• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Lol that was terrible Ryback sucks they did everything they could to get this guy over. But man that match was terrible. Kudos to the crowd though lol no reaction. Im glad they kept the belt on Punk

untitled-8kdegc.gif

Was expecting someone to go through the roof, oh well.

somedevil

Nobody going off the Cell anymore after Foley. I also agree with John Pollock's tweet about the ending to the match:

It's easy to complain but this was the best finish for the long term and didn't have an issue with how they went about it.

Ryback was not ready for the title.

Absolutely hilarious. They killed Ryback's streak, Punk still looks like a coward, the ref was in on it, weak cell spot, bad crowd, etc. etc. Not the worst possible outcome, but definitely did nothing for anyone. Not even a good match beforehand.

Man oh man.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Did not see that shit coming. Genuinely shocked by that. I know a lot of people are gonna hate it but I thought it was pretty awesome. This shit gives me attitude era flashbacks...

Can't wait for RAW tomorrow. Gonna be epic.

The power went out shortly after the match began, not much later it comes back on and I see the recap and Ryback on top of the cage celebrating.

lol, turrble.

At least Punk retained.

Nobody going off the Cell anymore after Foley. I also agree with John Pollock's tweet about the ending to the match:

Ryback was not ready for the title.

Agreed. This is going to tie back to AJ somehow.

(I missed the opening about Cena and AJ. Anyway, it's pretty obvious AJ is in the tank for Punk. I think.)

UberTag

Absolutely hilarious. They killed Ryback's streak, Punk still looks like a coward, the ref was in on it, weak cell spot, bad crowd, etc. etc. Not the worst possible outcome, but definitely did nothing for anyone. Not even a good match beforehand.

Man oh man.
They made their one champ into a scared little bitch.
And the other champ is The Big Show.

Let's all laugh maniacally!

Did not see that shit coming. Genuinely shocked by that. I know a lot of people are gonna hate it but I thought it was pretty awesome. This shit gives me attitude era flashbacks...

Can't wait for RAW tomorrow. Gonna be epic.

I'm sure it's happened but I can't remember an "impartial ref" just blatantly low-blowing / fast counting someone. Kinda funny to see.

Alucard

Banned
Did they really need that match to be in a cell? It felt almost useless throughout the match. Hell, the match itself was extremely short and had some good spots, but wasn't really memorable except for the screwy finish.

I think WWE creative reads message boards and tries to come up with an ending that no one has mentioned on the internet.

What a shitty ending to the PPV. Seriously. Terrible. Ryback wasn't over except for his chant, Punk looked like he wasn't really in the match, and the cell barely played a factor at all.

2.75/5 for some of Ryback's power moves and the stuff outside of the ring.

Blah. Expecting tons of backlash from this. WWE screwed the pooch on this one, IMO.

Absolutely hilarious. They killed Ryback's streak, Punk still looks like a coward, the ref was in on it, weak cell spot, bad crowd, etc. etc. Not the worst outcome, but definetely did nothing for anyone. Not even a good match beforehand.

Man oh man.

This looked like a catch-22 for the company. I think if the rest of the card had been good, it probably wouldn't have been such a huge issue. They really do need to build the rest of the roster, Cena...Punk...Mysterio=Sheamus for their over stars (minus Taker, HHH, Austin, Rock and Michaels).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright gimme that Ryback avatar, when I lose, I lose.

Man oh man.
yeah it sucks when your only thought is "it could have been worse". But at the same time I'll take what I can get at this point.

Ithil

I'm thinking AJ turns heel at Survivor Series and joins up with Punk, that was her ref there. Nothing will come of the "affair" story because it's Cena, he's perfect and never does anything wrong, buy his t-shirts. I just hope they don't go the "hoeski" route.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Well I do enjoy the finish. But devoting like less than 10 minutes to hell in a cell in a hell in a cell ppv should be criminal.

And yes that sentence is grammatically accurate.

Top Bottom