• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Occupy Wall St - Occupy Everywhere, Occupy Together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For people with jobs or who have appointments here are the stations that are being threatened. Guess they were too scared to go near Penn Station.
LUNCH: Occupy The Subways - 3:00 p.m.

We will start by Occupying Our Blocks! Then throughout the five boroughs,we will gather at 16 central subway hubs and take our own stories to the trains,using the "People's Mic".

Bronx Fordham Rd 3rd Ave,138th Street 163rd and Southern Blvd 161st and River - Yankee Stadium Brooklyn Broadway Junction Borough Hall 301 Grove Street St Jose Patron Church,185 Suydam St,Bushwick Queens Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Ave. Jamaica Center/Parsons/Archer 92-10 Roosevelt Avenue,Jackson Heights Manhattan 125th St. A,B,C,D Union Sq. (Mass student strike) 23rd St and 8th Ave Staten Island St. George,Staten Island Ferry Terminal 479 Port Richmond Avenue,Port Richmond

You went to a really bad law school, didn't you, Manos? It's kind of weird that you were able to able to pass the bar. You don't even seem entirely literate. Ah well.

But it's been well-established over the course of your 450+ posts in this topic that the protestors and people who sympathize with them are a bunch of dumb, shiftless, feckless, hippies.

lo escondido

Apartheid is, in fact, not institutional racism
teruterubozu said:
I just listen to Hannity and I get Manos verbatim.
Im pretty sure manos would agree more the the general idea of OWS than hanity (i could be wrong). I've not been in this thread very much but from what I read his main beef is just with the tactics and messaging. I don't even think he is a Republican.

lo escondido said:
Im pretty sure manos would agree more the the general idea of OWS

It depends on his mood. But I swear some days it's like, I just heard that last night on the radio. (And yes I listen to conservative radio - gotta keep up with the talking points of the other side)

lo escondido said:
Im pretty sure manos would agree more the the general idea of OWS than hanity (i could be wrong). I've not been in this thread very much but from what I read his main beef is just with the tactics and messaging. I don't even think he is a Republican.
Nope I'm a registered Democrat and un this years election out of the ~18 offices up I only voted Republican in one.

Quick check out camer 2 on the stream, I think the police are about to arrest a wheel chair bound lady for sitting down on the street.

Edit: They wheeled her off, the police officer looked embarrassed. About 10 arrested for sitting infront of a police barricade, technically they were on the road but man that's gonna be a waste of paperwork.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Would you feel different if it wasn't a wheelchair bound person?

It was the comedy effect of her being pushed away for occupying the road. I didn't mean it to sound like there was some gross injustice to disabled people.

travisbickle said:
It was the comedy effect of her being pushed away for occupying the road. I didn't mean it to sound like there was some gross injustice to disabled people.
Fair enough. She was trying to block the road though. I dunno I just don't find the comedy in a person being removed by their wheelchair being pushed. I means the humor seems to come more from the persons disability than anything else.

eznark said:
So, what's the goal today?
Breakfast: Prevent the NYSE bell from ringing for the morning, or at least delay it (the bell normally rings at 9:30 Eastern)
Lunch: Do stuff on the subway
Dinner: Occupy the Brooklyn Bridge

Fair enough. She was trying to block the road though. I dunno I just don't find the comedy in a person being removed by their wheelchair being pushed. I means the humor seems to come more from the persons disability than anything else.

No it doesn't. You are such a parody.

eznark

Banned
cooljeanius said:
Breakfast: Prevent the NYSE bell from ringing for the morning, or at least delay it (the bell normally rings at 9:30 Eastern)
Lunch: Do stuff on the subway
Dinner: Occupy the Brooklyn Bridge

Cool, thanks! Who is ringing the bell this morning?

Wazzim

Banned
Annoy and piss off New Yorkers who have to commute and get around the city which will help garner New Yorkers support somehow.
You're so fucked up in your head. I know from all your posts that you actually ARE a smart person, you have the intellect. It's just that rational thinking and connecting facts is very hard for you.

Barrett2

Question, remember those two idiots on Colbert a few weeks ago, Ketchup and some dude. What's the story on them? Was that video edited to make them look like the most annoying college student a-holes in the world, or...?

For people with jobs or who have appointments here are the stations that are being threatened. Guess they were too scared to go near Penn Station.

Yeah when I heard that last night I was like "oh crap, I pass through at least two hubs on the way to work" and then I saw the list. Chickens! You don't get any hubbier than Atlantic Ave. in Brooklyn, but thank you for skipping it.

Barrett2

eznark said:
Of course it did. It's an unrealistic goal.

Yeah, im' not sure how they would honestly expect to prevent that. Delaying the NYSE opening by 5 minutes would cost billions of dollars. Bloomberg would send tanks in before letting that happen.

Joe Shlabotnik said:
Yeah when I heard that last night I was like "oh crap, I pass through at least two hubs on the way to work" and then I saw the list. Chickens! You don't get any hubbier than Atlantic Ave. in Brooklyn, but thank you for skipping it.
Yeah the list seems pretty anemic. I guess the goal is to get into the easier stations and cause delays to screw up the entire system. Union Square though is pretty large and could easily screw up traffic around the system.

eznark

Banned
lawblob said:
Yeah, im' not sure how they would honestly expect to prevent that. Delaying the NYSE opening by 5 minutes would cost billions of dollars. Bloomberg would send tanks in before letting that happen.

Pretty sure it has only ever been delayed by national emergencies.

Wazzim

Banned
Actually I'm already a lawyer, you though need to treat people with disabilities as more than a source of humor for yourself.
Just like I said, you needed to study hard to become a lawyer yet you still support the government and commercial fraud happening in the country. :-/

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
It's awesome up in here that anyone who doesn't agree completely with OWS is labeled as a troll.

Such a classy response guys. You want a circle-jerk free from serious discussion, there's forums for that.

Wazzim said:
Just like I said, you needed to study hard to become a lawyer yet you still support the government and commercial fraud happening in the country. :-/
You support the UKs banning membership or existence of a non criminal group based on the ruling on one minister.

Jenga

Banned
NervousXtian said:
It's awesome up in here that anyone who doesn't agree completely with OWS is labeled as a troll.

Such a classy response guys. You want a circle-jerk free from serious discussion, there's forums for that.
OWS supporters are quickly becoming the new bronies

Barrett2

Wazzim said:

As a fellow lawyer, you'd be surprised how conservative a lot of attorneys are.

Joe

NervousXtian said:

Go read the original thread, then read this one before making a sweeping generalization like that.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Joe said:
Go read the original thread, then read this one before making a sweeping generalization like that.

Don't really want to do that, have enough from the last 20 pages to justify my post.

eznark said:
Pretty sure it has only ever been delayed by national emergencies.
Didn't stop some from being delusional.
Gothamist said:
Update 9:38 a.m.: Shortly after 9 a.m., there was jubilant cheering from protesters under the impression that the NYSE opening bell had been delayed. But the bell is rung daily at 9:30 a.m., and that just happened, as usual.

Barrett2

eznark said:
I have never in my life had the impression that lawyers, in general, are liberals.

I think some people equate trial lawyers with lawyers in general, and with that a belief that attorneys broadly favor progressive policies.

Or maybe it's because I grew up in Texas and Utah around too many nutty conservatives.

Joe

NervousXtian said:
Don't really want to do that, have enough from the last 20 pages to justify my post.
I'd like to see some choice quotes then because I have been following since the beginning and have not seen someone labelled a troll for merely not supporting ows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom