• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

cena once again being part of a match that lifts itself up from who gives a shit to hanging on every pin

i wonder if he will actually drop the title before his time off or if he'll just take it on hiatus. he's still active through to hell in a cell, right? maybe he'll drop it there

I got a feeling he'll defend it against the entire New Day at HiaC and go over, then drop it to Roman on the Raw after HiaC before taking his hiatus.

RBH

CRKPsmoUwAAGSA_.jpg:large

Colocho

Banned
So are people still overrating these formulaic ass Cena matches masquerading as 5 star classics?

Cause they're all the same. Big move big move big move big move big move big move, 5 million 2 1/2 counts AA OUTTA NOWHERE end

I never understood how the "Cena US Open burying of the midcard" was a good thing, sure the loser gets to get their shit in, but at the end of the day they all lose and are right back to where they belong.

Cesaro had 2 great matches with Cena, and then a few months later he's jobbing out to Big Show twice, clean as a whistle.

A Good macth is a good macth.

I don't think they're good matches though *shrug*

I agree, but as spotfests go, they're pretty entertaining and a good watch for Monday Night Raw.

But nearly every week? It's too much. I get that they have to fill 3 hours of quality television Every Monday Night™, but constant 20 minute WWE main event style spotfests gets tiring. They've completely diluted the late match miracle kick out, which admittedly happened a long time ago, but they've even killed it on TV matches now.

MC Safety

Hey look at that, another US Open Challenge that produces a great match but does absolutely nothing for the challenger. Next week Dolph will be back to irrelevancy and it'll be like this never happened.

What is the match supposed to do for Dolph Ziggler except make him look good at the moment?

UberTag

What is the match supposed to do for Dolph Ziggler except make him look good at the moment?
None of these matches are supposed to do anything except fill time and make Cena look good. Don't waste the energy trying to think otherwise.
That said, when the alternative is Cena feuds with someone, loses the first match and then wins the next 4 while no-selling most of their offense... this is still better.

Raws been on for almost 2 hours and all I can think about is watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on Huluplus. I'm towards the end of season 2.

Edit: Chicago? Jeez they're dead. Chicago is usually more lively. Must be the Cubs game.

Up Up Down Down getting that TV push
Xavier will finally get that Crunchyroll sponsorship!

Edit: SHUT THE FUCK UP JBL, DON'T TALK OVER COLE

MG310

This would all make so much more sense if Bray continued to dominate the Rumble and all that Kane/Show stuff didn't happen.

Top Bottom