• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

DeaDPo0L84

I got the initial email confirming my 3090 order but not a second email confirming the payment was successful, getting anxious.

Kanton

got a 3090 ordered but then i watched the reviews ouf... wonder if i can find any use for it with MS flight sim in VR. Thinking of returning it tbh

I got the initial email confirming my 3090 order but not a second email confirming the payment was successful, getting anxious.
I got email confirming order and 1700 something EUR is gone from my bank account... Initial delivery time was tomorrow but I received a second email saying that "Despite our best efforts, we do not have a new delivery date available yet. However, as soon as we have new information we will immediately give you an update when you receive your order."

I'm so annoyed.

DeaDPo0L84

Google Nvidia store account or something like that. Or use the link in the mail to see the order status. There you can search for your order either with the order number or or email and CC card number.

Then under the watchdogs and geforce thing you can see a key. Let me know if that worked.

Yup that worked and I see the codes!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
GN Steve's message to AMD to take the trials and tribulations of the Nvidia launch to heart and use this as an opportunity to gain some goodwill is good advice. But will they listen?

pawel86ck

Banned

Guys do you think we can trust this youtuber? I feel like results looks too good to be true. There are few games with over 2x difference (134% in RDR2) compared to 2080, and look at minimum fps as well.

Guys do you think we can trust this youtuber? I feel like results looks too good to be true. There are few games with over 2x difference (134% in RDR2) compared to 2080, and look at minimum fps as well.

I wouldn't. No commentary and the overall presentation seems like a low effort. There are numerous benchmark videos from bigger channels out there, why focus on this one?

I dunno. I've seen that footage floating around and I don't know whether to believe it or not either. It doesn't really gel with other benchmarks so I'm gonna stay in the skeptical camp. AND with how many trustworthy sources there are out their, no need to even look at the rest of that channels videos.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Any tips how to buy 3080 fe when it shows up? I plan to monitor stock but not sure how to grab one of I ever see it available. Is it better and quicker to buy as guest, use paypal or create account and add cc details? I don't see a way to do this before buying though...
And I am on a phone since I've sold 2070 :p

Last edited:

Nydus

Any tips how to buy 3080 fe when it shows up? I plan to monitor stock but not sure how to grab one of I ever see it available. Is it better and quicker to buy as guest, use paypal or create account and add cc details? I don't see a way to do this before buying though...
When I added mine to the cart I wasn't able to get to checkout. I had to Google Nvidia store checkout or store or something like that. I even created an account on the fly I think because the Nvidia account is NOT your store account lol either way I got to a different page where it showed the checkout with the card I added beforehand, I quickly added my cc via bitwarden and off I went into the sunset. I later noticed that I had 3 more FE in the card since I accidentally kept adding them when the checkout didn't work. I deleted those since I feared they would think I'm a bot/scalper if I tried to push those trough as well.

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned
Be on the lookout all day because stock can drop at anytime when you least expect it. What helped me is i follow a discord and i get notification alerts when stock shows up. Save update all your information on every site so you can breeze through check out as quickly as possible. And take advantage of script links that skip you straight to final checkout.

Last edited:

WhartoX

Which DIscord are you using for notifications?

Be on the lookout all day because stock can drop at anytime when you least expect it. What helped me is i follow a discord and i get notification alerts when stock shows up. Save update all your information on every site so you can breeze through check out as quickly as possible. And take advantage of script links that skip you straight to final checkout.

TaySan

Banned
How long do you think before we see reliable "order when you feel like it" stocks of 3090's?
I'm thinking by November everyone that wants a 3090 will be able to get one. But that's only my quess they barely just started ramping up production for the 3090. The high price i think should be a big enough turn off for most people outside of enthusiasts.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
I'm thinking by November everyone that wants a 3090 will be able to get one. But that's only my quess they barely just started ramping up production for the 3090. The high price i think should be a big enough turn off for most people outside of enthusiasts.

Thats what I'm hoping for, excited to upgrade my rendering workstation with it, but couldnt find one this morning.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
What do you guys think about the ARGB lighting of the EVGA RTX 3000 Series FTW3?
EijHsx2UYAIy28o

EijHsyqU8AAWO9Q

EijHszeUYAAFFQJ

(The lighting is turned off in this picture)
EijHs0PU4AAQH20

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I think its gaudy and ugly, like most things like it. Ugliest GPU by a long shot, looks like someone melted it first before shipping it.

What? It looks amazing. Those bold, illuminated colors would look great in an ARGB build, such as mine.

GigV4q4.jpg

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
What do you guys think about the ARGB lighting of the EVGA RTX 3000 Series FTW3?
EijHsx2UYAIy28o

EijHsyqU8AAWO9Q

EijHszeUYAAFFQJ

(The lighting is turned off in this picture)
EijHs0PU4AAQH20
I think it looks amazing how they keep the color so consistent throughout without being able to see the individual lights inside

Malakhov

Banned
I don't even have a transparent cover for my pc, it's an all black case. Could flash pink and purple and look like shit and I wouldn't care. I just want a fucking 3080

Mista

Banned
People still trying to buy a 3080, let alone a 3090. This is a disgrace

Nvidia should've handled this better. Looking at the prices on eBay and all I can say is fuck scalpers...

Rikkori

British retailer Overclockers.co.uk also lists RTX 3070 models, although the pricing is only shown on each product page:

• ASUS RTX 3070 ROG STRIX OC: 660 GBP
  • ASUS RTX 3070 ROG STRIX OC: 630 GBP
  • PNY RTX 3070 XLR8 EPIC-X: 560 GBP
  • ASUS RTX 3070 DUAL OC: 549 GBP
  • PALIT RTX 3070 GAMEROCK OC: 549 GBP
  • PNY RTX 3070 XLR8 EPIC-X: 540 GBP
  • EVGA RTX 3070 ICX3: 530 GBP
  • INNO3D RTX 3070 ICHILL X4: 530 GBP
  • PALIT RTX 3070 GAMEROCK: 530 GBP
  • PALIT RTX 3070 GAMINGPRO OC: 530 GBP
  • INNO3D RTX 3070 ICHILL X3: 510 GBP
  • ASUS RTX 3070 DUAL OC: 500 GBP
  • INNO3D RTX 3070 TWIN X2: 500 GBP
  • KFA2 (GALAX) RTX 3070 SG: 500 GBP
  • PALIT RTX 3070 GAMINGPRO: 500 GBP
  • ZOTAC RTX 3070 TWIN EDGE: 500 GBP
  • The MSRP is UK is 469 GBP.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I don't even have a transparent cover for my pc, it's an all black case. Could flash pink and purple and look like shit and I wouldn't care. I just want a fucking 3080

Same here. I have it next to my TV. It would be a distraction. I actually have my case wide open because I was fit checking. It looks like a goddamned carnival, ferris wheel and all. I cant wait to cover that eyesore up and not look at it again until a major upgrade.

Ultradsa

Anyone get the idea that there isn't going to be a 3080 TI? There's literly no performance room between the 3080 and 3090, none! I guess they could just add ram but whats the odds of that? It would be the first time a Ti just means ram increase.

Anyone get the idea that there isn't going to be a 3080 TI? There's literly no performance room between the 3080 and 3090, none! I guess they could just add ram but whats the odds of that? It would be the first time a Ti just means ram increase.

I bet there will be, if they release a 3090 Ti/Super.

If so the 3080 Ti/Super would be about on par with the 3090. Probably do the same thing Turing did (i.e. 2070 Super replaced 2070 at $499, and 2080 Super replaced 2080 at $699).

Essentially they have to raise the ceiling (i.e. release something better than the 3090), to have anything between the 3080 and 3090.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I bet there will be, if they release a 3090 Ti/Super.

If so the 3080 Ti/Super would be about on par with the 3090. Probably do the same thing Turing did (i.e. 2070 Super replaced 2070 at $499, and 2080 Super replaced 2080 at $699).

Essentially they have to raise the ceiling (i.e. release something better than the 3090), to have anything between the 3080 and 3090.

If they release something better than an RTX 3090, then the TDP would be ridiculous; it would have to be 400 watts out of the box.

drotahorror

Dell.com sells some GPU's. Does anyone know if 3080's were available on there? I want to score a 3070 but I don't have the means to in many other retailers.

Rikkori

From the interview with Tony Tamasi - orders take 6 months from when they're placed and until new cards ship, basically don't expect much shortage alleviation until February.

Better be on these sites like a hawk if you want one for Cyberpunk!

DeaDPo0L84

So the 3090 is for all intents and purposes meant to be the top GPU of the 3000 series, and the 3080 currently is a 10gb card. Between the two there isn't a major performance increase so will the 3080 super be an even more underwhelming GPU to be sandwiched between these two?

BluRayHiDef

Banned
So the 3090 is for all intents and purposes meant to be the top GPU of the 3000 series, and the 3080 currently is a 10gb card. Between the two there isn't a major performance increase so will the 3080 super be an even more underwhelming GPU to be sandwiched between these two?
Well, the RTX 3090 isn't the full GA102 chip; it's cut down from that chip, though not by much. Hence, presumably, Nvidia could release the full chip in the form of a real Titan, but it'd probably be barely faster and consume ridiculous amounts of electricity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom