• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Ithil

Atlanta killed Ryback. Thank you Atlanta

As soon as he's back in a crowd that isn't complete crap, he'll be back to normal. All Atlanta accomplished was killing the energy of the whole show, apart from the Big Shoe/Sheamus match (the ONLY match they were alive for).

Yea i think the thread is overly negative. the first hour was really dead, but things really picked up during the PTP vs. CarStereo Match. The Diva's match was actually good, the Heavyweight Title Match had a solid ending, and the Final Match of the night was good given the circumstances.

KissVibes

Banned
They were just as short, what are you talking about?

And collectively they're terrible.

He's been in developmental since 2004 and is still green as fuck in the ring. CM Punk should win a Slammy for best carry in a match for his work selling Ryback as this monster WWE pretends he's supposed to be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
hey, wait, I was right though wasn't I? That the match would be better than expected?

Right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They were just as short, what are you talking about?
What are YOU talking about? Have you just blocked out the parts where he's failed to lift several wrestlers and nearly dropped them? I haven't seen 30 minute epics from Sandow, but I still know he's a good wrestler because, weird Russian Leg Sweep aside, he executes his moves properly. Cesaro's the same way even if he gets no reaction. Ryback can't even execute his own moves properly. What are you judging if not how he executes his own moves as a monster? His selling doesn't matter if they're booking him as a monster.

Orton vs Del Rio - ***
Hell No (c) vs Rhodes Schollars - *** 1/2
Kofi vs The Miz - ** 1/2
Cesaro (c) vs Gabriel - ** 3/4
Rey Cara vs PTP - *** 3/4
Sheamus (c) vs Big Show - *** 3/4
Eve (c) vs Layla vs Kaitlyn - **
CM Punk (c) vs The Ryback - ***

Not a bad show, just a kinda dull one. Oh well, time to look forward to next month's PPVs - first up, New Japan - Power Struggle;

NJPW "40TH ANNIVERSARY POWER STRUGGLE", 2012.11.11
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM

iiERsqtVzcSYf.jpg

• Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs Laughter7 (Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata)
  • Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) (c) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title Match
  • Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hirooki Goto - Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Title Contendership Match
  • Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Karl Anderson - IWGP Intercontinental Title Match
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Yujiro Takahashi - IWPG Heavyweight Title Match

Should prove to be an awesome show, even if the card isn't quite as stacked as the last PPV. Really looking forward to seeing Okada vs Goto III (the first was Okada's title defence against Goto, while the second was during the G1 tournament, setting up this match). Hopefully the Jr. Heavyweight belts will be defended too, and I'm interested to see where the Laughter7 stuff goes, they got great heat on the last PPV.

Honestly I didn't hate the PPV but if it hadn't been on Sky Sports rather than PPV I would have felt annoyed at having paid for it. As a 3 hour wrasslin show it was fine. Not good, but passable.

Jitters

The more that match went on the more i thought they shouldn't put the title on Ryback. He looked uncomfortable and Punk was literally running around him trying to make the match last longer. Plus the crowd didn't give a fuck. The goldberg chants made me laugh though
It was because he was supposed to be afraid of Ryback. Like I said, it made Ryback look like a monster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
first up, New Japan - Power Struggle;

NJPW "40TH ANNIVERSARY POWER STRUGGLE", 2012.11.11
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM

• Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs Laughter7 (Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata)
  • Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) (c) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title Match
  • Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hirooki Goto - Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Title Contendership Match
  • Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Karl Anderson - IWGP Intercontinental Title Match
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Yujiro Takahashi - IWPG Heavyweight Title Match

Should prove to be an awesome show, even if the card isn't quite as stacked as the last PPV. Really looking forward to seeing Okada vs Goto III (the first was Okada's title defence against Goto, while the second was during the G1 tournament, setting up this match). Hopefully the Jr. Heavyweight belts will be defended too, and I'm interested to see where the Laughter7 stuff goes, they got great heat on the last PPV.

It's like whenever I eat an unsatisfying sushi dinner, you're just 10 steps away with a burger to fix what was lacking. Thanks for your burger, Bootaaay.

ecurbj

Honestly I didn't hate the PPV but if it hadn't been on Sky Sports rather than PPV I would have felt annoyed at having paid for it. As a 3 hour wrasslin show it was fine. Not good, but passable.
That's why I'm annoyed. I paid for it and my expectations was to see a really GOOD Hell In A Cell like Shawn Michaels and Undertaker. This one was mediocre at best and deserved to be a regular singles match.

Cagey

Banned
That's why I'm annoyed. I paid for it and my expectations was to see a really GOOD Hell In A Cell like Shawn Michaels and Undertaker. This one was mediocre at best and deserved to be a regular singles match.

Sounds like the problem was on your end, to be honest.

David Shoemaker ‏@AKATheMaskedMan
Oh, Atlanta. RT @brandonlieblich I'm sure it was mute on the broadcast but "THIS IS STUPID" was chanted loudly after the finish

i imagine this is going to be the general reaction

That's another thing too. This match would've been fine if it was a regular singles match, Ryback gets cheated, and now he wants revenge against Punk inside the Cell. But they've already done the Cell. Where do they go now? What match would be a bigger deal than a Hell in a Cell match?

Kyoufu

That's another thing too. This match would've been fine if it was a regular singles match, Ryback gets cheated, and now he wants revenge against Punk inside the Cell. But they've already done the Cell. Where do they go now? What match would be a bigger deal than a Hell in a Cell match?

Next PPV is TLC I think. Ryback is on the cover.

Jitters

What are YOU talking about? Have you just blocked out the parts where he's failed to lift several wrestlers and nearly dropped them? I haven't seen 30 minute epics from Sandow, but I still know he's a good wrestler because, weird Russian Leg Sweep aside, he executes his moves properly. Cesaro's the same way even if he gets no reaction. Ryback can't even execute his own moves properly. What are you judging if not how he executes his own moves as a monster? His selling doesn't matter if they're booking him as a monster.
You mean that time he couldn't pick up Tensai? People botch from time to time. Batista couldn't pick up Kane that time, and ended up a mega star.

Oh yeah, that PPV...

Ryback winning the title at SS confirmed.

There probably wont be a tilte match at SS itll be a team match im guessing itll be Guerrero/Heyman team vs an AJ team for her job
Punk/Lesnar vs Cena/Ryback probably some other jobbers in there too

gurudyne

Next PPV is TLC I think. Ryback is on the cover.

What would Ryback bring to a ladders match? He's a powerhouse, single-minded destruction. Hell in a Cell is where he's supposed to shine. It's essentially the showcase for his skillset. Ladder matches are about strategy and timing, knowing when to go for the belt and when to lie low and wait for the other guy to get high enough to knock down. He can use the tables and chairs to great effect, but the ladder is the centerpiece. It's not his forte and so it's going to be a step back no matter what.

gurudyne

Let's put this behind us and look forward to Tuesday:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcms5ejz571qzx70zo1_500.png/IMG]

Three Hunters! Three Times the Fun![/QUOTE]

Someone on Gaming side's thread has a Youtube video up of this match. It's sort of mind bending. [spoiler]Paul Levisque wins.[/spoiler]

Alucard

Banned
My review of tonight's show:

Orton vs. Del Rio - some really good wrestling and creative offense from both guys, and a really nice finish. Wish it had gone on for longer, but for a first match it was nearly-perfect. 3.75/5.

Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars - funny entrance by the Rhodes Scholars, some great kicks from Bryan, good mat wrestling from the Scholars, some decent power from Kane and then...it's all cut short with a quick and shitty finish, which advances the Kane/Bryan story, but leaves fans feeling sour after what should have been a better and longer match, especially since the Rhodes Scholars had won a tournament to get this far. 3/5.

Kofi vs. Miz - so, this match happened. Not too bad overall, though. Some great athleticism from Kofi, and a much-needed victory. Could have gone without the "Wildcat" victory speech, though! 2.75/5.

Cesaro vs. Gabriel - good action, good power moves, good display of each wrestler's style. Just a good match in general with a vicious-looking forearm from Cesaro when Gabriel jumped to the outside. 3.5/5.

PTP vs. Rey and Cara - entertaining action, but this match had zero build. The end result was kind of forgettable overall. 2.5/5.

Sheamus vs. Big Show - great psychology and storytelling in this one. Loved the ending. It looked awesome, and both guys came in hard. 4/5.

Divas - there was some stuff that happened, but I missed most of this. What I saw was pretty good I guess. 2.5/5.

Ryback vs. Punk - some decent spots, but they didn't utilize the cell in any satisfactory way, and the whole thing was far too short. I can't believe how quickly it ended. It was the MAIN EVENT! It should have felt more important and grandiose, but it just left a bitter taste in my mouth. The result was okay, but the execution was just disappointing, and probably moreso for those who paid money to see it live. At least the ending was kind of different, and Heyman on the outside made it entertaining. 3/5.

Overall: a pretty tepid affair outside of the opening match and the World Heavyweight Championship. Cesaro and Gabriel also brought it. The main event, while logical in its outcome, didn't build up Ryback or Punk. It felt like a sidestep instead of a step forward. Also, the crowd was AWFUL. Were they giving out ambien at the gate or something? Wow.

Anyway, final score out of 10 for this PPV? 6.5/10. Had its moments, but too much filler and a main event that was just over 10 minutes long and which wasn't given time to really develop.

Top Bottom