoying. I'm so ready to finally jank it out of there..

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
Apparently EVGA put some stock on sale today. Never would have known. I've been checking all day and even have their dumb notifications setup. Never saw anything.

This entire thing is fucking idiotic at this point. Let us put a fucking order in and ship when they come in. This little game they expect us to play where we have to randomly refresh a store page 24/7 and pray you not only hit at the right time, but can also somehow beat bots is straight up retarded.

TaySan

Banned
Fuck EVGA's website. Had it in my car and was in checkout and everything, but they already sold my damn card.

Why can't they send these cards to Amazon or something that can actually handle the traffic?

Last edited:
Fuck EVGA's website. Had it in my car and was in checkout and everything, but they already sold my damn card.

Why can't they send these cards to Amazon or something that can actually handle the traffic?

Their site is garbage. However, good news is they're manually going through orders and cancelling bot orders. Not sure how that's going to work, but it's something.

GHG

Gold Member
Prices of the 3080 have risen on the Newegg international store in the last day or so. Every card looks to have had about a $50 increase pre-tax.

And still none of them are in stock.

TaySan

Banned
Prices of the 3080 have risen on the Newegg international store in the last day or so. Every card looks to have had about a $50 increase pre-tax.

There was a PNY 3080 going for $4,000 on Amazon lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Ruh roh

To be fair to Nvidia, this shit was going to happen regardless of if it was planned or not. There's no way to prove that this was somehow designed since some form of this was inevitably going to happen naturally anyway.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
At those prices I think the Strix 3090 is a better buy. But $300 over MSRP is still shit.
I would go for the Strix, but I've read testimonials that Asus' customer service and warranty redemption are terrible (e.g. they replace RMA'd cards with refurbished cards that have visible damage rather than with new cards). Also, my Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II died, though luckily after I stopped using it and had replaced it with an EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW (which I upgraded to an EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2).

Last edited:

Rbk_3

So I am doing some testing and in GTA V I am getting very low GPU usage. Like as low as 40% at 1440p max settings with a 9900KS.

Note this video is still processing the HD version

Also, RDR 2 is sitting at 90% usage.

I think my card is jacked because I am also having stuttering frametime issues in Warzone as mention earlier in this tread and Warzone has crashed5x now.

I would go for the Strix, but I've read testimonials that Asus' customer service and warranty redemption are terrible (e.g. they replace RMA'd cards with refurbished cards that have visible damage rather than with new cards). Also, my Asus HD 7979 DirectCU II died, though luckily after I stopped using it and had replaced it with an EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW (which I upgraded to an EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2).

RMA cards aren't new though.

Type_Raver

Looks like I'll be without a proper graphics card for another 6 weeks. I recently preordered an evga 3080 FTW3 Ultra, just hope it arrives in time for some Cyberpunk 2077 action!

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Looks like I'll be without a proper graphics card for another 6 weeks. I recently preordered an evga 3080 FTW3 Ultra, just hope it arrives in time for some Cyberpunk 2077 action!
What's the difference between the Gaming Edition and Ultra Edition? Can the former be overclocked to the speed of the latter and are they equally binned?

BluRayHiDef

Banned
So I am doing some testing and in GTA V I am getting very low GPU usage. Like as low as 40% at 1440p max settings with a 9900KS.

I think my card is jacked because I am also having stuttering frametime issues in Warzone as mention earlier in this tread and Warzone has crashed5x now.

Drivers and perhaps a frame-rate cap in GTAV.

gotta keep these 8000 cuda cores fed.

a rather single thread dependend game at 1440p probably isn't the right way to do that. than GTA5 has this 200fps bug. but that should be more noticable in the form of regular frametime spikes.

ZywyPL

Banned
To be fair to Nvidia, this shit was going to happen regardless of if it was planned or not.

I don't think NV gets any more money, nor any of the cards manufacturer, due to high demand/price, all the extra price goes directly as the store margin, while NV get's their usual cut for their chips when selling them directly to Asus, Gigabyte, MSI etc. and those get a fixed cash as well for each unit sold to the stores. So miners, scalpers, none of this matters as far as their profit goes per each unit.

Type_Raver

What's the difference between the Gaming Edition and Ultra Edition? Can the former be overclocked to the speed of the latter and are they equally binned?
All I know for certain is that it has a higher base/boost clock.
Everything else we'll need to learn once reviews are out. I suspect it's going to be a marginal difference at most, but I'd be happy to be surprised.

GHG

Gold Member
So it's true the reviews for the 3090 won't be dropping until release day? Doesn't bode well.

Don't need 'em.

Here are some real world 3090 benchmarks vs the 3080:

• Time Spy (graphics): 20569 vs 17645 (via arstechnica). 16.6% Increase
  • Time Spy Extreme (graphics): 10560 vs 8798 (via arstechnica). 20% Increase
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey (4K/Maxed): 71 vs 63 (via arstechinica) 12.7% Increase
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (4K/Ultimate Quality): 86 vs 73 (via techspot) 17.8% Increase
  • Red Dead Redemption II (4K/Maxed/No MSAA): 66 (can't find any exact)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (4K/Maxed/DLSS/No RT): 112 vs 103 (via guru 3D) 8.7% Increase
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (4K/Maxed/DLSS/RT): 82 vs 69 (via pcgamer) 18.8% Increase
  • Control DLSS Quality 55-70 vs 64.8 (via gamers nexus)
  • Control DLSS Performance 80-95 (can't find anything)

Basically... don't waste your money unless you must have the best. If you're worried about the 10GB of VRAM then wait for the 20GB versions of the 3080.

waylo

Banned
Another day of F5'ing various online stores. Hope I hit today or tomorrow as I'm back to work on Thursday so I won't have the time to sit around spam refreshing all day.

Wouldn't be a problem if we could just back order, but ya' know, that's apparently too tough. Much easier letting bots flood your store then manually going through every order to try and weed them out.

Don't need 'em.

Here are some real world 3090 benchmarks vs the 3080:

• Time Spy (graphics): 20569 vs 17645 (via arstechnica). 16.6% Increase
  • Time Spy Extreme (graphics): 10560 vs 8798 (via arstechnica). 20% Increase
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey (4K/Maxed): 71 vs 63 (via arstechinica) 12.7% Increase

Thanks! Still seems fishy, tho. Release-date embargoes always do. Especially when it's a product that has a 'do or die' release situation where you either get on board from the get-go or wait an indeterminate period of time.

Mista

Banned
If those leaked 3090 benchmarks are real, then shame on Nvidia. Just 10% faster than the 3080? This is supposed to be your titan card...

If those leaked 3090 benchmarks are real, then shame on Nvidia. Just 10% faster than the 3080? This is supposed to be your titan card...

I mean, 10-20% based on the above. Still, wasn't the difference between a titan and x080 in prior gens more like 20-30%? That's about what I was hoping for.

Top Bottom