• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

ZywyPL

Banned
This is supposed to be your titan card...

Which usually are just 5-10% faster than the top Geforce model, but with absurd amount of RAM instead, which is the sole reason they're so much more expensive. The leaked 20GB 3080 will be closer in price to 3090 than 3080, with virtually zero performance difference, now that card will be a terrible deal, I have no doubts about it.

nemiroff

Gold Member
So it's true the reviews for the 3090 won't be dropping until release day? Doesn't bode well.

It does seem to be true yes.

I mean, 10-20% based on the above. Still, wasn't the difference between a titan and x080 in prior gens more like 20-30%? That's about what I was hoping for.

The guy who posted the 3090 benchmark had his card overclocked..+75 Core, +200 Memory. Don't know what it means in % compared to stock.

Last edited:
I got angry at Nvidia that their fucking cards are sold out everywhere so I bought LG CX65 to cheer myself up.

I wonder when we can expect re-stock of 3080.

:messenger_smirking:

Siri

Banned

If these numbers end up being accurate then (cost aside) the 3090 is an incredible card, considering that it’s virtually a ‘launch day card’ for the new series.

Horizon Zero Dawn is running at a whopping 60% faster at 4K (maxed out) than my 2080 TI. I’m trying to think if we‘ve ever seen such a leap? I don’t think we have. The 2080 TI isn’t exactly a slouch. 60% faster!

Again, that’s IF those numbers hold up.

Well, from what I've read, the replacement cards that Asus provides typically function poorly and have cosmetic damage, which is my main point.

Go get the card at Best Buy when they become readily available, with the Geek Squad warranty. No other way of getting around receiving a refurb if/when you have to RMA it.

For me, that's another reason I want to wait is because I don't know what the failure rate will be like with these. Probably low low, but there are already a handful of reasons to wait and that is just one more.

Rikkori

If these numbers end up being accurate then (cost aside) the 3090 is an incredible card, considering that it’s virtually a ‘launch day card’ for the new series.

Horizon Zero Dawn is running at a whopping 60% faster at 4K (maxed out) than my 2080 TI. I’m trying to think if we‘ve ever seen such a leap? I don’t think we have. The 2080 TI isn’t exactly a slouch. 60% faster!

Again, that’s IF those numbers hold up.
Fake. But who reads descriptions anymore?

It is a 3DMark Time Spy score which I can use to calculate this GPU's performance.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
For 4k and only 200 dollars difference 3080 is the only way to go imo.
yeah.... I actually think 3070 looks a bit nicer on the backside and the pc is on my desk.
But if performance delivers, 3080 is the way too go. If I will ever be able to grab fe model

Patrick S.

Banned
The Gigabyte Eagle OC was up on Mindfactory.de for €900 today. It said ">5 sold" and "450 watching " and like two minutes later it was gone. So they probably had 5-10 cards. 900 is way too much. I have a Preorder for the Zotac card on Amazon.de for €699 since a few minutes after the card went up for sale on the 17th, that says "we will notify you with a delivery date once we know it", I hope that doesn't get canceled, because that card is now €850 and unavailable everywhere. All this sucks. And I have the money in Amazon funds, so I can't take it out and buy somewhere else, either.

Edit: lol the inno ichill 4x is up on Amazon.de for €929 plus €8 postage, available October 13th.... from a third party seller with 7 transactions and 57% positive rating... yeah no, thanks.

Last edited:
I got angry at Nvidia that their fucking cards are sold out everywhere so I bought LG CX65 to cheer myself up.

I wonder when we can expect re-stock of 3080.

:messenger_smirking:

Congrats... but don't the 10 series OLED's have issues with these Ampere cards (when you do inevitably get one, if you use it with the TV)?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If those leaked 3090 benchmarks are real, then shame on Nvidia. Just 10% faster than the 3080? This is supposed to be your titan card...
You could argue that the 3090 only seems like a relative let down because the 3080 by comparison is such a high performing card.

Congrats... but don't the 10 series OLED's have issues with these Ampere cards (when you do inevitably get one, if you use it with the TV)?
Thanks! It's a software / drivers issues. Will be fixed long before we Ampere cards are available.

I'm typing to you from my new TV. It's super nice and a decent upgrade from 55C7V.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
yeah.... I actually think 3070 looks a bit nicer on the backside and the pc is on my desk.
But if performance delivers, 3080 is the way too go. If I will ever be able to grab fe model
i will literally buy a pink 3080 with mini-dicks all over it if the price was even 20 dollars cheaper...
Aesthetics it's the last thing that matter for me.

Last edited:
Damn. I know you've been pretty vigilant these last few days. Were you just staying on that page refreshing or did you have another strategy?

It was the Distill extension that tipped me off. Soon as the buzzer sounded indicating something had changed on the Amazon 3080 landing page, I immediately went there, saw the 'buying options' button, clicked it, clicked buy now, bought. Was only after I made the purchase that I even stopped to look at what I was purchasing. Was already signed in to Amazon, so from the time the buzzer sounded and the purchase was made, maybe only 15 seconds had passed.

Edit: Now I'm just praying I don't get an email saying, "Oh, uh....about that purchase...."

Last edited:

As one of my favorite games of all time and a hopefully-soon-to-be rtx owner, this makes me very happy to see.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You know what I’m curious about. Supposedly COVID has killed the economy and cost everyone their jobs, yet we’re seeing super high demand for high priced electronics at Black Friday levels. What the hell.
1. Those high priced electronics are one of the few avenues available for people to spend their money on as other luxuries like travel and events have died.
2. There are still enough rich, middle class, and poor people with credit to spare to buy truckloads of high priced electronics. COVID wrecked the economy, but there is a very very very large spectrum from "booming economy" to "everyone in the USA is poor now". We're somewhere in the middle.

Nydus

The Gigabyte Eagle OC was up on Mindfactory.de for €900 today. It said ">5 sold" and "450 watching " and like two minutes later it was gone. So they probably had 5-10 cards. 900 is way too much. I have a Preorder for the Zotac card on Amazon.de for €699 since a few minutes after the card went up for sale on the 17th, that says "we will notify you with a delivery date once we know it", I hope that doesn't get canceled, because that card is now €850 and unavailable everywhere. All this sucks. And I have the money in Amazon funds, so I can't take it out and buy somewhere else, either.

Edit: lol the inno ichill 4x is up on Amazon.de for €929 plus €8 postage, available October 13th.... from a third party seller with 7 transactions and 57% positive rating... yeah no, thanks.
i got an email today from cyberport.de that my TUF might arrive on october 9th. Granted thats over 2 weeks from now but i placed my order on the 18th (a whole day late) and im on vacation next week. So ill be happy if it really arrives then. Im a bit bummed that ill have to pay 749€ instead of the 699€ but since the shipping is free to store its "just" 40€ more. and i dont see the prices coming down to 699€ for a looooooooong time :(

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Looks like 10GB won't be enough for 4K-Ultra in the upcoming Watchdogs: Legion.

Ubisoft said:
4K / Ultra Settings
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or AMD Radeon VII
  • VRAM: 11 GB
  • RAM: 16 GB (Dual-channel setup)
  • Storage Space: 45 GB (+ 20 GB HD Textures Pack)
  • Operating System: Windows 10 (x64)

Looks like 10GB won't be enough for 4K-Ultra in the upcoming Watchdogs: Legion.

Nah. They just list the amount of VRAM the 2080 Ti has. Doesn't really have anything to do with how much the game actually uses.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Thinking about getting a RTX 3070 for my next build, liking the benchmarks I'm hearing on it.

EDMIX

Are there 3070 benchmarks? I wonder if 3080 is worth getting over 3070

I saw something on it the other day

So not 100% sure I'd say its a full benchmark to go by, but I don't know if I'll pay for the difference you get with 3080.

....maybe. I'll need to see more.

edit. The system I'm building is actually based on my work as my PC is primarily used for graphic design, photoshop, clip studio, Sony Vegas etc. I simply always add a bit more to the budget to game on it. So I'm fine if I'm able to run it at decent settings as majority of my gaming will likely still be on console and handheld.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
I saw something on it the other day

So not 100% sure I'd say its a full benchmark to go by, but I don't know if I'll pay for the difference you get with 3080.

....maybe. I'll need to see more.

edit. The system I'm building is actually based on my work as my PC is primarily used for graphic design, photoshop, clip studio, Sony Vegas etc. I simply always add a bit more to the budget to game on it. So I'm fine if I'm able to run it at decent settings as majority of my gaming will likely still be on console and handheld.
Maybe a 3070 with 16gb of vram as rumored is the way to go, hmm.

cucuchu

I know there is a frenzy for these among enthusiasts but I'm pretty convinced something went wrong with a lot of these in manufacturing. Micro Center getting in a grand total of 500 or less across their entire chain of stores (since release), Amazon getting next to nothing, etc. I know NVIDIA said what they said in their statement, but I don't buy it. I think maybe they are catching up in production. When my Dell order was canceled, he told me my 3080 was canceled because the item was removed from their inventory due to manufacturing problems.

Follow-up email w/ service rep

After I told people on nvidia discord about this, I was immediately banned from their discord and a lot of people were tagging me saying 'fake news' and shit. They banned me before I had a chance to follow up with the dell service rep via e-mail, but oh well. Post was removed from their reddit too. Just odd.

Hopefully the production has picked up and the next few weeks will see a smoothing out of availability. It's exhausting having to maintain some form of 24/7 (or close to it) awareness to try and have a chance of buying one of these, and then demoralizing when you have to drive to work and boom that 20 second window on Amazon to snag one occurs when you are on the free way.

Siri

Banned
It'll be fine. It'll allocate what's available and adjust accordingly like all games do.

So, unlike most here, I’m actually quite enthusiastic about Ubisoft games - the Watch Dogs and Far Cry games in particular are favourites of mine. But never again will I assume that any of Ubisoft’s upcoming titles will run well, not even on cutting edge hardware.

I like your optimism, but it’s Ubisoft we’re talking about, and you just never know with them. To this day, Far Cry 4 gives me problems. The Division 2, on the other hand, is a technical masterpiece. Not the game itself, but the engine.

Also, I have serious reservations about Ubisoft Kiev. For me, that studio is synonymous with stutter on the pc. I can’t stand that studio.

I agree, it’s unlikely that Legion will eat up that much Vram - but damn... it’s Ubisoft.

EDMIX

I just made Unreal Engine crash by running out of VRAM trying to save assets on disk.

3090 it is then lmao

I wish I could get that card, but my budget just doesn't call for it.

One day. I feel I need to finish a big project or something to really justify the extra cost as I do hope to build a beast PC one day vs minimum lol

Malakhov Malakhov True, thats probably what I end up going with next year.

Last edited:
So, unlike most here, I’m actually quite enthusiastic about Ubisoft games - the Watch Dogs and Far Cry games in particular are favourites of mine. But never again will I assume that any of Ubisoft’s upcoming titles will run well, not even on cutting edge hardware.

I like your optimism, but it’s Ubisoft we’re talking about, and you just never know with them. To this day, Far Cry 4 gives me problems. The Division 2, on the other hand, is a technical masterpiece. Not the game itself, but the engine.

Also, I have serious reservations about Ubisoft Kiev. For me, that studio is synonymous with stutter on the pc. I can’t stand that studio.

I agree, it’s unlikely that Legion will eat up that much Vram - but damn... it’s Ubisoft.
Well, with Ubisoft it really can be a crap shoot. I have confidence things will be fine. Their last few releases have released without any issues I can remember. Or they were so trivial that they just don't stick out in my mind. Right now on my PC I have Assassin's Creed Unity, Syndicate, Origins and Watch Dogs 2 installed and I've played a few hours of either of them whenever I'm in the mood for a certain setting and they all play very well. The last 2 AssCreeds released on PC with no issues and both looked great. One could make the argument that Odyssey doesn't run as well for the visuals you get, but you can easily get 60+fps with certain settings selected off.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I just got off the phone with my local Microcenter and was told that if I show up by a certain time on Thursday, which I will not say, that I should definitely be able to get an RTX 3090. The store employee said that if people show up earlier than that, they'll be removed from the premises. Well, I'm showing up earlier than that but will wait on the sidewalk before I'm allowed to wait at the door.

Herr Edgy

I wish I could get that card, but my budget just doesn't call for it.

One day. I feel I need to finish a big project or something to really justify the extra cost as I do hope to build a beast PC one day vs minimum lol

Malakhov Malakhov True, thats probably what I end up going with next year.
Honestly 3090 is complete overkill for even 95% of enthusiasts. I'm not gonna get a 3090 to circumvent a VRAM issue of Unreal Engine's editor.
But it's quite annoying. I've been making huge progress with my dialogue plugin over the last couple weeks because of semester break. And now that it seemed as advanced and as stable as never before, I test with a production project with tons and tons of dialogue (can't say which though, I'd get fired), and there are huge shortcomings in the way I handled my data. Sorry for offtopic lol

Top Bottom