• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

tm24

They are making more money now than at the peak of the Attitude Era, right? Stagnant in ratings and drawing maybe (domestically), but they are growing in terms of merchandise, TV rights, video games, DVDs, the new deal with Hulu, and international presence.

Yes, their revenue streams are far more refined and varied than they used to be.

KissVibes

Banned
Vince fires writing staff, hires Heavy.

Goddamn, Cena is the worst and if he's really unhappy with his role, he'd use his juice to change things but he doesn't because all he wants is a paycheck and doesn't care if he ruins things for everyone else.

gurudyne

Wait, so he's getting respect now?

"What does it matter if people do not want to watch?"

Oh this fucking shit. I want to slam that elbow in a car door.

Ultratech

Is THAT A TAT!?

It's probably one of these things:
120808_th_kinesiotape.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

Yeah, sports tape. Kinesiology tape to be more precise.

IF YOU WALK OUT OF NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS WITH THE BELT IT WILL DEFINE YOUR LEGACY.

IF YOU WANT TO DEFINE YOUR LEGACY, ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE IN HELL IN A CELL.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I don't think you will ever get a complete reboot with Vince. I was listening to an interview with someone the other day (think it was HBK) where they where saying that he slowburned the attitude era because he thought people wouldn't accept wholesale change all at once. I do think he is tiring of Cena though. Cena has been on top longer than anyone since Hogan really and the product is fairly stagnant with him at the helm. I think (hope) he will start winding down after Mania and start putting a few guys over in big matches.

There weren't weekly 3 hour events or 13 PPVs a year when hogan was on top, though.

I did some calculations a while back and Cena has had as much TV/PPV time at the top as Hogan did in WWF and WCW combined.

He's worse than Hogan, because at least hogan could tell a story.

Also, I still can't believe they took the pink gear away from natalya and dolph so cena could be the only one wearing pink for the breast cancer stuff.

They are using a cancer awareness thing as a marketing tool for John Cena. Think about that.

Top Bottom