• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I'll wait on the 3080ftw3. I'm in no rush, I would like it before November though for Cyberpunk.

Playing Destiny as well at 1440p with a 1080ti. The extra boost would be nice to maintain 165fps.
Yeah, I don't feel like I missed out in regard to my attempt to get a card in person at my local Microcenter; they didn't have the card that I wanted: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3. They had the EVGA XC3 Gaming Ultra, the Asus TUF, and some Zotac model.

Tesseract

Banned
added throughput of 32b accum and precision is nice, i wasn't sure about practical returns until i dug into the registry/sfu and observed experiments

examples on ngc are excellent, clean tools and utility libraries that run without hassle

Last edited:

Nydus

Where do you even see the codes? I checked out as a guest cause my stupid auto fill login wasn't working.

Google Nvidia store account or something like that. Or use the link in the mail to see the order status. There you can search for your order either with the order number or or email and CC card number.

Then under the watchdogs and geforce thing you can see a key. Let me know if that worked.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I don't get the joke. Please explain it to me.

I think it's a "first world problem" kind of thing. He was getting at how in this time of a global pandemic, I am worried about you not getting a 3090, which is kind of funny in light of all the madness the world has been thrown into.

That was my interpretation.

GHG

Gold Member
I think it's a "first world problem" kind of thing. He was getting at how in this time of a global pandemic, I am worried about you not getting a 3090, which is kind of funny in light of all the madness the world has been thrown into.

All that matters now is whether we are able to add money to Jensen's rainbow spatula and black leather jacket funds.

benno

Scan UK have a batch arriving on 5th Oct so I bought a 3090 XC3 ULTRA + 1000w G3 PSU.

Looks like a good upgrade over my 2080Ti. Looking forward to an extra 20+FPS in Elite Dangerous VR.

BluRayHiDef

Banned

It's a dumb joke because this is a gaming forum; so, no matter what the condition of the world is, people are going to focus on gaming related issues here.

duhmetree

So 10% faster at 4k vs the 3080. AMD actually have a shot to take the crown. Bring on October.
I didn't think so at first... but with this paper launch... I'm more intrigued at what AMD has to offer.

A 3080 at $699 is a great deal and value. Unheard of for NVDIA. They might be concerned...

IF.. big IF. AMD can push NVDIA like its pushed/surpassed INTEL... it'd be great for everyone

So 10% faster at 4k vs the 3080. AMD actually have a shot to take the crown. Bring on October.
giphy.gif

I hope though. We need an Nvidia that wants to compete not one that wants to roll over everyone.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Gold Member
It's a dumb joke because this is a gaming forum; so, no matter what the condition of the world is, people are going to focus on gaming related issues here.

Well, I was just following your posts and was disappointed you got in line and then that employee came out and said, "nope."

I don't believe he was making fun of you, as he was me, or the situation as a whole.

I dunno if you guys know this, but EVGA is doing a giveaway for the 3090 over on their twitch channel.

or

Just go here and type in 3090 as the "secret word" to enter. Create and account if you don't already have one. I didn't want to say anything, because I want less competition, but the chance of me getting one is slim, and if it's at all possible, I'd love to see at least someone from GAF get one.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Well, I was just following your posts and was disappointed you got in line and then that employee came out and said, "nope."

I don't believe he was making fun of you, as he was me, or the situation as a whole.

There's still one RTX 3090 available at my local Microcenter; if the last person who was given a voucher yesterday doesn't claim it by 3PM, the anyone can buy it. However, it's a Zotac card, and I don't want that.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Looks like I will end up with a 3090. Just waiting on shipping from Nvidia. I wanted a 3080 but failed so many times I couldn't resist trying for the 3090 today. I think I can justify it, though the extra 800 could go a little way into remedying my situation. I game on a mid level 4k screen with no variable refresh rate. The 3090 will help me maintain 60fps at 4k. I don't feel like upgrading the screen until the higher end ones come down in price for 80 inches and above. My 75 inch screen would find no other use.

Whatever. I am so sick of the alerts and f5ing, seeing in-stock then failing after payment details.

Chiggs

Gold Member
There's still one RTX 3090 available at my local Microcenter; if the last person who was given a voucher yesterday doesn't claim it by 3PM, the anyone can buy it. However, it's a Zotac card, and I don't want that.

Well, I'm rooting for you. I think that voucher system sucks.

I don't remember where I read it, but I do remember reading that of ALL the AIB boards that Zotac is the worse as far as quality is concerned. So maybe it's for the best.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Well, I'm rooting for you. I think that voucher system sucks.

Thanks, but I'll be patient. As long as I can snag one by the time that Cyberpunk 2077 is released, then I'll be happy.

I don't remember where I read it, but I do remember reading that of ALL the AIB boards that Zotac is the worse as far as quality is concerned. So maybe it's for the best.

LOL. What about their customer service and warranties?

nemiroff

Gold Member

Uh, well, that would be the best thing to happen to the GPU market for consumers. But I think the wisest thing to do right now is to assume it's not going to happen (...) and let it be a great bonus if actually do. Also, I'm concerned whether AMD has something similar to DLSS to offer, which I consider almost mandatory thing, especially for VR, going forward.

Last edited:

Nydus

Uh, well, that would be the best thing to happen to the GPU market for consumers. But I think the wisest thing to do right now is to assume it's not going to happen (...) and let it be a great bonus if actually do. Also, I'm concerned whether AMD has something similar to DLSS to offer, which I consider almost mandatory thing, especially for VR, going forward.
How many games actually use dlss? I'm also on the dlss hype train and it's really when a game has it. If a game doesn't have it, raster performance is king. And if AMD has more raster power then Nvidia this time around, it could be, overall, the better deal.

How many games actually use dlss? I'm also on the dlss hype train and it's really when a game has it. If a game doesn't have it, raster performance is king. And if AMD has more raster power then Nvidia this time around, it could be, overall, the better deal.
Not many. Off the top of my head.....6? It really would be ideal if it became a standard of sorts.

LOL. What about their customer service and warranties?

I shouldn't even be spreading fud like that about Zotac because I don't remember where I heard it. I think I read it on reddit, so that's why I don't feel confident in saying it's true.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Maybe, but AMD has a loooooot of ground to make up. We also don't know how good their RT is going to be or if they have any extra secret sauce perks like DLSS up their sleeve. It remains to be seen if Nvidia priced their new cards so cheaply because of a potential threat from AMD or for other reasons. Even if Nvidia still manages to keep the performance crown, if they still have supply issues AMD will have a shot to recover some marketshare just from the fact that people can buy their cards(if they can buy them).

October and November will be fun.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Eh, even if AMD was faster on paper, the drivers will probably kill it.

I admit I feel like Nvidia was pretty deceitful during the unveil. The hardware is capable and it's a huge upgrade over the 1080TI I own but they exaggerated quite a bit, to put it mildly. I'm not happy about that and am hesitant to support them. I would love to support an equal or superior AMD but let's be real what are the chances of that.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Maybe, but AMD has a loooooot of ground to make up. We also don't know how good their RT is going to be or if they have any extra secret sauce perks like DLSS up their sleeve. It remains to be seen if Nvidia priced their new cards so cheaply because of a potential threat from AMD or for other reasons. Even if Nvidia still manages to keep the performance crown, if they still have supply issues AMD will have a shot to recover some marketshare just from the fact that people can buy their cards(if they can buy them).

October and November will be fun.
My fear is that AMD will have better hardware but that it will be held back and subsequently will perform worse than Nvidia's cards due to poor drivers.

Max_Po

Banned
man, what are the chances at this rate for a normal person like me to score a 3080?

I just want 4k 60 fps+ CyberPunk 2077

BluRayHiDef

Banned

I admit I feel like Nvidia was pretty deceitful during the unveil. The hardware is capable and it's a huge upgrade over the 1080TI I own but they exaggerated quite a bit, to put it mildly. I'm not happy about that and am hesitant to support them. I would love to support an equal or superior AMD but let's be real what are the chances of that.
I think that Nvidia exaggerated the performance of the 30 Series' cards and rushed their release in order to sell as many of them as possible before AMD could release RDNA2. They're still impressive, however.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I think that Nvidia exaggerated the performance of the 30 Series' cards and rushed their release in order to sell as many of them as possible before AMD could release RDNA2. They're still impressive, however.

I think RDNA2 and console, really.

It's just... this isn't a console. We have benchmarks. We don't need to spend thousands of posts discussing "teraflop efficiency" or whatever the hell people have been doing in that next gen speculation thread. Their "exaggerations" were found out immediately.

Nydus

man, what are the chances at this rate for a normal person like me to score a 3080?

I just want 4k 60 fps+ CyberPunk 2077
Just check the Nvidia store and your favorite retailers multiple times a day. I snagged mine raid in the morning around 6:45 AM german time.

Marlenus

Turns out a lot of 5700XT issues people were having ended up being PSU related not driver related and it seems the 3080 is suffering the same if early indications end up being accurate.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Well, I'm assuming that AMD has far less software enguneers than Nvidia and therefore are inherently incapable of competing with Nvidia's software support.
Yeah. Plus the market leader has an inherent advantage of game devs wanting to prioritize that their games work well with the highest percentage of GPUs first and foremost. Hopefully the Radeon division has been taking notes from their Ryzen colleagues, and that the collabs with MS and Sony have borne fruit. We shall see.

Ulysses 31

Woa!
Amazon.nl actually has a couple of 3090 in STOCK. Order me a Gigabyte one. :lollipop_grinning:

Edit: third party vendor with a ~25% mark up but I doubt they can keep the money and never deliver without amazon stepping in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom